Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6318&start_row=31

The political Rasta.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 50
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 12/7/2015 5:37:24 PM

Give thanks GA for the reasoning with which i agree. No this is not to new me, and the wicked ways of the IMF is not only happening in Africa but over the whole world, my country also in the heart of Europe. No, the I is not wrong, but i am saying that there are various perspectives and multiple things to be considered before making a conclusion. Anyway, this should not be a deterrent to the point of this thread, that Rasta must become active wherever they can and infiltrate from within. It's a Rasta takeover, i profess! Their evil ways cannot stop or blemish His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, Jah Rastafari!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/7/2015 5:41:40 PM

Well I edited my post and said the only way to combat ones like the IMF is with pan Africanism / a collective force. The only reason the IMF for example can't bully a country like France or Portugal is because they are protected by the collective of the EU. Africa needs the same (the OAU had once offered hope of this). Anyway this kind of PanAfricnaism is a form of politics......... Still.

All in all. Rasta fe come out of babylon; mentally/physically/economically/poltically/spiritually/itally

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 12/7/2015 5:54:09 PM

Yes i agree,however, since i am not ethnically African (although i call Ethiopia my true ancient motherland) i cannot claim to take an active part in the Pan African movement as it is a African-centered movement. However, is this vital for Rastafari and is it a means of fighting Babylon and taking an active part in politics? Of course!

I disagree with you when you say that the IMF can't bully Portugal or Spain. THe IMF is and independent institution which doesn't pledge allegiance to any nation, and every country is their victim until they suck it dry (Spain,Italy,Greece,the Balkans, the middle East,Africa etc.)

So those who can be a part of the Pan African movement should do so, i'm not going to pretend that i can help in that segment as a white man in the heart of Europe. I will do my part, spreading His teachings, His religious significance, the equality and liberty for all Rastafari throughout Europe and so on.

Give thanks!

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 12/7/2015 6:50:37 PM

Yes GA d I expanded on I point! Im not saying thats why the sanctions placed but that they WERE placed showing where power lies. Just say I take political route in some legislative branch and be a political friend to Zimbabwe, the power still lies with their shytstem to get I out of that position. They can use media hype to try turn voters against I or take more drastic tactics against I.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/7/2015 7:53:41 PM

Yes I, their silent killer. Here is a Reasoning I made about it.

====================
Economical Warfare

Here is a quote from a reasoning I made two years(2004) ago

---------------------------------
Babylon puts sanctions on the country to starve the men, woman and children. The sanctions prevents the people from selling their product to get money to survive. Long established trading routes are severed, so people lose their jobs, and companies go bankrupt. So the country becomes poorer and poorer. And if they need to buy some food or supplies from another country with the little money they still have, they are prevented from doing this; and since these things were purchased from others for such a long time, they are not able to produce enough themselves for their people, and for certain things, they don't even have the means to produce any.

This is a silent killer because the world doesn't regard these economical weapons as weapons of war. And the world thinks it is alright to starve children indirectly, but there is outrage if you drop a bomb on them. Because instead of blaming Babylon for the starvation of the children, they blame the government of the country that is being starved. This economical warfare is the most cruel warfare of these times, because it is tolerated and ignored by much of the world so it continues for a long time, and the parents must watch their children slowly starve and die.
---------------------------------

I just came across this today(2006):
------------------------------------------
President Woodrow Wilson of the United States stated in 1919:

A nation that is boycotted is a nation that is in sight of surrender. Apply this economic, peaceful, silent, deadly remedy and there will be no need for force.

Quoted in G.C. Hufbauer, J.J. Schott, K.A. Elliott, Economic Sanctions Reconsidered: History and Current Policy, Second Edition, Institute for International Economics, Washington, 1990, p. 9.
------------------------------------------

============================

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 12/8/2015 2:02:04 AM

Boycott Babylon!

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 12/8/2015 12:50:25 PM

Yes Ark I, give thanks. The question is: what are/can we do about it?

Jah Rastafari fire!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/28/2019 3:39:57 AM

Dont know why this original post offended me so....

Maybe the idea of assimilating with Babylon.

Or the idea we as a people don't ALREADY have sophisticated highly educated articulately loquacious meticulous RASTAFARI; who are already centralised and organised.

Still, the comments in this thread were a joy to revisit

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/29/2019 11:54:31 AM

This thread brings many thoughts: How the West murdered Muammar al-Gaddafi because he was a man who could give real traction to greater Pan-African unity (i.e., posed a genuine threat to the West’s boot on the neck of Africa); the way in which Washington, desperate & reeling from in America the Babylon’s crumbling influence, has gone absolutely 'sanctions happy' using economic warfare in all direction without restraint against any nation or entity that dares to disobey it; the futility of trying to get inside a system founded & rooted in evil to try to convert it to Righteous.

I&i an old Rasta whose career is spent, but i'll add my two cents anyway. i spent my career working as an environmental scientist inside of the ["suit and tie"] Babylon System in the global heart & nerve center of Babylon (i.e., the USA). This entailed constant interaction with not just the science and engineering community, of which i was a part, but with very "influential" (and VERY white) governmental (i.e., political and regulatory), mega-corporate and legal power-brokers. After decades of personally witnessing first-hand (inside of boardrooms, legislative hearing chambers, and courtrooms) so much corruption, nefariousness and outright foolishness, even in the face of wisdom and sound scientific findings, I&i understood quite clearly that we are never going to accomplish the goals of RastafarI by trying to work from within to reform a system that is built upon a rotten foundation of deception, greed, amorality and worship of the mammon. We cannot expect to destroy the Babylon System and replace it with a Righteous polity by adapting like chameleons and mimicking its ways. Its power to corrupt is simply too enticing as it induces/seduces us to, little by little, "compromise" our values & principles for the sake of our cause's advancement or progress until we realize that we have changed nothing while becoming what we despised.

From within the System, a person CAN do Righteousness that can have direct positive impacts on the lives of the people around them and create all kinds of good, but it will not alter one iota the fundamentally rotten nature of the Babylon System’s foundation.

Our movement has to be built upon the Truth and a solid foundation of JAH Love, and until there is a political party of JAH Love whose openly stated mission is to tear down every shred of Babylon's iniquitous and amoral structure and replace it with one built upon the Righteousness of His Majesty, we will be de facto "outsiders" who place our faith, and rightfully so, in His Majesty's Power - a Power which Babylon surely underestimates and against which it has but primitive or no countermeasures.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 1/29/2019 2:05:07 PM

I read the original post and I thought it was a well reasoned argument. The reaction was too quick and he knew it was coming and tried to tackle it as best he could. And he may have gotten scared off. That's the danger of not entertaining views outside the established norm.

Because... at some point... and I mean no disrespect to anyone...

the norm becomes babylon.

RastafarI is a movement of peace but one of black liberation. Deciding how and when to fight is important, but I'll take up the OP's position. Keeping in tact the traditions and values that makes Rastas unique and great (and I view you all as great men and women) is paramount. But what the OP was talking about was adaptation.

The system never has to adapt to you or your position if you decide not to engage the system or be heard by the system. Democracy works by mob rule, not a silent minority. The reason the system is able to change is by people amplifying their voices. The rich amplify their voices using money to gain media control and propaganda spin. But the people aint lookin for that. They're looking for something real and grass roots. They're looking for culture and one that promotes freedom and equality. The voice of the rastaman is heard through reggae music but without a certain kind of documentation to support it those ideas and ideals can only penetrate so far.

Whenever someone starts a movement (occupy wall street for example), people need specifics... an agenda... organization. When you don't have these things its almost impossible to convert the will of the people into public policy.

You want to chant down Babylon in the comfort and privacy of your own home, tenement, farm, etc? Cool. But without confronting Babylon on its own turf its like talking about the school's biggest bully behind his back and making sure he can never find you.

This isn't to say that there aren't pockets of resistance. But if a Rasta has to be told of them then they aren't widely known... not even internally much less externally.

Policies can be changed. The question is... do you need Babylon to stay the same, to be our eternal foe, in order to define us and make us feel like the 'good guys'? Do we not want Babylon to change because we don't know who we are without that opposing force?

Politics can certainly be tricky. But because black people and others have constantly been trying to get in the system (infiltrate if you will) and advancing the civil rights movement to the point where America could have not just its first black president but a black woman seriously running for president in 2020, we have shown that everyone can play this game but that you don't have to play it their way or for their teams. Even the Russians influenced Babylon's elections and mostly by influence, not direct hacking. But if you make Babylon the big bad wolf just like the NOI makes the white man the devil, you're actually giving it the power to keep screwing you over when it really isn't as big, as bad, or as powerful, as we tend to make it sound. Look at the buffoon currently employed in the White House; elected by uneducated idiots. This aint the master race driving the ship. This isn't even the bench. This is the water boy.

And at the very least we should be making connections between ourselves using every technological advantage of this century to construct and build our own independent black economy. Opportunities exist. They just aren't being seized because we're still waiting for someone (else) to save us. But what does it mean to follow Jesus if you're not Christ-like? What does it mean to follow His Imperial Majesty, who fought those powers and kept them at bay. They came on land so he fought them on land. However they come is therefore however we should stand up to them. Politics might be a lot of tricks but if they can't trick you then what's the problem?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 50

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I