Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6293&start_row=21

Mixed lightskinned Blacks/Afticans

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 46
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/22/2015 7:31:14 PM

Not true iah. All melanated races get the same, it's the White whe seem to be more recessive. Quarter mix Chinese people still get labelled as Chinese, same with Indian etc. But then again we have to remember phenotype only makes up a small fraction of Ur genetics

What I can say about Obama is he has African roots and created an African family as Ras Queen Goddess pointed out.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 11/22/2015 7:39:26 PM

What you mean I by Not true. All melenated races get the same?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/22/2015 7:50:42 PM

Iman jus ketching on to the reasoning

Why is that it seems I are the only people to accept such a thing?
Most other people feel their blood has been spoiled when outside blood/race inters the line

Was only responding to this one ras. This reasoning is important but so many factors come into it we can't escape that it get blurred after a while like you say down to 4th and 5th generation African. All I can say is when it come to procreation Marcus taught to keep it in the family like Obama, and not really like Bob.
1 African love

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 11/22/2015 8:10:18 PM

Alright I

Give thanks

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 11/22/2015 11:06:12 PM

http://awora.blogspot.com/2011/05/niemand-wil-zwart-zijn-maar-eigen.html

Enjoy this links reading .

Bless Up all Humanity All People

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 11/23/2015 7:27:45 AM

Brother VoodooRuuts. De concept of Black Ipremacy widin de RASTA movement was men't to address yo concern. Infact de I has raised a serious issues. Sista, yu have become too personal & emotional to reason dis topic. Now I even know yu are in dis category. Cool down sista? Its not ment to dis yu but it ment to reveal some facts. As far as de concepts of Black Ipremacy is concerned race mixing is prohibited. This is fo preserving de Black race. Its not to belittle de mixed & the non Blacks. Bless

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/23/2015 9:30:45 AM

I am a defender of Pan Afrikanism, to the bone. And constantly so. I am also a level headed sistah, so I'm curious as to where exactly di I feel I lost my cool on this reasoning, or become blinded by emotions? Where did I suggest that I feel "dissed" by this reasoning? In fact, one of my first responses to VoodooRuutz was that I had planned to bring this very subject up, as ini find the subject of colorism and Willie lynchism one that continues to plague the Afrikan Family.

If ya check my reasonings and vibez in this forum, di I would have to know that the only category I claim and relentlessly defend is that of Rasta/Pan Afrikanist.

Was I too "emotional" in my "Tough Questions to White Rastas" thread? Or when I share Kushite our-story? Or defend InI traditions? Why then find me unfit to discuss this subject?

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 11/23/2015 12:00:43 PM

Cool sista. I know de I is a pan Africa defender just like I. I might have used de wrong words but de I know what I man mean realy. Yu din't realy loose yo cool & yu never said yu feel dissed. But sista dis topic is realy shaking yu a little. It seems like yu are afraid it will take de wrong direction & so yu are trying to drive it away from de wrong direction. Both de light & de dark shades are part of mama land so all de shades haffe preserved. As fo leadership, RASTA have no leader.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 11/23/2015 1:34:16 PM

Good words Iyah BlackHeart with preserving of the black/African race.

How do we preserve Black/Africaness with a constant intermixing of non Africans yet still chanting Blackness?

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/23/2015 5:56:19 PM

But sista dis topic is realy shaking yu a little. It seems like yu are afraid it will take de wrong direction & so yu are trying to drive it away from de wrong direction

Give thanks for clarifying bredren Black Heart. But apparently there has obviously been a misoverstanding! Still, it's ALL LOVE.

1) I would not define my reasonings or myself as "shook up".

2) The ONLY "wrong direction" I was driving away from was White Supremacy/Willie Lynchism and Colorism. This in NO WAY suggests that I'm championing the light skin cause, or in any way feel this reasoning is not very crucial.

In regards to race mixing, who is pure anything?

Who do Caucasians come from?

We gave birth to Albinos. Before any white person was even thought of!

If we are going to forbid race mixing, then as a Pan Afrikanist, we have just rejected at least 75% of the Afrikan Iaspora! What about Brazil? Cuba? etc??

Sex and Race by J.A. Rogers is an excellent book on this subject.

Do you know that Black Movements have USED white looking black people (one of them looked like George Bush, but actually was born from two BLACK parents) for our own purpose? During the civil rights movements (and before) InI would send them to INFILTRATE, and help with important intel. Does this mean they should be "the face" of Afrikan liberation movements, no! Of course not. But they shouldn't be discarded either. In the Art of War, all things must be considered.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 46

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I