Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6269&start_row=41

Why do some Rastas reject the Bible since our belief of the Holy lineage and prophecy of H.I.M come from the Bible and Revelations? Give thanks.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 54
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/18/2015 7:03:48 AM

He authorised a translation. He did not write the Bible neither did he claim literalism neither did he claim to be Bible God neither did he claim his origin starts with any biblical character

Messenger: John I.S. Sent: 11/23/2015 7:36:16 AM

most high God Emperor Haile Selassie I the First says: "...the word remains one..."

Messenger: John I.S. Sent: 11/23/2015 7:36:40 AM

"...and true..."

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/23/2015 7:38:30 AM

What word did he use for 'the word' by the way? As I presume this speech wasnt in English. I know he didn't mean every literal word doesn't remain the same but just interested in how he did actually phrase it

Messenger: John I.S. Sent: 11/23/2015 8:00:27 AM

sacred-texts.com/afr/rasta/wisdom.htm

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/23/2015 7:41:22 PM

This doesnt help. As with other versions it says it has been translated. He didn't really prefer to give speeches in English.

Is the original language to this speech even public access?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/23/2015 8:57:47 PM

Garveys Africa, when you say origin, are you talking about ancestry? Haile Selassie I does say he is descended from a Biblical character.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/24/2015 5:53:48 AM

No I mean origin. From the root of David as though David doesn't have a root as though Haile Selassie wasn't aware of his roots extending past that of Bible characters. We know this wasn't the case!

Respec

Messenger: John I.S. Sent: 11/24/2015 6:25:44 AM

Kebra Nagast; The glory of kings.
sacred-texts.com/afr/kn/index.htm

Messenger: ISSATAFARI Sent: 11/25/2015 12:17:15 PM

Each Rasta would have a different answer to that question. Why "some" Rastas reject the Bible is inextricably tied to the pain that the African has felt at the end of the whip of those who carried the Bible in the other hand. However, with JAH being omnipresent, in spite of that history, there are others who rise above that emotion and are still able to be inspired by the living presence that remains in those words. We have ancestors that used those very words as ammunition to fight the oppressor (Rev. Nathaniel Turner, etc.). The interesting part is this...it's not as much about the words, as it is about the act of seeking God. "Seek and you will find..."; Whether one is seeking Divine Communion with God through prayer and meditation; scriptural study; chanting Ises; or through Divine Reasoning...the act of consciously seeking the Truth of God is Blessed. So, of course, you will find God as far back as Egypt...or as far east as the wisdom of India...or in the Holy Bible...or the Kebra Negast. JAH IS... and no amount of demonic trickery...word play...or oppression can ever change that. It is up to us to do our part and realize the TRUTH within, and to utilize that knowledge, not to feed our egos with thoughts of "spiritual superiority", but to minister to those amongst us who are suffering and are in need. JAH RASTAFARI...AMEN.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 54

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I