Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6329&start_row=61

Is it true that Haile Selassie I dissavowed the legend of descending from Solomon and Sheba to diplomats and royal firends?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 78
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 2/27/2016 6:25:30 AM

I am not telling you how to look at anything. I will say though that are lots of rastafari elders saying what i am. However, as i just mentioned in previous posts, there are different perspectives to this and they are all equally true. Secondly, i apologized for misunderstanding your intention and responding in a wrong way. Blessed love.

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 2/27/2016 6:34:28 AM

"Secondly, this ststemment "look to the east" must stop being seen as prophecy"
(Because it doesnt fit in to what YOU want INI movement to be about)

But you aint tell us how look at it!

OH remember Nat Turner use the bible also

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 2/27/2016 6:39:37 AM

I'm just saying that it should be seen as what it is. A statement in one of his theater plays. Yes i know about Nat Turner, and Denmark Vesey, Gabriel Prosser and the likes of them. Researched this a long time ago brother, we can talk about those things whenever you want.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/27/2016 7:15:02 AM

John 15:26 :

"When the Counselor comes, the One I will send to you from the Father--the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father--He will testify about Me."

John 16:8

"When He comes, He will convict the world about sin, righteousness, and judgment"

Obama 2015:

"My Christian faith tells me that I need not fear death. That the acceptance of Christ promises everlasting life and the washing away of sins."

Testifying about christ and teaching about sin? Or is this the problem with very loose descriptions?

http://m.christianpost.com/news/obama-national-prayer-breakfast
-acceptance-christ-dont-fear-death-156790/

????

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 2/27/2016 7:25:32 AM

Ok but where is the lineage? Where are the actions? Where are the changes? Where are the titles King of Kings and Lord of Lords? So on So on, this is why i said it is a mix of many things, not ONLY the Bible

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/27/2016 7:35:28 AM

You know that this Obama messiah thing was real a few years back. Lol. I think he had some believers still. Yes, I.

My last Q for any Bible ras - if you believe HIM to be the Jesus/God of the Bible, both which could perform miracles and have supernatural powers if we take the stories literally - does HIM have the same superpowers? Is he supernatural? Or are you saying he is just a man? If he is Christ returned could he turn water to wine? Feed the 5000 and bring dead man back to life? No esoteric or metaphorical answers but literal because i only hear literal responses to HIM being god and the second coming of christ etc. And if so, if he was the same God/Jesus of the bible whe full up of supernatural events then why did he seemingly refrain from using ANY of such to stop ethiopian famine / defend from the italians etc etc this all seeems very mortal (which we again continue gloss over him telling us this himself he was a mortal)

Or are you saying God, as seperate to man, lived IN Haile Selassie, but was not the same essence of HIM? Monophysite? / Dyophysite?

Give thanks

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/27/2016 7:45:26 AM

Do the I dem think Haile selassie have supernatural ability in keeping with the supernatural attributes of the judeochristian God

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 2/27/2016 7:52:03 AM

I do not know whether he has supernatural abilities. I know he never showed them. I also know that i have never seen Jesus perform these supernatural acts so i cannot say. I also believe that the bible is written in parables and metaphors and might not actually portray real supernatural events, only parables. I believe Haile Selassie I was a man one with Jah, the Holy Spirit in HIM, the manifestation of Jah on earth as MAN. The returned messiah is Kingly Characters, as Counselor and Emperor, not essentially the son of Jah as Jesus is portrayed with supernatural abilities. Selassie I was a MAN that had the spirit of Jah manifest through him.

On a lighter note, did not know that about Obama. LOL.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/27/2016 7:52:04 AM

In the past Ras have said he can speak and understand ALL languages, be in two or three places at onces, travel without plane, speak to animal.....

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/27/2016 7:53:17 AM

Ok Jah Seeker so you aRe dyophysitic. Give thanks for your responses, Very interesting we catch up another time on what that "essence" within but seperate to Haile Selassie you are responding to is, whether that what you speak of can really be labelled and limited as the God of the bible and whether this is the same spirit or essence whe the ancients spoke of when dealing with ka and ba. No supernatural! Haha Peace

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 78

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I