Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6287&start_row=1

Tough Questions

1 - 1011 - 2021
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/20/2015 8:16:02 PM

Tough Questions for White Rastas

First, allow me to give thanks for this forum and the opportunity for InI to gather and reason. The intention behind this post is not to create conflict, bad vibes or judgment. It is to create thought. Open minds. Purge and detox any possible effects of western thought and behavior and hopefully work towards some mutual overstanding and healing.

Secondly, these questions are born out of years of observation and experience, and as a result of the more recent discussions right here in this forum. I hope you receive the questions with the intent they are asked with.

These will be tough questions. They may anger you They may even shake you to your very foundation. If you choose not to answer, InI overstand. But at least InI ask that you Iditate on the questions. Ask YOURSELVES those very questions. To those who are courageous enough to accept the intention and importance behind the questions and answer them honestly, I bow deeply with raspect.

* Why are Afrikan people the most discriminated against? Why have we suffered the greatest oppression? Was it the "curse of Ham"...did we "fall" from grace" What exactly was it?

• Can you admit that there is a phenomenon known as White Skin Privilege? And how do you personally benefit from it?

• What is your definition of White Supremacy?

• Do you agree that “the sins of forefathers” are passed down generations? If so, how do you reconcile this within yourself and being part of RasTafari (a black movement) and what have you done to cleanse that “karma” from your livity?

• How do you feel, REALLY feel when we speak of the Divinity of Blackness? The scientific, archeological, historical, alchemical, biological, cultural and spiritual aspects of melanin?

• How do you TRULY and FUNDAMENTALY feel about the evils of European peoples, historically/collectively speaking? Are they a “thing of the past” or are they ongoing?

• What are you WORKS towards Afrikan Liberation? How do you address and rectify the issues of racism against Mama Afrika’s children?

• How much have you studied about InI history? Aside from the bible and/or the Kebra Negast? How many of you have read Afrocentric/Pan Afrikan works by Dr. Yosef Ben Jochannan? John Henrik Clarke? Any Afrocentric studies? If so, which?

• Is the fact that the Creator CHOSE Afrikan People as the Mothers and Fathers of Civilization and Humanity simply a random thing? A sort of biological or environmental outcome, or is there a DIVINE reason behind it? Same question for the creation of white people, was it a random outcome? A result of albinism? A possible lesson to the rest of the world? What are the REASONS you sight that InI are the original godz and parents of humanity, and what is the role of this most unruly and violent last child of creation?

• When you hear us reason about ancestral connection to Mama Afrika and all that RasTafari stands for. The Divine “Pearl” spoken of in the Kebra Negast, linking InI to the original people, a birthright to ancient cultures and traditions, can you identify? If so, how??

• Are our ancient and esoteric Afrikan sciences (Vodun, Santeria, Kemet, the so-called “worship” of nature) to be considered….pagan? Against “God”? Do they contradict RasTafari?

• What is your FIRST thought when you sight this images:

• Are you “color blind? Would RasTafari be better if we simply got over moved on from the issues of slavery and the evils of European history? Do you subconsciously wish that Rasta was not an Afrikan movement, therefore not having to ask yourselves or face these difficult questions and issues?

* What are your thoughts on InI ancient tradition of POLYGAMY?

• Why has there never been any significant world inspiring European holy men and divine prophets? Why have they been melanated people? What is the common denominator? Melanin? Coincidence? Random happenings?

• How do you fit in under the banner of the following fundamental principles of Rastafari:
o 1) Repatriation – Back to Africa Movement
o 2) Divinity of Blackness
o 3) Haile Selassie as the Father of Pan Afrikanism, organization of African Unity and loyalty to his people first and foremost?
o 4) Marcus Garvey

• If you already have, or plan to have black children, how will you raise them to identify themselves?

• When you hear InI chant “Roots & Kulcha”, what does that mean to you? What roots and culture do you identify with?

• What are your thoughts when you hear Afrikans suggest a temporary separation until we rebuild ourselves to our original Ivine position?

• Was your introduction to RasTafrai through a black mate or significant other? If so, should the union be dissolved, would you still trod RasTafari way?

• Were you first introduced through Reggae Music? Ganja smoking? African spiritual system? What EXACTLY about RasTafari touched you deeply?

• Outside of RasTafari, what are your view about Black People? Do you cross the street when you see a young black man coming in your direction? Clutch your purse a little closer to you? If so, why?

• Are we, as Afrikan People, too angry? Too stuck on the past? Do we “carry a chip on our shoulder”. Are we racist?

Messenger: Malcom Ra Neter Sent: 11/20/2015 9:10:11 PM

Love the question dem. Iman anticipate some answers from a white ras. But true I is a black brother a white ras as the post suggest is suitable to answer these questions.Haile love

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/21/2015 1:50:45 AM

Wow, RastaGoddess. That was a lot of questions, took I a while to write it.

----------------
* Why are Afrikan people the most discriminated against? Why have we suffered the greatest oppression? Was it the "curse of Ham"...did we "fall" from grace" What exactly was it?

It was not a curse or a falling from grace, but the wickedness of the people that were the downpressors. In terms of why, I don't know with enough confidence to say, I could think about possible reasons, but I would rather not guess. In the end, it comes down to the wickedness of the people that did and do it.
----------------
• Can you admit that there is a phenomenon known as White Skin Privilege? And how do you personally benefit from it?

Yes there is. I benefit from it because I live in a white majority country and even though my dreadlocks cause many white people to discriminate and treat me worse than they would a baldhead white person, in many circumstances I would still be given more opportunities and treated better than many black people would be treated.

----------------

A system designed to benefit white people more than people of other skin color, and includes the downpression of other people as well.

----------------
• Do you agree that “the sins of forefathers” are passed down generations? If so, how do you reconcile this within yourself and being part of RasTafari (a black movement) and what have you done to cleanse that “karma” from your livity?

As I have said before, I Life is I ancestors Life, and I children is I Life, so there should be at least some connection. In terms of Karma and people paying for the sins of their fathers, I think it should be so, but observation of history makes it seem unlikely. Powerful people that do wicked things to others seem to continue staying in power and prosper for generations, and don't usually fall until another set of Powerful people defeat them, and the replacements tend to carry on with the same or similar wickedness for generations until the next replacement comes.

In terms of cleansing I Karma passed from I foreparents. I really don't know any specifics of what good or bad things I foreparents did. I ancestors were enslaved by the Ottoman empire during the colonization and slavery of Africans, so they had no part in that. We were fighting to free ourselves.

In a general sense, I work day to day to Live better and to rid Iself of the remaining wickedness in actions and thought. Not for the purpose of cleaning my Karma, but because I sight that it is the way I and I are supposed to Live and the example that Haile Selassie I shows.
----------------
• How do you feel, REALLY feel when we speak of the Divinity of Blackness? The scientific, archeological, historical, alchemical, biological, cultural and spiritual aspects of melanin?

I think Blackness is Divine, and people of any color who Live Divine are Divine. I don't currently have enough information to have an opinion about the spiritual aspects of melanin.

----------------
• How do you TRULY and FUNDAMENTALY feel about the evils of European peoples, historically/collectively speaking? Are they a “thing of the past” or are they ongoing?

Ongoing.

----------------
• What are you WORKS towards Afrikan Liberation? How do you address and rectify the issues of racism against Mama Afrika’s children?

I don't believe I have enough resources, power or influence to liberate Africans, or rectify the issues of racism against Africans in a general sense. I speak against racism when I see it, not only against Africans, but also against others, but that is not going to really rectify the issues of racism. I can only hope that it changes some people.

In addition to this website, I have made a website for RasTafarI people to do business together and find local RasTafarI businesses, but it hasn't received much interest.

The things I do in Life are for the people I come into contact with, especially for people around I and also to the people I Reason with on this website. I don't really see it as works, but that they are I Idren and Sistren, and I treat them like I Idren and Sistren. So if they ask I for help, whether personal or when they have a RasTafarI function or works they are running; I help if I am able. Or I offer help if I Sight I Idren or Sistren in a situation where I could help.
----------------
• How much have you studied about InI history? Aside from the bible and/or the Kebra Negast? How many of you have read Afrocentric/Pan Afrikan works by Dr. Yosef Ben Jochannan? John Henrik Clarke? Any Afrocentric studies? If so, which?

I have studied some African history, and have Learned from I Idren and Sistren over the years. I have read some writings from some Afrocentric writers, from things I have searched on the internet, but I don't have a book from them.
----------------
• Is the fact that the Creator CHOSE Afrikan People as the Mothers and Fathers of Civilization and Humanity simply a random thing? A sort of biological or environmental outcome, or is there a DIVINE reason behind it? Same question for the creation of white people, was it a random outcome? A result of albinism? A possible lesson to the rest of the world? What are the REASONS you sight that InI are the original godz and parents of humanity, and what is the role of this most unruly and violent last child of creation?

I don't know.

----------------
• When you hear us reason about ancestral connection to Mama Afrika and all that RasTafari stands for. The Divine “Pearl” spoken of in the Kebra Negast, linking InI to the original people, a birthright to ancient cultures and traditions, can you identify? If so, how??

Africans' ancestral connection to Africa is theirs, not mine. I people left Africa a very long time ago. I people have their own ancestral connections, cultures and traditions. Trodding RasTafarI didn't cause I to turn away from or disregard the History and Culture of I ancestors, RasTafarI inspired I to research and Learn about I History, Culture and Customs, including that before Christianity.
----------------
• Are our ancient and esoteric Afrikan sciences (Vodun, Santeria, Kemet, the so-called “worship” of nature) to be considered….pagan? Against “God”? Do they contradict RasTafari?

No. I would have said yes in the past. When I started Trodding with RasTafarI people, most thought and said that, and that is what I Learned. But since then I have Learned more from Haile Selassie I, and other RasTafarI people , including those that deal with the Bible, and I changed I view.
----------------

Iditation

----------------
• Are you “color blind? Would RasTafari be better if we simply got over moved on from the issues of slavery and the evils of European history? Do you subconsciously wish that Rasta was not an Afrikan movement, therefore not having to ask yourselves or face these difficult questions and issues?

No, as the I know, I deal with color loveness, and culture loveness, and ancestral loveness. The richness and variety of Creation is Blessed. I enjoy Learning about other people including there differences; I have no desire to pretend they are not there. To the second question, no.

----------------

As long as the people involved are aware of it and fine with it, I have no issue.

----------------
• Why has there never been any significant world inspiring European holy men and divine prophets? Why have they been melanated people? What is the common denominator? Melanin? Coincidence? Random happenings?

Europeans had their own Holy People, I know Serbians did, although they may not have been world inspiring. A lot of I history before Christianity has been erased, only some stories remain, and it is not a major religion of today. The biggest world inspiring religions in these times, with their holy men (whether real or myth) are Christian, Muslim, Buddhism and Hinduism. Kemet is also world inspiring today and especially in ancient times, and has influenced many nations and people around the world. But those are only five out of the Great Richness of Creation. There are so many more religions, walks of life, cultures, customs from so many people of all continents, nations, races, tribes, all melenated(including white people) by different degrees. The only people without melanin (eumelanin) or with only trace amounts are Albino people, although they still have neuromelanin in the brain, and some also have pheomelanin.

The big religions that have spread throughout the world were not spread by the holy men, and often not even by the stories about the holy men; but were spread by people who practiced the religion and/or their leaders, by various means. Also, as I mentioned, there are so many different religions, walks of life, cultures, customs around the world, among all races, and only a fraction have spread world wide, are they all somehow inferior to the holy men, or the people who started, or the people that spread those religions?

----------------
• How do you fit in under the banner of the following fundamental principles of Rastafari:
o 3) Haile Selassie as the Father of Pan Afrikanism, organization of African Unity and loyalty to his people first and foremost?
o 4) Marcus Garvey

I am not sure what the I mean about how I fit, so hopefully I response is what the I is asking.

1) Repatriation means African people returning to their home of Africa. It is not for other people unless they are talking about returning to the home of their own ancestors. I fit is by supporting I Idren and Sistren if they want support.
2) I Sight Divinity of Blackness, and Divinity of all people who live Divine regardless of color.
3) Agreement.
4) I have Learned from his Words and I Sight his importance to the movement and the importance of the example he set.

----------------
• If you already have, or plan to have black children, how will you raise them to identify themselves?

Not Applicable, I have three white skinned boys, no plans for more children, but I will give an answer regarding I children. I will Teach them about RasTafarI and other things I have Learned in Life, and also what I know of the Pre-Christian Trods of I Wife's, and I own ancestors. When they know that, I will let them identify themselves.

----------------
• When you hear InI chant “Roots & Kulcha”, what does that mean to you? What roots and culture do you identify with?

I identify with RasTafarI Trod, which also means I identify with the roots and culture of I own ancestors.

----------------
• What are your thoughts when you hear Afrikans suggest a temporary separation until we rebuild ourselves to our original Ivine position?

For all who wish that, I Iverstand and Respect their choice, and have no issue with it. I only want to Trod with People that want to Trod with I, so I will Itinue to Trod with them.
----------------
• Was your introduction to RasTafrai through a black mate or significant other? If so, should the union be dissolved, would you still trod RasTafari way?

No
----------------
• Were you first introduced through Reggae Music? Ganja smoking? African spiritual system? What EXACTLY about RasTafari touched you deeply?

Before I get to I answer, one funny thing about Ganja, I realized I was RasTafarI before touching Ganja, and even though I knew I was RasTafarI, I didn't deal with Ganja at first because I thought that there must be something bad about it because it was illegal. I heard some kids in school talking about it and I wanted to do some research so I could tell them how bad it is. So I looked at the Encyclopedia Britannica books at I house, with a bias to speak against it, and after reading about it, it convinced I that it was alright for I to use it, and I started using it.

For the answer, I will post what I posted a few days ago in the other Reasoning.

When I learned about RasTafarI in 1991, I lived in a town that hardly had any people who were not white, and there were no RasTafarI people or people that even heard about RasTafarI. I heard some RasTafarI reggae songs from two university radio stations from a city that was about 100km from where I lived. I could see that RasTafarI people were I people and knew that I was RasTafarI and started to read the Bible. I knew very little about Haile Selassie I but saw that He is the Most High. This was before internet, so I didn't have that as a source of information or communication. I managed to find one short book that spoke about RasTafarI people that was sent to I local library from a library from a bigger city. That confirmed to I that I am RasTafarI. Before that time, I felt like an outsider and couldn't see I way, and when I learned about RasTafarI, I finally was comfortable within Iself because I saw I path and I people. For I first four years, I didn't have any RasTafarI people to speak to, but never wavered because I knew that I am RasTafarI. I decided to go to University in Toronto for the sole Reason that I knew that I would find the Most RasTafarI people there. And when I arrived in 1995, I immediately tried to find RasTafarI people and that was when the Higher Learning began.

----------------
• Outside of RasTafari, what are your view about Black People? Do you cross the street when you see a young black man coming in your direction? Clutch your purse a little closer to you? If so, why?

No

----------------
• Are we, as Afrikan People, too angry? Too stuck on the past? Do we “carry a chip on our shoulder”. Are we racist?

No.

----------------

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 11/21/2015 8:06:09 AM

because besides of the really superficial fact that whites including south europeans, people from the middle east, indians, people from east asia in general, native americans and australians share a lighter tone of skin while black people are much easier to discrimate in western countries it`s all about all kind of knowledge african people deal with due to their traditions and this knowledge seems to be absurd to people in babylon and people who deal with real knowledge are rejected by the system.

i think we just can say that societies in africa had a much healthier development than the ones in europe. europeans saw africa as a slave market. thats just a matter of fact historical wise.

i think that africa is the source of life and so the continent is full of many different cultures and ancient knowledge like ive said before. other than asians and europeans of today who are able to add certain elements to the western market africans are told that their values, knowledge and traditions wouldnt be african at all. other nations get praised for things that were developed in kemet.

i dont want to treat it like a laughable topic but i think we can say that the realtionship between whites and blacks in the west had a very bad start. so things like the n word and certain behaviour towards blacks is still a problem in our society nowadays. in school its all about european history and the european point of view. so black culture is often used and abused. so as a white guy i benefit from this things because people are more used to see white faces in the news paper (positive articles) and as tv hosts etc. a white guy is more believable when it comes to havin a huge career and thing slike that. when black culture gets part of main stream than the actual black guys are only there to portrait the gangster or the absurd and funny or ghetto man side of it. a who race has to fight with a laughable image. thats why there are these many prejudices. there are still too less "normal" black "Idols".

the fatal and superficial thought that all white people are ->superior<- to others just because of their genetic codes, birthplace and skin colour. a white person and another one dont have to have anything in common. somehow i understand the concept more when it comes to black people because they were taken from africa and they have an aim when it comes to the western society. they need more liberation. but we as whites dont need to follow any garbage whites did a few decades or centuries earlier here in the west. i also say that not everything african is just great neither. its good to deal with empathy and to help people who share the same "destiny" (as immigrant or whatever) so to speak but every human being is unique.

i believe that taste, the way of thinking and other things are passed down generations but every human being has the power to create his own destiny. we just have to be conscious and learn from our mistakes.

i think africa is the source of life. at least many black people see that and that africa is divine. spirituality and science can go hand in hand in this case. we are all blessed with life. africa is the root and a place that should be the capital of the world. the system is stopping a process of development. many things we are used to do are told us to do by the media. cultural wise we can learn so much from kemet and african tribes. we are all part of this world and righteousness is the key to happyness for each and everybody. no ideology and no secret force should stop us from living life as we should. everybody should live as free as possible and africa is the center of the world. we can learn so much from african tribes which follow such a simple lifestyle.

its all about certain bloodlines. te gouvernment, the royal families, the christian church and other religous groups, the secret societies of the west, the whole entertainment and food and others industries should be described as babylon. they are the root of all evil. europe, america...all of the leaders are still worse than any mafia clans. those are the real gangsters.

i had a blog but people used to bomb me with bs and i as a single person are just not able to reach the masses. i just reason wherever i can and TRY to be a rolemodel regarding my daily lifestyle. of course you also can give money to the right adresses.

during my life a read a lot of books about black history (dont know if the bible is to mention here, kebra negast, book of coming forth, books about rasta, not to mention books and articels regarding other cultural elements like all kinds of black music and even black cinema) read a lot of articles and talked to many, many, many, many rastas (and people in general) about it. nowadays i try to use the internet right and i read a little bit here and there everyday. thats jsut how i do it. i just search things online and reason.

arent the east asians the last children of creation? ;)
i think its important to know what happens to african culture in this world and to know what africa has really developed over the centuries and centuries. its not really a random thing but the fact itself is not that important in my daily life to me. i dont where the whites are coming from. maybe some aliens have created us. who knows. i go by the saying of who feels it knows and i know that i have potential to be a righteous human beeing and that people of every race are unique. thats what we have to keep in mind. white people arent superior. its not right what has happend to black within the last centuries but no race itself is to blame in a way that single persons have to be judged before knowing them.

i think talking about mama africa is just an act of righteousness. africa sa the source of life and a beautiful place is just a blessed continent to me. we as white guys havent a real important culture to defend right now so i just want to learn from it. which gods may have actually blessed ancient africa is just a thing of pure faith. we jsut have to focus on our humanity and see where we come from and how we can use nature to create a better "future".

there are definately a part of rasta. i dont like the term pagan. to me not only one way is valid so im not the one to judge people regarding their connection to god. i always try to see what has led people to do what they are doing.

people who are conscious, focused and confessed to do the right thing for their environment.

no. we have to SEE all aspects of every culture.
not every problems in a life of a black person have something to do with the times of slavery but i think rasta is actually trying to move forward. but why should someones forget about his past or ingore it? its important to learn and to know who you are and/ or where youre at.
i really dont. i think there are some white reggae artists who whish to be black.

i couldnt care less. somehow i like the concept. i havent done much research on that topic because im not married but i think if people want to do, its nothing we should say about it.

oh, i`m not sure about this one. the most improtant spiritual things have already happen to inspire us or they are connected to ancient times. so it`s obvious that europeans of today doesn`t play such an important role in this case. i think the definiton of a prophet is hard to find. i think there are really inspiring and blessed white people fighting for righteousnes sin europe but of course you wouldnt see them as a part of the main stream media.

o 4) Marcus Garvey

totally ok with it. africa is the mother land. but i as a white man arent involved in things regarding the real development of black culture itself.

i think africa/ africans are divine. everybody is. but africa is special. the source of life. and african people deal with clean and pure knowledge of the motherland.

oh, i would absolutaly love to have a few black children. to have any childen is a blessing. i would tell them the truth about the background of their race, supply them with books etc. and tell them about the origins of all of the different things they will meet in our western society. its also important to get them more into it via food, literature, spiritual aspects and traditions.

as think of a culture we lost babylonian sheeps can learn from and of the cultures of (our) ancstors. about pure spiritual teaching sinstead of propaganda from the west.

if it would really happen, its ok to me. but i think it should happen in tolerance of humanity. like youve mentioned before, there are even interacial families who should decide if and how they want to do it.

i wasnt approached by a single person. my whole life i was surrounded by black cultures. the way my life went on was resposible for my point of view of today.

yes. it was reggae music. i listen to dancehall and reggae sconsciously ince im 12 years old or something like that. even my parents and uncles have listened to bob marley and peter tosh. i always believed in something divine. the roman-catholic church couldnt confess me in the end. as well as other christian churches. i wasnt confessed enough of the jewish religion or islam neither. ever since i heard about HIM i really felt deep respect for and a truth behind his reputation in reggae. so i identifiy with the rasta basics on a spiritual level and lifestyle wise and its a movement which allows you to develop yourself. its kind of open. no one will tell you that all rastas should believe in certain bible interpretations and how to baptize or marry people. it has kemetic and/ or christian basics and it is even wanted to reason every day to build an own opinion regarding many things in life naturally. rasta means to live and grow consciously.

here in europe there are other groups with a far worse reputation. so here in europe its all about blacks when it comes to negative stereo types. like ive said. through music and other things i always had a great relationship towards black cultures and i never thought that any race is more criminal than another. i dont want to praise myself but i think i can honestly say that i never thought this way.

to me...all of the refugess vs. europeans and blacks vs. whites dramas are planned by the gouvernment. i dont think rasta is too angry. single person can use certain things to justify their hate against everything but in general im totally cool with the directions of rasta as they are in general right now.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/21/2015 10:49:54 AM

WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!

INI rize up this day very pleasantly surprised to see that di I's dem took the time and energy AND patience to answer the many questions! You're right Ark I...I didn't realize just how many I actually posed! LOL! They just kept flowing and flowing, pouring out of me as I typed!

I'm truly humbled reading the answers. Truly.

I am going to read them again, reflect and absorb. Allow others to come forward and share their thoughts, and then Itinue to build.

Give thanks for open minds and hearts. Give thanks for the honesty and love. Well done Idren!

Izes

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 11/21/2015 10:56:15 AM

These are deep questions RasGoddess and I give thankhs for the Irit in which the I bring them forward.
I give thankhs also for the Love and Inity shared by I bredren in their answers.
Truly I think All of us should be medItating on these questions, especially the Idren who are just being awakened to RasTafarI.
I would like to take the time to answer all of these questions in literary form rather than just thinking to Iself, although, I am not sure what purpose that would serve to post the answers? Does it help a Black Idren to Overstand the reasoning for a white person choosing to trod Rastafari? Or does it simply give me personally a venue to prove myself?
The reason I post in the other thread is to encourage the Idren that, from I perspective, he can be welcomed and also be effective within the RasTafarI community if he realEyes and reCognize Black Ipremacy in the fullness. I am just not sure who I would be encouraging, if anyone, if I post specific answers in this circumstance. Maybe the I feel it really would help others to read these answers, and if so I will try to take the time to answer each one.

Still, I realeyes that the Iyah wrote the questions in order to get people thinking in the right livication, and that many of the questions beg the answers. Simply by reading the list of questions, any young Ras who is coming from light skinned ancestors can truly medItate and reveal to the Iself the role that Black Ipremacy has, the impact that such a mindset has, in the thoughts and actions of RasTafarI.

Itinual thANKHs + Oneness blessed Sister!
TafarI Igziabher Yimasgan

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/21/2015 11:23:56 AM

Yes I!

I honestly didn't expect ones and ones to address each question, like di I overstood, the main intent was to provoke thought, a look in the mirror, delve deep, and hopefully get a few answers. Though I agree that these questions are best directed to white Idren just coming into the trod, but also to those who are well familiar, as some have the tendency to get comfortable enough to still tell ini how fi run our house, with deeply ingrained western attitudes. By the way, this applies to western minded black Idren as well.

I received more then expected. My "tough questions cup" runneth over! :)

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 11/21/2015 8:10:59 PM

wow. my english sucks when i try to follow a thousand thoughts and to type at the same time lol. but i also recognize that here turns into hear and their into there when american people try to utter their feelings too fast. :)

i also have a question. but its a quite simple one. ;) i never realized where the term iwa comes from. just like many other terms rastas use it starts with an i. but who or what is "wa"? what does it really mean? is it based on an african word or something like that? give thanks

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 11/21/2015 11:21:50 PM

I simetimes wondered how whites would have taken to RastafarI had Ras Makonnen or Menelik II been the centrat figure of the movement.
I know some would still have taken up the the name but I honestly think Gaile Selassie I features makes ita lot more comfortable for many whites.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/22/2015 10:12:29 AM

Greetings Reasoningtime, I didn't want your question to get lost in this thread

also have a question. but its a quite simple one. ;) i never realized where the term iwa comes from. just like many other terms rastas use it starts with an i. but who or what is "wa"? what does it really mean? is it based on an african word or something like that? give thanks

It means "hour" or "time"

Patois: I man deh cum inna di nex iwah
English: I'm coming in the next hour

1 - 1011 - 2021

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I