Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6335&start_row=1

My story. Looking for answers in my life.

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: belgianyouth Sent: 12/13/2015 12:29:58 PM

Greetings everybody.

I am a youth searching for answers. I am really interested in the rastafarian way of life. I have listened to reggae music since I was 14 years old and it has influenced me a lot already in life. Now (19) I am starting to get interested in Rastafarian livity. But I still have a huge journey ahead of me. It feels like the good way of life. Filled with love & peace for every man. Against the system I live in. Babylonian system I have been born into but it does not feel right. It makes the people full of stress. Obsessed with time. Watching tell-LIE-vision. Objectification of women. Depression and unhappy people everywhere. "All-you-can-eat" restaurants while people on the street are starving and eating out of trash bins. Rich people not willing to share a penny with the ones living on the streets. Selfish people. People having a lot of "friends" on social media but are lonely in real life. I don't agree with a lot of things going on in the system I live in, although I am not always good myself. Sometimes I steal. Sometimes I make my mother cry. Sometimes I am rude to people when going out. I drink alcohol and destroy something random on the street.

But I want to change. I want to become a truly good person. And I think Rastafarian livity is the way. I want to start by eating the ital way. But I have questions behind the reasoning.

- Why is salt considered bad?

- It does not feel bad to me drinking alcohol. I know the problems it causes but I also have good times with friends because of it. I don't think the herb is 100% good too. In my opinion they are both substances that you should USE. This does not mean ABUSE. Alcohol can be very bad but in moderation it is fine. The herb has many benefits but I also see people ABUSING it and throwing their lives away, doing nothing but sitting in the couch smoking the herb. What do you think about this?

- Why is milk and eggs considered bad for your body?

- Is it okay to eat meat if you raised the animal on your own with caring and love? I know it is bad to eat un-pure animal meat because of how they treat them. But is it really that bad if the animal had a good life?

I have so many questions. It is crazy. I hope I will find my way.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 12/14/2015 1:38:00 AM

Yes I brother. Raising and caring fo an animal does not give yu de right to kill it. Do unto others what yu would love dem to do unto yu. Yu seh yu sometimes steal. Would yu like it if somebody steal from yu? Yu raise a chicken to kill & eat it. Would yu like it if yu were to be confined & later killed for food? De main reason why some of us abstain flesh & all animal products is becos we respect de rights of all animal to good life. Salt & alcohol are not ital. they are not good fo de body

Messenger: JK Wango Sent: 12/14/2015 5:13:26 AM

Salt is ablood pressure starter.
A swahili saying "amekula chumvi nyingi"(he/she has eaten a lot of salt)means one has had a lot of problems or is really old.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/14/2015 6:07:21 PM

To be salt

Is to be unlucky

Messenger: KnowThySelf333 Sent: 12/14/2015 7:12:32 PM

Loving and caring is the opposite of killing.
You cant love and care for an animal and kill it too.

Salt:use wisely where it may serve a useful purpose like a disinfectant for example.

Peace.

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 12/14/2015 7:15:41 PM

Salt keep dem bad spirit/energy way from u

Messenger: EVOLUTION Sent: 2/1/2016 7:27:37 AM

Belgianyouth are you still looking for answers???

Messenger: JahGul Sent: 2/2/2016 8:02:46 AM

I can refer to your story in many ways, I is about the same age and live close considering your name is based on that. I think some points you mentioned are very relevant but I do not agree on some others. I think we both too young for living life the way many elder Rastafari are, but we should try our best's and work towards that.

I think stealing and destroying are things I should not do without doubt. In I younger years I did those things too but I realised this was not the way to live. I think those things are sometimes consequenses of drinking (too much or too strong) alcohol. Being rude to people is a choice of your own, wich can be changed if you want to. Maybe by not going out when I doe's not feel like I should, or by relaxing (reggae music).

The social media 'problem' you spoke about is something most all of the youth's do nowadays (at least in I surroundings), But that doesn't make it a bad thing by instant in I opinion. I use it too, I use it to spread I message of Love and unity towards my contacts, I use it to reach as many as people possible with I love.

I see much abuse of both Alcohol and the herb in I surroundings too, Yet I think it depends on your own if you take part in that. I think the herb is the perfect way for I reasoning and meditating. It gives me a clear vision of I inner sense.
Alcohol can bring good times with friends, I am aware of that. Although Alcohol also brought I bad times and made I do stupid actions, This is what alcohol does. I agree it is hard for I in our situations to not drink alcohol, yet it would be the best decision in I opinion.

I have been reading on this forum for months maybe a year now, learning and gaining knowledge of I people, yet never posted anything, From now on I would like to exchange more thought's and be more in touch with I bredren and Sistren.

Jah Rastafari

Messenger: EVOLUTION Sent: 2/2/2016 9:40:06 AM

Greetings Jahgul...Great support reasoning.

InI need to get this FACT...WE are ALL SPIRITUAL BEINGS having a HUMAN EXPERIENCE...We are EXTENSIONS of GOD/JAH in these AMAZING BODIES...we are all VISITORS on EARTH...We are LOVE and all we have here on EARTH in these amazing bodies is TIME...We need to RESPECT this PLANET and our fellow VISITORS humans/animals...We are here to be our BEST and DO our BEST...all we need to do is follow the golden rule...DO UNTO TO OTHERS as u would like them do unto YOU...When other beings are wicked to you...just OVERSTAND... he/she is not SPIRITUALLY "AWAKE" therefore he/she is UNAWARE of him/her TRUEself...thats when YOU pray for the AWAKENING of that being...BLESSED LOVE...

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 2/2/2016 2:36:16 PM

Truthful.

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I