Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6276&start_row=21

Haile Selassie I's quote: "Don't worship me, I am not a God..."

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 11/17/2015 8:58:37 PM

I understood that, was only bringin up a point how words get misused or misunderstood

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/18/2015 2:01:31 AM

Rasta Goddess, I agree with the I thoughts but just not with the I terminology

We have to be careful. There were absolutely no Gods in KEMET and no God before the past 300 years. It's a new word, a German rooted word which definately carriers certain connotations with it. Which is why any first two definitions you see always have some kind of relation to Christianity and then the Supernatural:

1(In Christianity and other monotheistic religions) the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.
EXAMPLE SENTENCES
(god)
(In certain other religions) a superhuman being or spirit worshipped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity:
a moon god
the Hindu god Vishnu

Ancient spiritualituy especially, included no such thing. No power over nature but the powers of nature. And the creator and ruler of the universe etc first definition clearly refers to Bible God.

Dr Ben would say the English language is too limited to describe what I and I meant when dealing with the divine. We had Netjers and Ancestors. But not Gods. That word sound has only ever been applied to Bible God. I ancestors never dealt with God. I ivers why if de I sight it as just semantics but I see the power with certain frequencies and word sound vibrations carry even in the subconscious. Unapologetic fire on God the God concept and his story.

Messenger: John I.S. Sent: 11/18/2015 2:08:10 AM

Emperor Haile Selassie the First is my Almighty God. Jah Ras Tafari. Give thanks and praise.

Messenger: ras93 Sent: 11/18/2015 4:29:38 AM

Ark I i give thanks for the answers. Also, i wonder whether we could somehow connect as I and I have obviously a similar path. You say your parent are Serbian Orthodox, I and I am from Bosnia and Herzegovina, and going through a similar thing with few people to talko to here about rastafari. More fire!

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/18/2015 10:46:42 AM

Agreed brothah Garveys. Though I used the term as a a common point if reference, di I is correct. It is a Germ-man word and ini overs vibrations, word sound and power.

Seen.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/18/2015 11:20:53 AM

Also I completely agree with the fact that not only is the English language limited, but so are it's speakers. After all, a language reflects the "spirit" of its people, their culture (or lack of)

Generally speaking, Europeans have a calcified pineal gland. An unnatural disconnection to nature/creation...therefore it's Creator. There's absolutely NO WAY they were able to fully comprehend the complexities of our natures/neters, our cosmological principles, our Mystery System, our language and deeeeeeep spiritual connections. Therefore a creating a complete desecration of our Sacred Teachings.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/18/2015 11:38:33 AM

Yes sistren

I sight the Lionness in sheep clothing when we have to use dis cursed language.

Blessed love

Messenger: PurpleBlue Sent: 11/18/2015 12:14:29 PM

Garveys Africa,
is the I saying that the whole idea of a CREATOR is limited to the bible?
And that Africans had no concept of a

----------
creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority / the supreme being.
----------

or of

----------
a superhuman being or spirit worshipped as having power over nature or human fortunes
----------

??

That might be true for Kemet but many African tribes did and do have such concepts.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/18/2015 12:56:51 PM

God is European and recent no matter how u put it. I people had never used the word God before having it enforced onto I in enslavement. Infact nobody in the bible used the word God. That is exactly what I mean. I not talking about African ideas of what u may label as dieties. Even so, they aren't 'God' !!

On a seperate line of reason, Fire on the idea of super natural and fire on the personification (and male personification) of what ever force or reason behind the 'creation' .......... Lol and Fire on the then seeming monopoly that judeochristiandom has on this personified creator concept ie God.

God is completely foreign to I and has so far only been destructive in InI experience

Messenger: PurpleBlue Sent: 11/18/2015 1:51:10 PM

Look Idren, the word 'god' is not mentioned in my last posting, deliberately...

----------
I not talking about African ideas of what u may label as dieties. Even so, they aren't 'God' !!
----------

What is the main difference?

Aren't these 'deities' seen and worshiped as "creator and ruler of the universe / the supreme being..."?

I am just trying to get your exact point.

Fire on spiritual monopoly, yes!

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I