Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6329&start_row=11

Is it true that Haile Selassie I dissavowed the legend of descending from Solomon and Sheba to diplomats and royal firends?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 78
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 2/23/2016 5:37:12 PM

Yes I, sorry forgot about this thread. One can find the truth in the intro of his autobiography lol. He confirms the lineage personally! Jah Rastafari forIver.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 2/23/2016 9:56:09 PM

There is a timeline that is being overlooked. Another FACT passed of as "tales" by the western world.

Let us not forget that long H.I.M equally celebrated an ancient Kushite ancestry/lineage that predates the Hebrews and/or Solomon by thousands and thousands of years, one that is conveniently overlooked by the western world.

H.I.M also proclaimed:

“I AM HE FROM ORI (AUSAR)”

Also, let us equally not forget that SEPHEDET (Afrikan symbol of superimposed pyramids) predates the “Star of David” long before anyone knew of Solomon or what a “Hebrew” was.

The Kemet/Kushite Ancestors looked at the universe and saw man in terms of 'As above, So below' which is another symbol represented by the Star of David the so-called Hebrew symbol. This symbol of perfection can be dated back to days of the Nile Valley and even before! The symbol erroneously called Star of David or Seal of Solomon, consists of basically two triangles, resembling an upright pyramid with a superimposed inverted pyramid atop. From this we find a direct correlation with the Djhuitic principle: 'As Above, So Below; So Below, As Above'.

Esoterically, the Sephedet depicts the unity of two polarities of a different nature resulting in manifestation, like man and woman. The interlaced triangles represent perfection of the law of duality ["everything is dual; everything has poles; everything has its pair of opposites; like and unlike are the same; opposites are identical in nature, but different in degree; extremes meet; all truths are but half-truths; all paradoxes may be reconciled." Meaning there is duality in everything; two legs, two eyes, two brains (left and right), the physical and non-physical realm, and yes, there being more than one universe on both the material and spiritual plane. This lesser-known law comes from the law of Polarity, of the 7 Djhuitic Principles — erroneously called Hermetic Principles because 'Hermes' is the greek imposter for the Kemetic Neter (God), 'Djhuiti'. The upright triangle standz for the material world (or Aset) and the inverted standing for the divine world (Ausar).

Messenger: Sister Ifua Sent: 2/25/2016 1:07:53 PM

"Symbol of perfection" - EXACTLY!

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 2/25/2016 2:25:56 PM

RastaGoddess, i give thanks for this beautiful and informative comment. However, do you have a concrete reference to Selassie saying: "I am He from Auri" or is that just a ''tale''? I ask because i like concrete proof in all my research.

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 2/25/2016 3:50:52 PM

What will be your "concrete" proof? Western/white comfirmation? Many "confirmed" things are just tales

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 2/25/2016 3:55:47 PM

Just a precise date,time and and record of the statement. That is all my brother.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 2/25/2016 6:18:59 PM

What I find interesting, if not ironic, is how many Rasta will acknowledge HIM as “God”, though he denied this. Proof is not required in this case. However, when we point out the more ancient Ethiopic lineage of HIM, dating long before Solomon, this gets questioned. Fair enough…

According to a document published by Regent Ras Tafari, he names every "Ethiopian" ruler since King Ori, 4530 BCE. Certain ancient texts mention "Ori-Anu" and there is, of course, the "Orit" or "Oreet" which is "ancient law."

June 19, 1922
Published in: In The Country of The Blue Nile by C.F. Rey, F.R.G.S., Commander of the Order of the Star of Ethiopia Negro University Press, New York Translation of Covering Letter

“May this reach my honourable friend Mr. Rey. Greetings to you. As you ask me to send you the names of the Ethiopian Kings and the history of the Ethiopian Kings of Kings (Emperors), herewith I have taken a copy and send it to you. After the date of these, if you want more, I will write to you. I am very glad that you have asked me about the history of Abyssinia. I hope that your thoughts should be successful in future.”

Written on the 11th day of Sane, 1914 at the town of Addis Ababa Seal of Ras Tafari I.

TRIBE OR POSTERITY OF ORI OR ARAM
1. Ori or Aram. 60 4530 - 4470 BCE

- See more at: http://www.africaresource.com/rasta/sesostris-the-great-the-egyptian-hercules/list-of-ethiopian-kings-by-hih-tafari-makonen-emperor-haile-selassie-i/#sthash.IFEEHD3H.dpuf

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/25/2016 8:35:25 PM

Haile Selassie I provided a list of Ethiopian Kings and Emperors in that book, the quote "I am he from Ori" is not from the book.

Why would the I be surprised that people would question that quote? I don't know if He said it or not, but based on the things I have read from Haile Selassie I, it doesn't sound like something He would say.

Where did Haile Selassie I say he is not God? There is no quote where He said that. He said a few things in response to that question, but he never said he is not God.

Selassie I is a Man that is One with Jah

Here is a quote from the book Reggae Routes: The Story of Jamaican Music By Kevin O'Brien.

-----------
Former Senator and Gleaner editor, Hector Wynter, tells of asking him, during his visit to Jamaica in 1966, when he was going to tell Rastafarians he was not God. 'Who am I to disturb their belief?' replied the Emperor.
-----------

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 2/25/2016 9:25:36 PM

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/25/2016 11:19:19 PM

Like I said, He said a few things in response, but didn't say that He is not God. None of His responses contradict being God, because God is a Living Man.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 78

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I