Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6306&start_row=1

Let's stop the divisive conversations, Rasta!

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 24
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ras93 Sent: 11/30/2015 3:55:49 PM

I despise the fact that we spend (waste) so much time here debating about whether a white can be Rastafari or must one wear locks,smoke herb and such trivial topics. On some topics we can't reach a consensus and that is fine. Let us talk about what we can agree on and what we can do, more precisely, how can we organize and centralize!?

Let us talk about the international Rastafari community, how can we establish a unified institution that will voice the needs and struggles of the Rastafari community, how can we fight for recognition,acceptance and equality worldwide.Let us talk about the promotion of Rastafari livity, purpose and teaching of His Majesty. Let us create a platform through which we can create jobs conducive to Rastafari and employing Rastas throughout. Let us fight for the end of spiritual prosecution of Rastafari because of I and I herb. We must demand equality and religious/spiritual liberty, the likes of which are granted to other religions which enable them to practice their religion freely. Let us have a debate about whethe Rasta should go political or not.

This and much more can be discussed, it is time for us to organize and centralize, like His Majesty said.

I hope this thread gives the seed to a blossoming debate which will result in some concrete decisions and actions. Let us talk about the things we can agree on, end arbitrary topics.

Give thanks in the name of the Most High, Jah Rastafari, Haile Selassie I!

Messenger: African_Warrior_King Sent: 11/30/2015 5:07:20 PM

Greetings Ras98
I n i agree on your message, as a Rasta i believe we shouldnt realy complicate our livity searching and searching and practising different forms of spirituality to attain oneness. i believe our Lord IYesus Kristos attained it all! His Imperial Majesty Emperor Haile Sellasie i talked about how we should admire and follow the life of our Lord and Saviour IYesus Kristos.
I believe as Rastas all has been simplified by our saviour! love is all we need!
Lets stop debating about the things we dont agree amd act upon that that we agree. lets put Faith into action and the Truth will unveil on its own according to Jah Will. Kingdom of Jah and His Righteousness we seek first, everuthing else will come!
Let us all Organise and Centralise!
Jah will add all the other things.
Blessings.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 11/30/2015 8:20:13 PM

If d I agree on stop with things we dont agree on then would d I come with something we dnt agree on?

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 12/1/2015 1:37:42 AM

Ras 98 & African Warrior King. Dis is not a debating forum but its a reasoning forum. So de problem is with yo mentality. Both of yu better eliminate yo debating mentality. Serching fo de truth is part of de livity so yu can't stop RASTA from serching. Both of yu haffe know dat some of us are not blind followers. We cannot agree on everything and it is not a problem dat ones & ones don't agree, fo dat is part of a reasoning. So I can't realy overs what yo problem is. Yu better lern reasoning.

Messenger: ras93 Sent: 12/1/2015 2:14:55 AM

Black Heart, i don't understand you perspective when i clearly said that we do not agree on some things and that is fine. Let us talk/debate/reason about the things we can. Nowhere did i mention that the I should not search for truth or be a blind follower. The I must have misunderstood my point.
Give thanks.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 12/1/2015 4:07:39 AM

Yu didn't say we must not serch but de other brother did say dat. I said de Idem haffe eliminate de debating mentality. Debating is different from a reasoning. Debating is more about competition yet reasoning is about sharpening & enlightening one another. If de I can be honest with de Iself de I will note & know dat most reasonings arises as a result of de differences in school of thoughts. Yu yoself can testify dat most of de longest threads here are those where ones & ones don't agree.

Messenger: ras93 Sent: 12/1/2015 4:18:34 AM

Now i understand bredren. I am not avoiding reasoning and only said debating because of my choice of words. Yes Rasta, let's reason. But let us reason about the topics which really matter and which we can agree upon at the end of reasoning.
Give thanks.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 12/1/2015 4:27:49 AM

Now yo other problem is dat yu look down pon other people 's topics. Why I say dat? De fact dat yu see dem as trivial shows clear dat yu despise dem. What both of de Idem haffe know is dat some of de topics may look trivial to de Idem but they carry a lot of vital iledge. De truth is those issues dat de I say need to be discusssed are important but dat does not reduce de importance of de other topics despised by de Idem. Just post de topics dat ye think needs to be discussed & leave trivial ones

Messenger: ras93 Sent: 12/1/2015 5:39:23 AM

Bredren, i am merely saying that let' not waste time on topics that we don't agree upon. That does not imply they are any less important. We can spend days at end talking about whether i can be a Rasta because i am white, or we can talk about the establishment of a global council, how to attain equality, respect and dignity within the international community and among other faiths, how can we "recrute" new followers, what is the best path for us to take to spread the teachings of HIM, should we go political,how to be represented in the UN and so on. Or should we waste time on skin color,locks and herbs. Seen?

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 12/1/2015 6:18:39 AM

Its not a waste of time but its Iron sharpening iron. Brother, de I haffe know dat colour, herb & locks are part of de trod and it is important dat are reasoned deeper. De fact dat yu see some reasonings as a waste of time shows dat yu have bn misinformed about some of de concepts of de trod. Does de I realy know about de cause of de RASTA trod? If so then yu haffe know de role yu supposed to play as a white RASTA if yu white. Any topic yu want to reason, just post & leave those yu no like.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 24

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I