Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=630&start_row=1

The Name "Christ"

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 2/15/2005 11:15:15 AM

Blessed be, Idren

---I've heard this, would like input from the I them.

---The name "Christ" is a false name, having nothing to do with the man it refers to, other than an insult. As far as I know, the closest thing to His name would be Yeshweh Messiah. I'm told the word "christ" comes from roots that would mean: crust, dirt, grime, and the outer layer of the skin. An apparent reference to ...lepercy... (is that misspelled?) I know that one of the first signs of ...lepercy... is the skin losing it's pigment (black skin turns white). Could this be another reference to a white "christ"? You know, that guy in all the Roman art (I think a picture of one of the popes, originally)

Thoughts on this, Idren?

Blessed Be in the Name of The Most High -Haile Selassie I -JAH

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 2/15/2005 11:16:15 AM

Ha Masheach

Selah

Messenger: byngiyute Sent: 2/15/2005 11:26:29 AM

YES I

As I stated before-- in the old testament Jesus denied the name "Christ"

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 2/15/2005 12:21:49 PM

As far as I know, Christ means anointed or the anointed and also messiah. There's not any negitive conotation associated with it. It refers to the the perfect-man idea that exist eternally and is the true spiritual higer self of ever person. Meaning the highest level that man can reach.
Side note, the man known as Jesus was copper skinned, and a Jew. And as the original Hebrews were... a composite of Black, Asian, and White... the "argument" for Yeshweh color/race is really just stupidity. Mostly because it doesn't really matter, he was medium toned and wooly haired, just like most of the world.

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 2/15/2005 12:56:37 PM

Masheach(Hebrew) - Christ(Greek) - Messiah(european).... all the same meaning different languages.

Selah

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 2/15/2005 3:15:01 PM

Yes I.

I know I've heard this before.. no-one else has heard anything similar? I think I read it a few years ago, can't remember the book's name, but I remember it was written by a Ras.

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 2/15/2005 3:46:50 PM

In the semitic the word christ means "annoited with oil." There are many christs. The greek translation makes the myth character Jesus Christ, not Yashewa. Christ is not his last name. As a matter of fact Yashewa was never christ. That word never came around until after he died. Also his the title son of man, means son of adam in semtic language. There were many sons of adam, but the christian doctrine has used these names as if Yashewa was the only one.

Ras Zion I

Messenger: BIGA FIRE Sent: 2/19/2005 11:11:43 PM

GREETINGS IDREN, in the name of JAH RASTAFARI ,the name christ,like christopher come trick us,and they did trick us from a faggit; you have also heard that man michealangelo was a drunk and gay, but a very good artist and the cartholic church approached him to paint a picture of the christ for the church.now michealangelo was very fond of certain young man to paint who he had desires upon so to impress this young man he painted his image ,which is used untill this very day! INI KNOW THAT JAH RASTAFARI IS MOST HIGH WHO LIVES AND REIGN IN ZION AND EARTH. jah bless RASTAFARI LIVE

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I