Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6318&start_row=1

The political Rasta.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 50
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ras93 Sent: 12/3/2015 5:12:33 PM

Greetings Jah people,

I would like to reason about a thought i have and see what the rest of you have to say.

In this day and age we find ourselves in today, i believe it is time for the Rastaman in particular, and the Rastafari community in general, to adapt to the way the world works, whether we like it or not (before you all burn fire let me explain).

While i consider it essential that we hold on to all the customs, traditions and beliefs that we all hold dear, i think we must become a sophisticated, international organization with intercontinental reach and become a recognized spiritual/political movement with detailed goals in each field respectively. In order to do so we need leaders who are highly educated and sophisticated in order to penetrate the Babylon system corrupted and controlled by the "suit and tie" (it is just the way it is).

While i personally support and am a big fan of the self-sustaining "bush Rasta" and living off the land, this can be a major part of our politics and policies, but the (in most cases) poorly educated or uneducated Rasta cannot be our representative among high-class intellectuals, people of strong influence and political/religious leaders. We need an articulate spokesman who will clearly express the aims and goals of the Rastafari community, the teachings of His Imperial Majesty, the struggle for acceptance and complete civil and religious equality and liberty. Before many of you shout out instinctively "Rastaman nah deal with politricks", i beg of you to take a second and think about it. If we want our voice to be heard, we need to be engaged actively in politics, to lobby, to persuade, to use the institutions and diplomacy to our advantage.

Step 2 would be to define our policies in detail about integration,equality, liberty, religious freedom, end of prosecution, repatriation, schools and meeting places, agriculture and self-sustenance, ecology,renewable energy, economic platform and creating a market for the Rastafarian people to be employed etc.

What do you think?

Give thanks in the name of the Most High Jah Rastafari, Haile Selassie I!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/3/2015 7:29:56 PM

Some a dem ting deh highly offensive iah.
Do what de I feel is best but not everybody will agree to frolic so in Babylon
More love

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 12/3/2015 8:14:20 PM

Many of the things listed (such as repatriation, education, agriculture, economics, natural forms of energy, etc) are being addressed already. First, from H.I.M, and other Rasta groups. I think I over where you're coming from, except that InI do not use Babylon's examples/institutions as a foundation for our own, as our predates the western world for thousands of years. In other words, we will not rebuild Afrika based on western values, politics, economics, etc.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 12/3/2015 9:07:54 PM

JUST A FEW ORGANIZATIONS

Issembly For Rastafari Iniversal Education

The Caribbean Rastafari Organisation

Organization of African Unity (OAU)

Messenger: ras93 Sent: 12/4/2015 2:41:15 AM

I give thanks for the links RastaGodess, and GA i apologize if i offended you, that was not my intention. While i do understand the caution to mingle with Babylon, we must also understand that we must utilize it one way or another to our advantage, that is simply the way it is. We can talk about different methods and approaches, but the bottom line is we need organize and centralize, we need to adapt. I'm talking about building up Rastafari logistically to be able to "compete" with Islam,Christianity and Judaism.

More fire!

Messenger: ras93 Sent: 12/4/2015 2:49:34 AM

"In early September Ras Bongo Wisely informed I&I of the formal diplomatic relations established between Ethiopia and St. Lucia, which will have a positive effect on the Rastafari Family. On September 7, The Jamaican Observer (www.jamaicanobserver.com/news/html/20040906T) reported that, at a UNESCO-sponsored conference on Slavery, the Haitian Revolution and Reparations, a consortium called the Rastafarian Nation in Jamaica (RNIJ) representing the David House, the Nyahbinghi, the 12 Tribes, the BOBO/EABIC, and the EWF, along with the Jamaica Reparations Movement, the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, and the UNIA, announced an invoice that would supply the resources needed to allow up to 500,000 members of the Rastafari Family to settle in the motherland. The invoice included a 10-year stipend for 500,000 persons, totaling $5 billion; five jet airplanes at $1.5 billion; two cruise ships at $1 billion; five merchant ships at $2.6 billion; five hospitality centers in Africa at $5 billion; tractors, farm equipment, communication satellites, solar power equipment, computers, and cultural products totaling $10 billion; five multi-purpose hospitals at $5 billion; and sustainable project funding totaling $40 billion."

This is what i call lobbying and organization, Jah Rastafari!
Again thank you RastaGodess for the link.

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 12/4/2015 4:29:09 PM

Also, to completely stray from politics would be ironic, as HIM was an Emperor and politician, showing how a nation can be governed and rules in the interest of all.

One love.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 12/4/2015 4:54:06 PM

In my opinion, there's a difference between being king of kings, an ambassador for peace versus the fundamental corruption, hypocrisy, racism, and destructive nature/design of babylon politricks.

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 12/4/2015 5:02:21 PM

RastaGodess, i do over what you are saying, but i think we can both agree that it is more about the individual than the system itself. It is about morality,character and integrity. I believe that if you put Selassie I in the heart of Rome instead of Ethiopia to rule, he would have ruled the same, because he followed his principles and faith. Yes?

Rastafari!

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 12/4/2015 6:57:35 PM

Agreed

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 50

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I