Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6284&start_row=21

Whites claiming rastafari

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 60
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Unify us all Sent: 11/20/2015 7:18:25 AM

The whole reason I joined this forums to learn more about a topic I was interested in I understand that rastafari is a black liberation movement but I believe that's whites should be involved just because there skin is different doesn't mean they don't understand what black people are going through sure they will never have the same experience as blacks worldwide but if they can sympathize with the black liberation movement, why exclude them it doesn't make much sense to push people away from a movement that is strongest in numbers.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/20/2015 7:43:58 AM

Theres a difference between sympathising with and joining. Theres a difference between involvement and joining what you acknowledge as a black liberation movement. It is not only a movement but an identity given as a birth right for black people whe Europeans had stripped of such. The confusion is in people mistaking it for a FAITH or religion. Nobody fights the Jews for claiming that it is a nation and people can only join by birthright yet and still everybody want to claim Rasta

Many of the Idren from different mansions whe have different beliefs ina Rastafari, agree that the idea of a white rastafari is an oxymoron; the equivalent of saying a european african. Others in the trod think that anybody can claim Rastafari but as pointed out, ones cannot change the foundations on which we stand. Have you read the works of Garvey? Or the Holy Piby? Or Royal Parchment?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/20/2015 7:55:39 AM

I will go further than say black liberation I will say InI manifest Black Supremacy in its truest form, without a any apology

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/20/2015 8:04:46 AM

I see the Until speech has already been posted. And the classic mistake of overlooking the UNTIL has been made. We not there yet, and so we Africans will itinue to trod

Messenger: Unify us all Sent: 11/20/2015 8:17:48 AM

Agree to disagree king, I believe that if their heart is in the right place when they realize they must trod rastafari why not accept them. Blessed love King, no bad blood.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/20/2015 8:34:03 AM

Heart in the right place doesn't change your identity. This is why heart in the right place doesn't allow you to become a recognised Jew if not from that ancestry

Or better yet. You can't have a heart in the right place and suddenly become a Yoruba

If you disagree that's fine iah. But I explaining why so many Idrin in the trod see things this way and unlikely to change. Nobody can take the black supreme out of rasta

Still many of InI wouldnt physically come try stop you from chanting Jah name if you so wish

Messenger: Unify us all Sent: 11/20/2015 8:35:59 AM

Your saying people can't convert to jeudaism? Pffff that's ridiculous I know people who aren't Israeli but are Jewish

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/20/2015 8:38:16 AM

You have to be born into it. Where that is not the case you are ordained from somebody of an authorative position such as a rabbi or a sponsoring denomination. Not one day you feel like it like with most other religions. The reasons Jews do this is because they see themselves as more than faith based but also as a Nation.

I then made a better analogy with the Yoruba and their beliefs systems and ideologies they are primarily a Tribe. You cannot feel you are them one day.

You can't feel to be an identity you are not. No Rachel Dolezal in Rastafari

The trod was created by black people out of a necessity to liberate themselves from european domination and interference in all aspects of life.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/20/2015 8:40:08 AM

It's also an offensive part of white privilage for you to 'agree to disagree' on a fundamental concept of a trod you are learning about, than with the people Whe create it.

Messenger: Unify us all Sent: 11/20/2015 8:46:45 AM

Listen King, I'm white I understand I'm not black I'm not trying to be black I am European but all humans regardless of color were ment to trod rastafari even if we disagree on all being equal in rastafari can we at least agree that all humans are ment to see the light of jah Ras Tafari and accept him as King of kings.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 60

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I