Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6346&start_row=51

if you a ras who doesnt accept the bible

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 123
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/22/2015 2:33:49 AM

It's a shame if you believe the 'only way to salvation is through Christ' and a disrespect to any other culture or history outside of Christianity. And not a stance even Haile Selassie kept. You are too stuck in the paradigm to be able to step back and critically appraise. Now what are you asking in this thread that hasn't been dealt with? Any of the threads of Bible criticism are among the longest threads on the whole a forum. Instead of harmony why do Jesus followers feel the need to be so missionary like?

If Haile Selassie was a member of a Christian religion with set rules and beliefs including the denial of man being God outside of Christ........ And then Rasta people come along as say Haile Selassie is God almighty, some say he higher than God. Does this not represent a fundamental difference in belief between Orthodox (HIM) and Rastafari people? This has been tested and clarified with the Orthodox Church as they disagree with InI perspective on the divine elevation or dieification of HIM.
So if HIM is a part of a religion whe believe certain things a set way... Then You come along with a fundamentally different belief with a 'new name' .... How is this in essence any different than disagreeing also with the Orthodox interpretation or dealings with the Bible? Don't take this point lightly:

People talk about 'the word' in the bible. Which is none sense when almost any message within the book can be interpreted and often is, in a number of different ways. There is no global consensus on any 'word' within the bible. So as a rallying point and as a refuge and as a thing to glory in we can only imagine His Majesty is saying this with the mindset and interpretation of an Orthodox Christian. Rastafari people do NOT read the entire Bible as Orthodox do. Meaning even you Bible Rasta will have some form of discrepancy / disagreement with the way in which His Majesty sight 'the word' ...by default!! Just because he may not have publically vocalised his opinion on every teaching within the bible one can use ones own a logic or even better try reasoning with a orthodox and see how long it take you to get to the tangent or place where the two ideologies clash because they are not in parallel with one another. When you see this you see your argument is a little hypocritical. If you want to have his beliefs then BE a orthodox

Now also overstand that there is nothing divine or special about the CHOICE of religion ones enter into by default. I'm not taking about spirituality but religion itself. Remember the religion was TAUGHT to His Majesty he wasn't born with these beliefs and he doesn't tell us of any divine revelation sent to him by 'God' directly (like a Moses or Mohammad). With this in mind, and the knowledge that the 'word' if we are to overstand means the perceived messages within the bible, can be found in almost the same way, in other sources outside of the bible whe even seem more original; by putting the Bible down and dealing with those sources instead...... This could be viewed a more accurate measure of 'the word' which His Majesty talked about.

Ethiopia and Africa itself have a long and fruitful history outside of Biblical reference and can be documented flourishing thousands of years with civilisation built around their spiritual sciences before the most ancient of Bible 'text' will ever be dated. But only Jesus for salvation? we won't disrespect the ancestors that way. Look deeper

Messenger: Joseph I Sent: 12/22/2015 3:14:04 AM

I didn't check the other discussions until after starting this topic otherwise I would've just made a response on there. The reason that followers of Yeshua come off that way is because we're doing what He told us to do.
"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:19-20
If the I sees it as disrupting harmony it's not I intention because I try to elaborate on things in a gentle way.

I'd say that there's no difference in these disagreements because in whatever way Yeshua is presented to certain ones, they rather see Selassie as God. But Selassie didn't fulfill prophecy, He didn't perform miracles, He didn't claim to be the way to Zion. He worshiped Yeshua and Yeshua did do all of those said things. I made this topic to better overstand how can any ones even worship Selassie and not use the bible. I hope you take this in the right raspect because it's not my intention to denounce Selassie or even dispute whether He was God or not. I see Him as a man of Jah and a prophet. And I do now have a little bit better insight on some of the Ras here perspective. Selassie said "unless he accepts with clear conscience the Bible and its great message, he cannot hope for salvation." If you see that as disrespect to your ancestors or not, Selassie obviously didn't share your view. I give thanks for the reasoning.

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 12/22/2015 3:54:28 AM

Didn't perform miracles? Didn't fulfill prophecies?

I urge you to first read Revelations from your Bible and see that he is the manifestation of Jah and the holy spirit, the second coming of Jesus in his Kingly Character, King of Kings and Lord of Lords has fulfilled prophecy!

Second, didn't perform miracles?

How about; defeating a fascist regime 10 times stronger than his own? How about commanding respect for Africans wherever he went? As a Black King commanding respect from all the worlds leaders? About uniting Africans that for a long time have been shattered and depressed? How about giving Ethiopa (the first land) the fastest progressive upheaval it has ever seen (Schools, Universities, Education, technological innovations, foreign and public investments etc) ? Setting up a constitution granting the people civil and religious rights and liberty? Giving a prophetic speech at the League of Nations including the well known "It it us today, it will be you tomorrow" ? How about insisting on crowning HIM AND Empress Menen at the same time, a FIRST, promoting balance and gender equality? And so much more.

If these are not miracles i don't know what is.

Also, these are all things i can prove to you with an exact date and time, can you prove to me the things you believe Jesus did? Apart from the Bible, where is you real, tangible proof? I know exactly what my God looks like, i know exactly what he did and when he did it and why he did it and have living proof for every single thing. That is the difference bredren.

Haile Selassie I, Jah Rastafari

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 12/22/2015 6:30:19 AM

Raspeck Sistren and Idren!

Ark I show I a more tolerant certain look at the bible. from the older reasoning the I also pointed out more wickedness deh in deh. With dem whe cnt approach God, one VERY ANTI African statement "Those with "flat noses" cant give the Lord's bread! SMH

Yeshua said I am with u til the END of the AGE! What AGE and does/did it end?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/22/2015 9:28:57 AM

So if you do all that Yeshea says, that means you Live in Perfect Righteousness as God is Perfect?

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 12/22/2015 11:03:30 AM

Quite an impressive biblical debate...

But this question begs to be asked:

How is it that there are indigenous people who do not read and have never picked up a bible, yet act more "godly" and righteous then the most well versed Christian? Whilst folks argue (biblical masturbation?) about Lot, or pontificate about Matthew, Mark and Luke, or the hair length of Paul, there are righteous people on Earth living in perfect harmony with the Creator and Creation, humble and loving, in Jah perfect example....with absolutely no need for bible, Torah or Q'ran, without ever stepping foot in a church, synagogue or mosque.

No need for them to verbally vomit a bunch of scriptures to INNATELY KNOW Jah, or know right from wrong.

I have travelled and lived on several continents, and been most blessed to be able to break bread with people from different parts of this blessed earth, from different cultural and spiritual backgrounds, and have often found the most "godly", humble, righteous, spiritual human beings, are those living simply in Jah Creation. They LIVE the teachings of "Christ" in poetic motion, without ever EVER opening a bible, or speaking of Jesus Christ.

On the other hand, ironically, ini sight more judgement and unrighteous, ungodly behavior in the most religious, bible totting, church going so-called Christians.

The "kingdom of Jah" is WITHIN. The Laws are written in our hearts.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 12/22/2015 11:42:45 AM

From The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran

On Religion     

And an old priest said, "Speak to us of Religion." 
And he said: 
Have I spoken this day of aught else? 
Is not religion all deeds and all reflection, 
And that which is neither deed nor reflection, but a wonder and a surprise ever springing in the soul, even while the hands hew the stone or tend the loom? 

Who can separate his faith from his actions, or his belief from his occupations? 

Who can spread his hours before him, saying, "This for God and this for myself; 
This for my soul, and this other for my body?"
All your hours are wings that beat through space from self to self. 

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked. 
The wind and the sun will tear no holes in his skin. 
And he who defines his conduct by ethics imprisons his song-bird in a cage. 
The freest song comes not through bars and wires. 
And he to whom worshipping is a window, to open but also to shut, has not yet visited the house of his soul whose windows are from dawn to dawn. 

Your daily life is your temple and your religion. 
Whenever you enter into it take with you your all. 
Take the plough and the forge and the mallet and the lute, 
The things you have fashioned in necessity or for delight. 
For in revery you cannot rise above your achievements nor fall lower than your failures. 
And take with you all men: 

For in adoration you cannot fly higher than their hopes nor humble yourself lower than their despair. 
And if you would know God be not therefore a solver of riddles. 
Rather look about you and you shall see Him playing with your children. 
And look into space; you shall see Him walking in the cloud, outstretching His arms in the lightning and descending in rain. 
You shall see Him smiling in flowers, then rising and waving His hands in trees. 

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/22/2015 11:45:58 AM

Joseph I is the same as the rest of the Christians. Their books are their Gods, and even more so than the bible, their church books that their preachers read (from past or present influence) are their main Gods.

As the bible says, they that worship them are like unto them.

They have words but no sound, wickedness in the guise of justice, imagination over reality, controlled and dictated by other people with a pen.

Messenger: Joseph I Sent: 12/22/2015 3:56:26 PM

" For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths." 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you." Deuteronomy 4:2

"What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it." Deuteronomy 12:32

"Every word of God is pure: He is a shield unto them that put their trust in Him. Add thou not unto His words, lest He reprove thee, and thou be found a liar." Proverbs 30:5-6

"I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book." Revelation 22:18-19

"But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction." 2 Peter 2:1

"But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15

"A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion." Proverbs 18:2

My final statement to all of the I, don't use the bible at all if the I can't accept the whole book. It's foolish in the eyes of JAH the author of the inspired scriptures, and in those who overstand better than you do. If you take away or add to the Word, Jah's curse falls on you for twisting His Words like a son of satan. Throw your insults and worthless opinions if that's who you are. Jah blesses I when I am reviled for His sake.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/22/2015 4:07:58 PM

Those first two quotes from Deuteronomy are about the commandments, not the Bible. And the other one is about Revelations, not the Bible. The Bible wasn't even compiled into a full book when those quotes were written. The Bible is a compilation of several books written by several people.

The threat quotes in the bible may scare you, but they don't scare the rest of us, and neither do the curses you mention scare us. That fear mongering works for minds like yours, not ours.

Many of the Ones here have no interest to use the bible at all, so they should have no problem with your final statement. Hope it actually is your final statement, but I doubt it.

It is more likely that Jah views people who actually think He is the author of those books as foolish. In terms of not dealing with the Bible unless people accept everything in it, that is also a foolish and ignorant approach. People with an intelligent mind will Learn the good wherever they see it, and refuse the foolish and wicked wherever they see it.

Here is another proverb

A fool takes no pleasure in Iverstanding, but only in expressing and blindly believing the words of his god book.

I and I God is Haile Selassie I, not a book.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 123

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I