Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6346&start_row=1

if you a ras who doesnt accept the bible

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 123
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Joseph I Sent: 12/20/2015 4:42:23 PM

First and foremost, I hope to have an ilaful reasoning this isn't here to make any I vexed. I'd like to better overstand the 'Ras' that says 'bun a bible' or just doesn't accept it.

How are you a Ras? Do you only accept certain things Selassie I say? He's called defender of the faith for a reason. According to the teachings of His Majesty, if you do not accept the bible you are going to the lake of fire because you don't have salvation.

"We in Ethiopia have one of the oldest versions of the Bible, but however old the version may be, in whatever language it might be written, the Word remains the same, It transcends all boundaries of empires and all conceptions of race. It is eternal.

"No doubt you all remember reading in the Acts of the Apostles how Philip baptized the Ethiopian official. He is the first Ethiopian on record to have followed Christ, and from that day onwards the Word of God has continued to grow in the hearts of Ethiopians. And I might say for myself that from early childhood I was taught to appreciate the Bible, and my love for it increases with the passage of time.......

"Because of this personal experience in the goodness of the Bible, I was resolved that all my countrymen should also share its great blessing, and that by reading the Bible they should find truth for themselves. Therefore I caused a new translation to be made from our ancient language into the language which the old and the young understood and spoke.

"Today man sees all his hopes and aspirations crumbling before him. He is perplexed and knows not whether he is drifting. But he must realize that the Bible is his refuge and the rallying point for all humanity. In it man will find the solution to his present difficulties and guidance for this future action, and unless he accepts with clear conscience the Bible and its great message, he cannot hope for salvation. For my part I glory in the Bible."

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 12/20/2015 4:52:04 PM

According to Selassie's faith HIM is NOT Jah!

Messenger: Joseph I Sent: 12/20/2015 5:04:12 PM

Voodooruuts Sent: Today 3:52:04 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

According to Selassie's faith HIM is NOT Jah!

Give thanks for the fast response. Which does the I feel is more important? Sighting His Majesty as Jah?
Or guaranteed salvation?
If any Ras doesn't have faith as His Majesty does, the I can't see Selassie when the I has passed on to eternity.
Also, if Selassie was Jah in flesh, why does the I not listen to what He says about having salvation?
I see His Majesty as a prophet. But if I sighted Him as Jah Himself, then I would take His words into account even more so.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/20/2015 6:23:17 PM

Is like a must for Bible Rasta to come challenge InI for InI right to Rasta. From InI don't join dem bible literalisation and we sick a dem story. Notice how de Ras you speak about challenge the text itself not the individual for believing in it

Anyway surely you can look this up in the search this question been asked before iah. Or even try read the thread you talkin about which burn jc and burn bible. It full of explanation

Blessed Ites

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 12/20/2015 7:44:33 PM

What is "GUARANTEED" salvation?

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 12/20/2015 8:23:49 PM

Better yet still what is salvation?

Messenger: Joseph I Sent: 12/20/2015 8:41:56 PM

Voodooruuts Sent: Today 7:23:49 PM

Better yet still what is salvation?

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.
John 3:36

sal·va·tion
deliverance from sin and its consequences

I'm not sure if you deal with the bible, but my question still stands how can you claim to be a follower of Selassie then reject His teachings? It's inconsistent and illogical. And Selassie saying that other faiths/religions being valid, doesn't mean that those other religions can give you salvation. That would be contradicting Himself when He says
"unless he accepts with clear conscience the Bible and its great message, he cannot hope for salvation. For my part I glory in the Bible."
Give thanks for the upfull reasoning.

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 12/20/2015 9:07:36 PM

What is sin?

A Lion follows the pride as a cub as adolescent he ventures out as a Lion he finds his own pride!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/20/2015 9:27:57 PM

Haile Selassie I didn't say people would go to hell if they didn't accept the Bible, and he also didn't say this
----------
unless he accepts the Bible and its great message, he cannot hope for salvation. For my part I glory in the Bible
----------

What he said was this

unless he accepts with clear conscience the Bible and its great message, he cannot hope for salvation. For my part I glory in the Bible

Meaning that people that deal with the Bible must deal with it with a clear conscience. And other things He has said show clearly that He doesn't think only His religion is right or that other religions are wrong.

RasTafarI is about I and I Roots. So it is Natural that at least some Ones and Ones will look to the ways of their ancestors, before the Bible.

Even RasTafarI people who deal with the Bible are not enslaved by it, but have their own mind and thoughts.

Messenger: Joseph I Sent: 12/20/2015 9:50:12 PM

Ark I Sent: Today 8:27:57 PM

_________

"When Jesus Christ was born from Virgin Mary, from that time on He lived an exemplary life, a life which men everywhere must emulate. This life and the faith that He taught us assures Us of salvation, assures us also of harmony and good life upon earth. Because the exemplary character of the life of Jesus Christ it is necessary that all men do their maximum in their human efforts to see to it that they approximate as much as they can the good example that has been set by Him." - Haile Selassie I
As a political figure and diplomat, He was tolerant of other faiths and even knew that we should/must live side by side with them. However, He believed in the whole bible, and in that bible it says that there's only one way to salvation. It's good to know where we came from. But what is more important, is where we are going. Blessed

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 123

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I