Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6276&start_row=31

Haile Selassie I's quote: "Don't worship me, I am not a God..."

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/18/2015 2:30:25 PM

No they are not. And word definitons are listed in terms of significance. The first definition always drawing some form of Judeochristian connotation. Why would I use the European interpretation of what your trying to describe. No the ancestors didn't mean the exact same

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/18/2015 2:34:30 PM

And this is a english definitions lol.

You can't come tell anyone outside of judeochristiandumb that God is a generic term for any and every 'divine concept' Gweh with that

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/18/2015 6:11:40 PM

We (Afrikans) invented the idea and the concept of the Creator. But, we were simply talking about the elements. We were simply showing reverence to our ancestors. We were simply giving praise and reverence to the forces and power in nature that are real. It has nothing to do with praying to spookism or invisible things.

In many belief systems there is still one creator with different energies that are revered are aspects of the divine force, which can be found in nature.

The Ashanti say that "of the wide, wide earth, the Supreme Being is the Elder", in the sense that the Creator is superior since he is the Creator of the earth and all things, and is above all things." The Akan honour him with the titles "Grandfather 'Nyame' who alone is the Great one", and "the Grand Ancestor"

While generalizations are difficult due to the diversity of African spiritual systems, some do share common features: a belief in a supreme deity above a host of lesser gods or semi-divine figures; a belief in the power and intercession of ancestral spirits; the idea of sacrifice or libation, to ensure divine protection and generosity; the need to undergo rites of passage to move from the different stages of life (childhood to adulthood, from life to death). Many African religions have a creation stories which speak of the framework for the self-identity of these communities in a universal context. The role of humanity is generally seen as a harmonizing relationship between nature and the super-natural forces.

"Read books about yourself. There are millions of them. Let no one tell you to the contrary. Read about religious doctrines and theories. Don’t let anyone tell you: ‘this is it.’ And there is no more… Read, read, read. Read about your people in the past, the present, the future.” -Dr. Yosef Ben Jochannan

The picture below, though true, is meant to bring a bit of humor in this otherwise oh so serious discussion

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/18/2015 6:23:43 PM

African Origins of the Word God
By Asar Imhotep

Objections to the use of the word God, stem from the understanding that the Babylonian deity of fortune was Baal-Gad (pronounced gawd). It is then assumed that the term is pagan if the word God is used.
The term God in the ancient Anglo-Saxon comes from the word Goode, or Goot as in the Dutch and German.

Jah RasTafarI Homepage

http://www.asarimhotep.com/documentdownloads/AfricanOriginsoftheWordGod.pdf

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/18/2015 6:26:59 PM

"If religion consist in deifying one character and crusading around the world to make him acceptable to all mankind, then the African has no religion. But if religion means doing, rather than talking then the African has a religion"
- Mbonu Ojike

"religion that is based mainly on oral transmission. It is not written on paper but in peoples' hearts, minds, oral history, rituals, shrines and religious functions... has no founders or reformers like Gautama the Buddha, Asoka, Christ, or Muhammad. It is not the religion of one hero. It has no missionaries, or even the desire to propagate the religion, or to proselytise."
- Joseph Awolalu

"The God concept does not survive long outside of the bottle of religion; religion is an institutionalized mechanism which pass on the Godhead package from generation to generation"
- Alik Shahadah

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/18/2015 6:59:15 PM

Yes sister!!!

I love the references

People wana style like God is only an adjective when from its inception and even linguistically with the capital G, it's a name, a title, a noun. Describing what exactly or who? Google search God and see which one is over represented more than anything else.

You can't come bring any of that to original people Whe long invented created science around and reached a heights in the overstanding of what is divine in nature. I know not of God

Afterall. Who was Abraham to Akenaten

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/18/2015 7:10:57 PM

When I people were captured on the shores of west Africa chanting and giving Isis onto Shango was he an ancestor or was he the 'Lord and saviour Jesus Christ?' Was it not under the name and the guise of which we were introduced to the Lord and saviour Jesus Christ, that lead to our kidnapping?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/19/2015 12:08:31 AM

The calcification of the pineal gland is not associated with lack of spirituality. There are symptoms associated with it, but that is not one of them.

The spiritual things attributed to the pineal gland are not based on any kind of fact, no matter who says it, it is purely theory, or based on somebody else's theory.

Haile Selassie I said,

As we extend the hand of universal brotherhood to all, without regard to race or colour, so we condemn any social or political order which distinguishes among God's children on this most specious of grounds.

Specious means something which sounds good and possible to the listener and can be imagined to be real, but is actually false.

I have already reasoned about the pineal gland in the past and don't want to get into a theoretical discussion about it. I am only interested if somebody comes with credible proof, instead of specious theories.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/19/2015 3:23:56 AM

Had the symbolism of the pine(al) gland (third eye, spiritual eye) been a new age theory or a new "Afrocentric thing", I too might have considered it questionable. However, on this subject mi bredren (unless I have misoverstood di I), we may have to respectfully agree to disagree, for the "credible" proof is overwhelmingly available for InI to sight. It is left in stone, ancient symbols, monuments and sacred texts, and many would argue, also in biblical scripture.

Afrikan/Kushite people overstood this principle from a holistic perspective, as is in our natures. A spiritual, scientific, biological, cosmological, alkhemical, natural, historical, cultural and ancestral perspective.

Is it coincidence that ALL spiritual systems, arts, music, science, and humanity itself comes from BLACK MELANATED people? Is it coincidence that it is BLACK people who overstood the "Laws which govern the universe"? That we have always been a SOL/SOULFUL people? Is it a coincidence that most, if not all, holy men, prophets, "son of god", king of Kings have been melanated HUE-MAN beings? That the Divine "Pearl" (seed) spoken of in the Kebra Nagast is through the lineage of black/melanated gods on earth?

It wasnt through a Swede. Not an Englishman. Nor a German nor any other Anglo-Saxon lineage.

Coincidence?

No I.

Credible proof? I suppose it depends on what position/perspective or angle/reflection of the "river" InI are sitting on.

Every ancient culture overstood the Divine Innection between blackness and the "third eye". It is evident and left all over the earth as record for InI to SEE. From Kush, Kemet, India...and stretched forth to all corners of the earth.

It is irrefutable evidence recorded by First World melanated peoples from the "beginning of time". A concept that is not only challenging for Europeans or westernized minds ("calcified/blocked/dormant pineal/sight) to overstand, but to accept. Many will argue that there is no "credible proof" of a "Black God" or many principles that InI as Afrikan/Rasta KNOW. Even when we point it out.

But it doesn't make it less so.

To those who cannot sight/feel/know this as truth unless verified, approved and validified by a quote from the Bible or a speech by His Majesty, allow I humbly to remind that InI RasTafari Afu-Ra-Kans praise a Black Divine One. From ancient Black lineage.

Melanin/blackness has a divine purpose. The pine (al) gland, the production and function of black/melanin, the mind, the "First Eye" is all naturally connected.

In regards to the quote by HIM on universal brotherhood to all, without regard to race or colour, let us not dilute or sugar coat the fact that HIM created the Organization of AFRICAN unity, not the organization of Universal Brotherhood. That "until that day, we Africans (melanated/black) will FIGHT, if necessary, and we know that we shall win, as we are confident in the victory of good over evil."

HIM extended respect to all nations, yes. As do InI as Rasta. But his LOVE and FIGHT was for Ethiopia, land and people of his history, ancestors, "blood" and lineage.

One Black Love

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/19/2015 4:56:24 AM

"Europeans not only colonized most of the world, they colonized information about the world. They developed monopoly control over images and concepts. The hallmark of their colonization in this regard was the colonization of the image of god. After a number of years under European domination, the slaves and the colonial subjects would not DARE to mention the word (for) 'god' in a language of their own creation or visualise god though the lens of their culture."

I read this today and felt it relevant.

- Dr John Henrik Clarke, 1992

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I