Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6318&start_row=11

The political Rasta.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 50
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/5/2015 7:37:07 AM

I disagree

The problems with societies are more systemic than individual. Which is why so many leaders go and come come and go and nothing changes. Global white suprmacy for example is a systemic thing. This is a reason why InI don't enter into western politics for InI a no politician in a system whe designed for I to always lose. Revolution is not about changing the system. Again, revolution is not about changing the system. It's about getting out / toppling and destroying, and entering something completely new.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 12/5/2015 9:45:26 AM

I overs di I's reasonings. True, white supremacy is a systematic institution. However, InI know that the COLLECTIVE is a made up of a group of INDIVIDUALS. From a holistic perspective, there is a symbiotic relationship between the two.

InI also know that ONE individual can disrupt the collective. ONE pebble can create many ripples.

Though I personally wouldn't define HIM as a politician, according to Western definitions, as King of Kings, he inevitably entered the world of international affairs and politics.

I agree...revolution isn't so much about improving an already corrupt system, but about burning down the forest in order to bring forth new life.

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 12/5/2015 3:01:32 PM

I understand what you are saying GA, but it is like rejecting a scholarship from Harvard and their diploma only because it is a western instituion. Yes the system is racist and corrupt, this is why we must infiltrate brother!

Use the institutions to our advantage, take the good things and reject and change the bad.

Rastafari!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/5/2015 5:53:29 PM

To be a politician in the West, you have two choices, either conform and be like them or be a fringe political group, and spend time, money and energy to accomplish nothing politically significant.

Their system is well designed to continue without political interference.

Working together, buying from each other and strengthening I and I financially will be more fruitful and will eventually put I and I in a position to accomplish more.

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 12/5/2015 5:57:55 PM

Agree somewhat, and I never said we exclusively have to be politicians. Organization is key, and the sooner we create or strengthen existing organization, we can make sure our voices are heard, Rastafari people attain full civil and religious equality and liberty, and grow economically!

More fire, Rastafari!

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 12/5/2015 6:11:44 PM

So InI should be working to a more accepted part of the shytstem?

To follow is to remain behind and can get no futher than second which is not supreme!
The Illusion of Inclusion!

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 12/5/2015 6:20:35 PM

What does the I propose? Excluding ourselves from all the international institutions no matter what? How does the I then propose to uplift the few million Rastafari people and growing around the world? How do we achieve political/civil and religious equality,liberty and acceptance? How do we strengthen the movement when we refuse to use the institutions which guarantee equality and freedom? I understand the justifiable hesitation about the institutions and politics which have been racist,prejudice and corrupt. But to say burn politics and institutions completely means to exclude Rastafari from the modern and developing world, which in my eyes is extremely irresponsible and dangerous, and is such a thing was to happen, the initiators of such thoughts should be punished! Adapting,compromising and insistance of principles YES! Exclusion from the rest of the world? NO!

Blessed love.

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 12/5/2015 6:54:45 PM

What does the I mean by "uplift"?

Black people in general hv trying this for decades and generations to amount to what?

What systems and institutionsinstitutions "GUARANTEE" freedom and equality? How do u define equality?

Why is it irresponsible and dangerous?

Some may want to exclude some dont if d I doesnt want to exclude dI doesnt hv to but from inception Rastafari Is self sufficient.

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 12/6/2015 1:57:01 AM

Seems d I may mean well but d I sound like a infiltrator wha not fraid and come direct. First d I tell InI say d I dont wan hear all InI Black dis Black dat chat now d I wan come tell InI say InI need fa play they political game, a game wha aint benefit InI from InI play da game.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 12/6/2015 4:22:35 AM

Rasta will never be economikally n politikally free if him nuh affiliate in the modern politrikal system ca the system will alaways impose laws n conditions to deter I n I.

Just as babylon have their wolves in sheep clothing penetrating I n I...we need Rasta inna politikal.clorhing to defend the poor.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 50

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I