Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6292&start_row=1

I want to cut my dreads

1 - 1011 - 17
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Unify us all Sent: 11/21/2015 3:14:06 PM

I do parkour and they are constantly interfering and I want them gone will jah forsake me?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/21/2015 3:59:34 PM

For those reasons I feel so. A headwrap a hat a band maybe?

Messenger: Unify us all Sent: 11/21/2015 4:03:05 PM

My locs won't stay in a band that well and I can't wear I head wrap and do parkour, also I'm having lots of maintaining issues with them as well it takes a very long time to get ready in the morning. Of course I feel bad about feeling that I may have to do this but I pray every day and I feel I need to learn more before I can grow my locs back after they are gone.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/21/2015 4:09:02 PM

If you want to cut your dreads, then that would be the best thing to do. If it wasn't so, you wouldn't want to do it.

Messenger: Unify us all Sent: 11/21/2015 4:12:01 PM

Yes but I just feel bad about getting rid of them I know locs don't mean rastafari necessarily or represent rasta ideology necessarily but I just feel like I'm a bad rasta for getting rid of them

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/21/2015 4:20:42 PM

Why wouldn't a headwrap work?

Messenger: Unify us all Sent: 11/21/2015 4:24:14 PM

Parkour entails a lot of running jumping quick movement and lots of flips and climbs so even the tightest head wrap would not work

Messenger: Unify us all Sent: 11/21/2015 4:37:28 PM

After all I am European so I don't feel it would be unnatural I will always love jah and recognize him as divine no matter how my hair is

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 11/22/2015 9:48:33 AM

Then what is de problem? Yu have already convinced yoself dat yo gona cut yo hair yet yu want to get oppinions from a group of people whe cherish their natural hair. Why? Yu want RASTA people to approve hair cutting? My Lord. Yo own conscience has told yu dat yu are goin astray now by cuting, thus yu feel guilty about de cutting yet yu want it. Maybe yu should have done what yu have dicided to do bcos some of our oppinions might increase yo guilty feeling. I would not cut, but yu do what yu want.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/22/2015 1:24:21 PM

Black heart that made me laugh. Its true my lord. Its as though man done made his mind up already but come seeking words of support......... from a group of people whe put fire on scissor and comb. LOL. Thats why I answered YES.

Apologies if any I dont see the irony deh!

UnifyUsAll - do as you spirit tells you. Makes sure its spirit and not devil telling you!

1 - 1011 - 17

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I