Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6309&start_row=11

KUNDALINI AWAKENING. ANYONE EXPERIENCE THIS?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 30
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 12/11/2015 8:59:57 AM

Kundalini syndrome is the result of the misalignment of the Life Force Quantum Vital-Energybody flow, and its consequences are manifested in the physical, emotional and mental bodies.

Kundalini Syndrome

Treating Kundalini Syndrome Problems:

1. Be with Nature:

The essential goal with regard to grounding kundalini and alleviating kundalini syndrome symptoms has to do with bringing down the energy and lowering the frequency of it’s vibration.  So some of what is going to be suggested is going to mirror what you would do when trying to heal and balance the Root Chakra, and in that regard, reconnecting with nature and earth is very helpful.

So spend time in nature, especially near trees and the earth, and you will find this very useful in bringing down the energy.  Try to be as close to nature as possible, so sitting up against trees or walking barefoot on the grass is what you should be trying to do.  

Along the same lines, gardening or other landscaping activity which gets your hands dirty are also highly recommended.  Go ahead and do some potting and weeding.  Not only will you get your garden in shape, you will also start to manage kundalini.

2. Do Physical Work:

As indicated above, the objective is to get yourself back into the body and reconnected to the earth and one of the good ways of doing that is with physical labor.  So if you are suffering from too much kundalini, then counter it with such laborious tasks.  Anything that requires physical work will help.  Carpentry, construction, painting, etc are all good to do.  Any interest of yours that also requires physical work is good to do.

3. Do Physical Exercise:

If your condition allows you to exercise, I would certainly recommend doing so.  This has the benefits of making you more body oriented as the method above, but in addition it will also help you fight any anxiety the kundalini syndrome might be causing.  If you are able to exercise, you will feel more confident about your health and so will not be so stressed and fearful about what is happening in the body.

4. Eat Full Meals:

Proper and regular diet is always recommended for good health, and in the case of dealing with excessive kundalini energy, eating bigger heavier meals will help you feel more grounded and settled.  Again, as you can see, the goal is to feel more in your body and more connected to earth and your life, and food is certainly a strong source of this connection.  

5. Avoid Stimulants:

If kundalini energy is out of control then you do not want to stimulate her further.  So it is important to abstain as much as possible from stimulating foods and drugs.  So during this time, alcohol, drugs, coffee, tea, etc should be avoided.

6. Take a Break from Your Spiritual Practice:

As tip number 5 above, you want to stop stimulating the energy and so it is important to take break from your spiritual practice until you feel you can better handle the energy and the situation.  This step here is a very personal decision, but generally speaking, if you are suffering from kundalini syndrome, then your practice might very well be out of balance, and so it needs to be re-evaluated anyway.

Often, the aspirant is doing too much mantra/chakra meditation or perhaps is listing to Binaural Beats, etc and not balancing their practice with physical yoga and simple spiritual activities, so in these cases it is certainly recommended to stop what they are doing and establish a more sound and balanced practice.

7. Rest and Relaxation:

Sometimes kundalini is working within you and you just need to relax and give her a chance to do what needs to be done.  In these cases you need to trust her intelligence and give your body a chance to go through the cleansing and purification taking place.  In general, being relaxed is very important when dealing with kundalini, as getting anxious and worried about kundalini awakening symptoms only makes the situation worse.  This is often why in the past, kundalini yoga was practiced in an ashram or monastery, where you have the time and space for proper kundalini awakening to take place.

Another good way to relax, which also helps to calm kundalini is to take warm baths.

Treatment

Messenger: African_Warrior_King Sent: 12/11/2015 3:27:21 PM

blessed love conciousrasta
Blessed Love Me Idren
Since my realisation i have been totally under
mind body and psych tormemt by the system as the I say
using all aspects of creation to lead me into
loosing the consciousness i had discovered.
Cats, frogs, and all types of animals have
been all around i giving i different perceptions
and changing i concious from depression to
out of conciousness, dullness. Each time the i
pray the i would get conciois back but the
cats i believe have been sent to make the i
loose my conciousness come back and take
me into their mind and i would have different
perceptions, i would smell cats, see like a cat,
lizard. People pass behind me and steal me
and leave me trapped im their worlds and i
loose myself.
People sitting beside i read and steal my
sense, energy , vitality for their good leaving
me in their state.
Even when the i nyams feels like the other
persom a nyam. Anyone know this?
Blessed love

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 12/14/2015 11:07:31 AM

Almighty Oneness
+ Itinual Love

I am interested that the view of this serpentine energy alignment is so negatively percieved by the I&I. I have been working for years to awaken and use the spirals of energy and the focus points, and have grown more in tune and more positive, stronger against outside influences, yes also experience many of the things I&I said such as more intense colors and sounds, and astral projection, foresight, also physically stronger in an incomparible sense. I see all of this as a positive.

I see the imagery of the kundalini is that of Aset + Nebethet performing the wrapping of Aser (again a spiral); in recognizing the Iself in the identity of Aser, as spiritual aspirants do, the I become "wrapped up" or aligned within that spiral flow of energy.

I also think of the energy centers from the Crown first, on to the Root, instead of the bottom up. To try to heal a base or lower self energy without first opening the energy flow Irectly from the Most I and moving through the empowerment of the 1st eye, the Immunication of Truth, and Purity in the Heart, I would not think the lower chakras can align themselves. It is in drawing the power from Most I that the lower self is conquered.

To be negatively affected by being around an animal, such as a cat, frog, or chicken, I am not sure this is related to a strongly intune kundalini. I would think it is the opposite. I have been through very trying times in my life, when I suffered extreme anxiety and warped perceptions. In my experience, cessation of caffeine had a lot to do with healing those overactive paranoid imaginations. Also realizing Iself through the Inity with the Most I, this yogic practice Itinues to heal and purify I mind and I temple.

Bless+sings of Strength and Peace to the I's
More Love + Life
Give thankhs to the Most High

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 12/14/2015 2:13:25 PM

Giv thanks to sista Jah child fo de explaination. So what are de most common signs & symptoms of dis condition? What kind of people get it?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/15/2015 11:56:45 AM

I'm yet to see any master teacher or scholar of note show Kundalini and Chakra teachings whe originate in ancient Africa . People will say Ausar is kundalini or RA is kundalini but the word kundalini or chakra are nowhere in the mdu ntr so where are ones getting this from? Because you see ancient yoga and ancient concepts of the unseen doesn't mean automatically they agree wth you on DNA activation and such...... They may have, but this doesn't come from any text or findings within kemet. I sight it as more of a stretch whe happen in the imaginations of certain I dem.

It's not semantics.

Happy to be proven wrong

Bless

Note - the same debate came up briefly on sanetertv

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/15/2015 12:11:01 PM

Most over standing of chakras come directly from ancient Indian text. With loose references to ancient Africa. For the panafricanists on this forum, how can you be so sure that the concepts revealed by the Vedas are right and exact copies of that being practiced in kemet? Wouldn't that be like 'trusting' the bible to accurately demonstrate older kemetic principles? Why are we still choosing to use tertiary cultures to define and determine our own story?

Thanks

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 12/15/2015 1:34:48 PM

I sight a lot of stretching or and double talking when dealing with African connections with other regions and cultures. With the bible some will sight it as stolen/plagarized European/Greek work and double back and sight the characters deh in deh as African?

Yes I tho I sight what the I sayn about Vedas and bible.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 12/15/2015 5:56:02 PM

The intent is to share/build as opposed to proving anyone wrong.

We can no more find the actual word "Christ" in the Medu Neter as we can find the actual word "Chakra", however with proper overstanding we know that KRST is found in our ancient texts, this being the root (and philosophical tradition) of the "Christ", no true? The same goes for Yoga.

Dr. Muata Ashby (and other Afrikan Centered Teachers) has published a series of books on the Kushite/Kemet origins of Yoga.

According to the book The Metu Neter by Ra UN Nefer Amen, these ancient Africans migrated to India and became what are now known as the Dravidian Indians. They passed on teachings and spiritual practices that later evolved into Hindu beliefs and yoga practices.

In fact, the terms 'yoga' and 'chakra' have no etymological roots in proto-indo-european languages. Also, Afrikan yoga does not use the Sanskrit; rather, it makes use of Medu Neter.

It is said that the etymological roots if the word "yoga" comes from the kemetic ANKH and the word Chakra from KARA KASA or KARKARA, meaning the serpent power rising up through the karkara (chakras) along the thesu/spine.

The Kamites were educated in a system of higher knowledge called the “Mystery System”. They had to acquire a high level of competency in Yoga before they were  considered mentally and spiritually prepared to master the rigors of mathematics, engineering, medicine, astronomy, astrology, architecture, literature, religion, metaphysics, ethics and philosophy.

There is a Kemetic practice similar to yoga called Smai, and this is a predecessor of Afrikan yoga. This is an ancient tradition that has been practiced even centuries older than the type of yoga done in India. The similarity between the two is that it also involves postures and meditation along with mantras. 

Afrikan yoga is ‘smai tawi’ – the union of two lands. This refers to the union of the body and the spirit, the balance between the masculine and feminine side of the body’s energy – which we can relate to the yin-yang symbol of the Chinese.

Knowledge of the chakras goes back to the beginning of time. In Tanzania, Central Africa, there is a sacred mountain called Mount Meru.

The mountain represents the journey of life from the bottom of the mountain to the top (Root chakra to the Crown chakra). This is the original place where knowledge of the energy system and chakras began.

Mount Meru appears in ancient Egyptian and Indian mythology showing us both traditions had knowledge of the chakras. This is due to the Ethiopian origin of both Egypt and India.

Kemetian names for the chakras

Sefekht-Root Chakra
Tekh-Navel Chakra
AB-Solar Plexus Chakra
Kheper-Heart Chakra
Sekhem-Throat Chakra
Mer-Third eye chakra
Ikh- Crown Chakra

Yoruba Names for the chakras

Shango-Root Chakra
Yemoja- Reproductive Region
Oshun-Navel Region
Ogun-Heart Chakra
Obatala-Throat Chakra
Orunmilla-Third Eye Chakra
Orl-Crown Chakra

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/15/2015 7:24:56 PM

I agree sistren but the point is are we learning from tertiary sources like the Bible or the Vedas or are we dealing with the Origin? Elder Ashby basis of his teachings of chakras being in the mdu ntr have been challenged:

http://mdw-ntr.com/blog/articles/143-7-chakras-in-judgement-scene

To see KRST in the mdu ntr is not to then accept Biblical Christ automatically like that. It's too far a jump. Not saying the knowledge isn't welcome but we must filter between African sources and that which has been passed on / taken / inspired from African sources

Ra Un Nefer is more of a spiritual leader. His multiple volumes of mdu ntr contain very little to no mdu ntr. He is not a linguist or one best suited to translate the language as he will openly admit.

A discussion on which elders scholars and authors are best suited for what may be a good idea as there are a whole mix up of people involved in so call Egyptology

Blessed I

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 12/16/2015 6:39:25 AM

Yes mi bredren, give thanks. I overs where di I is coming from. We must properly and wisely discern information, especially with 3rd party sources. When it comes to Mdu Ntr, wouldn't it all be subject to misinterpretation considering that the language is antiquated and is no longer spoken? In regards to Muata Ashby's work being challenged, though the link posted was interesting and worthy of consideration, the use if that one example of ink fading versus chakras isn't enough evidence to nullify some obvious facts:

- All spiritual schools of thought are rooted out of our Mystery Systems. The branches if a tree may not be the ROOT but they are still part of that tree, sustained and nourished by the root. We can't disassociate the two from one another.

- The principles of energy vortex in the universe as in man was originated, developed and mastered by Kush/Kemet, and can be seen in the Tree of Life, the Serpent/DNA rising up the spine to the pineal gland, or crown (chakra), and many other symbols and teachings, including the Yoruba system and more.

- There are many hieroglyphs or pictographs of Yoga poses and positions recorded in Kemet that outweigh the fading ink not being chakras argument.

- We know that India is the daughter of Kush. Sometimes we go through the child (or branch) to get to the mother (root). The original people and spiritual systems of India are directly rooted from Kush, a fact that cannot be denied.

- Some things transcend time and distance. For example, though many Afrikans were taken away from the Motherland over 500 years ago, and subjected to severe amnesia due to the suppression of InI history, we can clearly see Mama Afrika in subtle and obvious ways, from the way we move, sing, dance, love, heal, live. The Soul of our people STILL echo and reflect our Mother, our deep rooted "African-ness", if you will. Though damaged, it cannot be killed. Africans abroad carry Africa within after hundreds of years! Why would it be any different from her children in India?

- Due to the western world being blinded by its own false sense of superiority, it suppressed and attacked the evidence left us by our Afrikan ancestors, directly hitting Kemet...BUT...in being blinded by ego, they forgot about her "branches" or scattered children who still carry her traditions. In our "Sankofic" journey forward to Mama Afrika, we sadly aren't left any choice but to sometimes travel through her descendants to find clues or keys to unlock those hidden "mysteries". With proper discernment, we begin the tedious and challenging task of separating the wheat from the shaft.

- I personally do not use the bible or the vedas as my sources of African truths, though they are definitely there, if looked at from behind the spectacles (perspective) of Ethiopia. Instead, we sometimes use those sources as guiding posts or keys along the way forward to the source.

Give thanks for the thought provoking reasonings. How good and pleasant to share and build as we collectively attempt to RE-member Mama Afrika's scattered body.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 30

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I