Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6286&start_row=11

Marriage

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 42
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/20/2015 7:12:24 PM

It depends how u define marriage. Many of the I dem are married in the eyes of Jah while not everybody has legal registration as many dony seek the recognition of any western law

i doubt those young kings are against the idea of having an empress

As for the business side of things mentioned. Nothing is higher than self reliance as a family unit. I don't fight anything whe can make that prosperous

Give thanks bredda

Messenger: Malcom Ra Neter Sent: 11/20/2015 7:16:39 PM

Give thanks for that knowledge rasta goddess. Iman born with rasta parents. I born into Rasta. Iman was given a choice. I even ventured into Christianity then realized that rasta is the way. My parents, have been married for 32 years. All of iman elders and most if not all of iman ankcestors and fore parents were married....outside of western practices and beliefs surrounding marriage.

Another question for the younger Ras dem.....since the westerners copied so much from our culture, Is it not possible that their principles of marriage were copied from us as well and then they changed it into the poppyshow it is now. As the brother say a contract. Lol

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/20/2015 7:19:10 PM

Marriage is legally defined as a contract. I say man to wombman and more life. Anything after that a your business! Blessed!!

Messenger: Malcom Ra Neter Sent: 11/20/2015 7:26:23 PM

Garvey's Africa:
Then if one opposes marriage on the basis of "everybody has legal registration as many don't seek the recognition of any western law". Then why is it that the i dem register di i dem children, car, house, land, money (via bankbook), identity (via passport and ID's), business and all but the i dem want to rebel against marriage simply because you may have to sign a registration form. Out of all the registration forms. Well them i dem shouldn't sign any registration form at all. I see that as double standard.
As a ras, surely i dont expect the i dem to go in a church in front of a priest, fire!!! Iman ankcestors never do it that way. Iman do it i ankcestors way.

Messenger: Malcom Ra Neter Sent: 11/20/2015 7:30:17 PM

Garvey's Africa

Well I guess you and your children are a contract then, because you have a birth certificate which is no different from a marriage certificate.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/20/2015 7:32:20 PM

Kingman......You think every rasta whe build his own house and live humble register any a those things? And deal with paper works? Contract? Rasta is no hypocrit. None at all. But that's not the main point. A man and wombman can have a african marriage ceremony or simple just call his empress his wife and choose not to include babylon. Why you wana fight dem for that? It's a choice man and his empress free to choose. I man born into this trod too Iah give thankhs. Like I said, every king to a empress. You can't tell a man say his wife is not his wife because of a lack of legal document lol. More blessings to the I and the I empress and fiancé. More life

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/20/2015 7:37:54 PM

Outside of those who aren't dealing in them kinda registration paper works. Families whe live polygamous are an example of ones who cannot get legal documentation as it is illegal in most countries.

The point is, the law of the land in which we were enslaved has no bearing or authority over I and I personally in the eyes of the ancestors. What is on paper does not reflect in any way what is in spirit. It is what it is. I know a few people whe 'married' several times helping people move from one country to the next.... Lol. How rasta going to have a problem with how official in legal documentstion a next rasta is???

Messenger: Malcom Ra Neter Sent: 11/20/2015 7:45:31 PM

Iman agree with di i. Not everyone does every thing the same way. Of course every man free to do their own thing. Everyman have a choice. But iman a try innerstand why a one would oppose marriage and on what grounds. ini assume you are one of the ones that do bases on di i reasoning, and you did on the grounds that its a babylonian way of livity. Cool. So with that said iman will come to the conclusion that di i is a man who has not signed any type of registration document issued by babylon in the this case the government.

Messenger: Malcom Ra Neter Sent: 11/20/2015 7:55:08 PM

our ankcestors did have some form of celebratory ritual to ilibrate the love. So we’ll have that yes. And given what di i mentioned before about the “certification part. In terms of business... Supposing the I and the I wife start a black owned business. It may be beneficial to have a certified marriage in terms of profitability and tax avasion.” Why would a one think it’s a bad thing to sign one since it maybe feasible in that aspect of business.... and iman believe that a business is also a very important part of family. So di i dem should want to bring that aspect in also.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/20/2015 7:56:21 PM

As a garveyite I believe it is for man and wombman to be self reliant. I man create blCk owned business and in that sense I man do deal with contract. Internet and phone too. I choose to enter into those kind of engagements at a time of my choosing in a way which benefits I the most. I not enslaved to any contract. With that said, I and I empress may choose to enter into a Iritual contract with one another and with Jah, we may even choose to unify families and loved ones and hold a ceremony. When it comes to legal representation, as always, that will be done, if at all - seeing as it has nothing to do with I and I relationship with Jah - it will be done so at a time and point whe make I and I benefit most. Bringing my point in terms of business back around. I also don't come too far from the school of Idrin who do not have any form of contract or even dem kind of talk way inna the hills dem gone. In the livaspora it not too uncommon for people live without too much contract and registration

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 42

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I