Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6340&start_row=1

Kemet & Maat - before Judaism, Christianity and Islam

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: KnowThySelf333 Sent: 12/17/2015 2:42:59 PM

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 1/1/2016 3:16:48 AM

Has any one read 'The Book of The Opening of The Mouth'?

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 1/2/2016 11:07:59 AM

From I overstanding, this is a ceremony/ritual, which is spoken of in The Papyrus of Ani (in which "Rasta" is mentioned throughout). I don't believe it was written as book, per say.

"THE CHAPTER OF OPENING THE MOUTH OF THE OSIRIS ANI. To be said:- The god Ptah shall open my mouth, and the god of my town shall unfasten the swathings, the swathings which are over my mouth. Thereupon shall come Thoth, who is equipped with words of power in great abundance, and shall untie the fetters, even the fetters of the god Set which are over my mouth. And the god Tem shall cast them back at those who would fetter me with them, and cast them at him. Then shall the god Shu open my mouth, and make an opening into my mouth with the same iron implement wherewith he opened the mouth of the gods. I am the goddess Sekhmet, and I take my seat upon the place by the side of Amt-ur the great wind of heaven. I am the great Star-goddess Saah, who dwelleth among the Souls of Anu. Now as concerning every spell, and every word which shall be spoken against me, every god of the Divine Company shall set himself in opposition thereto."

" This Chapter shall be recited by a man who is ceremonially clean and pure, who hath not eaten the flesh of animals, or fish, and who hath not had intercourse with women. And behold, thou shalt make a scarab of green stone, with a rim [plated] with gold, which shall be placed above the heart of a man, and it shall perform for him the "opening of the mouth." And thou shalt anoint it with myrrh unguent, and thou shalt recite over it the following words of magical power. [Here follows the text of the Chapter of Not Letting the Heart of Ani Be Taken from Him.]"

PICTURE OF THE OPENING OF THE MOUTH RITUAL

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I