Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6329&start_row=41

Is it true that Haile Selassie I dissavowed the legend of descending from Solomon and Sheba to diplomats and royal firends?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 78
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 2/26/2016 4:43:38 PM

Jah Seeker i didnt notice sly remark at first

But first off STANDARD English isnt my language it maybe yours and YOUmay sritve to correctly deliver it, I donot! Its colonization, slavery, dehumanization, apartheid, black birding, castration, lynching, jim crow and so on to I. Forced upon I by strange creatures with strange ways and thoughts. Stripped I of I own languageS, so I can careless if my English is delivered correctly. YOU understood me and so did everyone else. I speak and write it understandably, never try to perfect it.

Second
PROOF is both countable and uncountable depending on context its used in AND "ProofS" with an S IS the plaural of proof. (American vs Britsh idk)

Standard English is a boring dead langugeb with no soul or spirit. InI is soulful spiritual people with living speech.
Gimmi mah Creole Ebonics, Gullah, Patois' and Pidgins all day over queen's and american english... Ya degg!

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 2/26/2016 5:20:46 PM

Brother Voodoorutz,

I thought when you were talking about ''proofs'' and so on you were being arrogant and making fun of my argument. I apologize and take back the remark. My bad. Jah bless.

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 2/26/2016 5:43:10 PM

John 15:26 :

"When the Counselor comes, the One I will send to you from the Father--the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father--He will testify about Me."

i cannot find the other references but am working on it. Anyway, many times it says that the Counselor will come to testify about Jesus, to teach about Jesus and God, the works of God, and it also says the Counselor will never exalt himself but only God. To me, this fits Selassie's description PERFECTLY. Blessed.

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 2/26/2016 5:45:22 PM

John 16: 7

"Nevertheless, I am telling you the truth. It is for your benefit that I go away, because if I don't go away the Counselor will not come to you. If I go, I will send Him to you."

John 16:8

"When He comes, He will convict the world about sin, righteousness, and judgment"

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 2/26/2016 5:49:54 PM

John 16:14

"He will glorify Me, because He will take from what is Mine and declare it to you."

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/26/2016 6:29:39 PM

How many people fit those loose descriptions?

Do they negate any of the points put forward?

Bless

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 2/26/2016 6:36:19 PM

"Gimmi mah Creole Ebonics, Gullah, Patois' and Pidgins all day over queen's and american english... Ya degg!"

BOOM!

GWAAN ROOTZ!

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 2/27/2016 4:00:14 AM

GA, it negates the points put forward of HIM denying he was God by saying he was mortal and man and will be replaced and so on so on. Even the Bible says the Counselor will talk about Jesus and his teachings, not of himself. It says he will be sent as the manifestation of the spirit of truth, sent from Jah. I see noone who fits this description apart from Selassie I. So, as said before, Selassie I is and was one with Jah. No separation.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/27/2016 5:12:57 AM

Nobody else in the past 2000 years has taught about Christianity, religion and NOT claimed to be God? They are the basis of your criteria for which you are saying HIM is your fit. Your telling us becuase he didnt say he was Bible God is a reason for him being Bible God. You have an unshakeable belief even in the face of reason so i cant argue that and dont wish to a man free to believe wha him want still

De Kings list real in a any which way

As to the answer of the title of the thread i guess we may never know everything that was said in private and in confidence by HIM among close friends. Many legends of ethiopia he adopted rather than making up himself so i wouldnt be too suprised either way

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 2/27/2016 5:32:44 AM

GA, i am not denying the Kings list or anything outside of the Bible. I look to the Bible for reference and guidance, but not the only source of I knowledge and research. All i'm saying is that these descriptions, ALONG with HIS lineage, HIS actions and HIS WORDS, is what leads I to believe he is Jah. Nobody else did the things he did on such an immense scale, as well as having the lineage He has. Concerning the thread title, i mentioned a few post ago, He clearly acknowledges His lineage in the introduction to His autobiography. So that is settled.

I never said that the Bible is the only reference to HIM divinity, or that it is stronger than African history and list of Kings that go WAY before the Bible, of course. I mention these descriptions only because they are clearly stated and i know the source, i.e. proof of these descriptions. I am not someone who sticks to the Bible and rejects everything else. We just need to be aware for which reasons Rastafari as we know it came to existence, the first Incients took chapters from the Bible to overstand He was the second Messiah, CHrist in His kingly character.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 78

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I