Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6266&start_row=1

What happen to InI after passing

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 11/12/2015 1:11:02 PM

Yesterday someone sent I a pic of some sort of factory inside and I was wondering what she was showing I. When looked at it again I noticed a figure of a woman kinda floating. Wtf was my thought, so I asked her if the person had seen that figure or it just showed up in the photo. I was told the one who took tha pic and a few others saw the figure, some ran off but one stayed and snapped a pic.

This was taken on old plantation slaving grounds and the figure is of a darkskin ladie in typical old time dress and scarf that was worn and it almost apears to be in a hanging position.

So what d Idem make of wondering spirits/ghost/duppy?

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/12/2015 4:24:30 PM

Spirit/Soul is energy.

If we are all Energy and energy never dies - then it seems logical that this energy just changes form and shape.

InI ancestors were well aware of this. No spookism there! Just natural spiritual laws...

Messenger: KnowThySelf333 Sent: 11/12/2015 5:50:28 PM

Yeah entitities are real.
But through lack of understanding and excessive superstition religion has tried to say they are evil spirits or demons.But this is not true for all of them and there are many different ones.Harmless ones too.

The physical body is also spirit or energy and there is no difference between nothingness and matter as quantom physics shows us.

Just check the vibes and you will know if something or someone has malevolent obenevolent intention.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/12/2015 6:07:57 PM

Lol he asking specific about DUPPY. Not whether energies are transferred n thing

I personally don't deal in the idea of duppy. Yet and still, most jamaicans and people from the islands do. Take it how you wish. I am all for calling and drawing from certain ancestral spirits/energies but not in the form of floating duppy whe resemble the physical flesh.

Interesting story still. I been on many big plantations and never seen anything other than white supremacy

Peace

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/12/2015 7:26:19 PM

LOL! Seen!

White supremacy is a walking talking "duppy"!

And ini are the duppy conquerers!

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 11/12/2015 7:35:58 PM

Thats what it is there, white supremacy... it a sugarmill and this fellow was working there wha took the picture, I know him. I never really took it one way or the other, my has stories of sighting dem things tho. Many people here believe(d) in those things and oming up i was also taught to believe in it (very superstious people). This picture is almost like it coulda been a hanging. My grandfather actually lived there when he was young

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/13/2015 12:22:22 PM

The question was not specifically about duppy, but also about spirit and what happens when ini pass from the physical plane.

That is what I meant when mentioning that spirit (energy) doesn't die, but transforms.

And it is that very energy that is our ancestors. The spirit world in which they dwell. I once heard it said that native Americans believe that when we leave our footprints, we are leaving a print of our energy/spirit imprinted in the earth which can be "read" by those who have that Sight.

Perhaps that "print" can also be captured by photograph?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/13/2015 9:58:22 PM

Ancestral spirits/energies is something I Sight also. One thing for I though, is even though I seek the Truth to confirm the reality of things, I also have Faith, where when I Irits Sights something, I will accept it without physical proof if the Irits is strong enough. I have experienced over the years that it is usually to I benefit.

Even so, ancestral spirits/energies could be just as supernatural and unreal as the some of things the I them label as supernatural and unreal.

The energy doesn't die but just changes form argument isn't proof that a person's essence, spirit, soul, character, or whatever you want to call it, continues after a person's body dies. It is quite possible that all that a person is, is the workings of the brain in combination with the body, and when a person dies, their brain will continue to retain the information for a certain amount of time afterwards, until the brain can't hold it anymore. So a person's flesh decomposes through chemical reaction and becomes other chemicals compounds. Any energy that is released may be nothing more than the energy that is released by any natural chemical process and has nothing to do with our spirit, soul, etc.

Ancestral spirits/energies can not be proven any more than the existence of God.

Here is a Reasoning I made before.

===================
There are too many things to think about in Life than to worry about what happens in death.

I don't have a view on death, I view is on Life. I sight Life as Itinuing from generation to generation as One Life.

The reason I sight Life as Itinuing from generation to generation is because I can see this. I know it is reality because I experience it and see it happen around I.

I don't think too much about death and the after life because I have no memory of experiencing death, and I haven't had a glimpse of the afterlife. I have only heard stories about it. What I know for sure is Life, so that is where I spend most of I thought.

If I were to focus on one of the theories of death, which theory should I believe? The theory that appeals most to I, or the theory that appeals to most? I choose to focus on Life and leave theories to others.

From I reading of the Bible, I can see that it says that when you die you are dead, you don't transition to some spiritual realm and you don't go up in the sky. Where the tree falls, there shall it lie until judgement takes it's course. When judgement day comes, the living and the dead will be judged according to their works, and the righteous will Rise unto Life IverLiving and the wicked will fall to the second and final death. Even though the Bible speaks of death like this, most christians and jews think that their dead family and friends are in heaven watching over them. I am I ancestors and I ancestors are I, and I am I descendants and I descendants are I.

I don't need to focus on death or afterlife to Live for Jah, I don't need to focus on death or afterlife to appreciLove Life. And I don't need the hope of the afterlife to make I feel better about the family or friends that die. I work to change I ways and Live unto the Most High God Jah RasTafarI, not for a reward now, or for a reward in the afterlife. I work so, because this is the trod of Man, and I accept who I am.
=======================

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 11/13/2015 10:28:29 PM

Yes I, maybe I shoulda just titled it simpler " if ones n ones sight up dem things deh"
but I was thinking bout the other thread "before birth". Anyway tho the pic is looks clears and I know of many people who sight dem. A lot of times days before someone passes they'll see and communicate with someone who has passed already from my experience.
My uncle before he passed he said his brother (who had passed previously) came told him to pack his belongings because they were goin on a long trip.
My cousin before passing used to see and talk with his grandfather, who he said called him from up the road one day, when he said he had to go because his granpa was calling him, man had long passed.

Messenger: PurpleBlue Sent: 11/14/2015 4:25:12 AM

----------
Ancestral spirits/energies can not be proven any more than the existence of God.
----------

Right, and they are proven to the conscious.

Brother Ark I is right to focus on Life. Sight the I's life and passed ones as alive. Matter does not matter.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I