Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6220&start_row=11

where is the balance

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: royal dawta Sent: 9/28/2015 4:00:50 PM

Respect nd Love ini more light ini need it

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 9/28/2015 5:42:30 PM

Greetinz Royal Dawta,

I overstand where di I is coming from. Considering the grotesque INBALANCE between Divine Male/Female in most factors of every day life (history, law, education, relationships, etc), it is to no surprise that this too would have bled into RasTafari Nation.

There are many Rastas who don't believe that a woman can prophesize. The bible being guilty of teaching this nonsense. This goes directly against Afrikan Tradition and Spiritual Systems. There are Rastas who have taken on the King James teachings and simply dressed them up in Red, Gold and Green, but InI can still detect the stench of western patriarchy.

I'm not even going to touch the subject of death, who died and who didn't. Who deserves recognition in death and who doesn't.

It is their LIFE WORKS and SYMBOLISM as Divine King/Kween that InI should celebrate.

Give thanks.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/28/2015 8:16:13 PM

Blessed Love Royal Dawta,

The Reason why RasTafarI people Chant and say that Haile Selassie I is not dead, and not the same for Empress Menen, is not because of a man vs woman thing. And while some have a different view about Haile Selassie I Life in present times, RasTafarI people don't mean that Haile Selassie I spirit is alive or living within us. It is said in the very literal meaning that Haile Selassie is alive in flesh.

When Mengistu took control of Ethiopia, Haile Selassie I was held prisoner, then one night He disappeared and the next day Mengistu said he died the night before, but he had no body to show, because Haile Selassie didn't die. Empress Menen's passing wasn't a disappearance, her flesh truly did pass.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/28/2015 8:19:23 PM

In regards to the Balance between Man and Woman, this is what I sight

Man and Woman

Messenger: royal dawta Sent: 9/29/2015 12:06:49 AM

Ark I when u said RasTafarI people don't mean that Haile Selassie I spirit is alive or living within us.I find that not true .. Nuff say Selassie I liveth nd reighneth the Hearts of all flesh .. Selassie I is ata core and center nd heart of all ...

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/29/2015 10:16:40 AM

I said
-------
while some have a different view about Haile Selassie I Life in present times...
-------

Messenger: royal dawta Sent: 9/29/2015 11:08:44 AM

Perfect Peace Majesty

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 9/29/2015 11:40:13 AM

Blessed Love Empress I, give thankhs for the glory of Her Imperial Highness Mama Menen I. As I Ras Goddess mentions, I think in both cases it is the life and Ixample that I&I need to focus on. Personally I never think of anyone or anything as "dead", only gone from the physical body. So I dont have an issue with the statement that Menen I left the body. I dont have an issue with the possibility that Ras Tafari left the body either, although as many Idrens pointed out, this has not been shown to be the case and in fact cover ups reveal the situation is not as cut and dry as the situation of Menen I leaving flesh.
But we have to be careful not to turn this into a sex battle. In this Iwah, Inity is crucially needed between the sexes.
Ras Tafari culture is the only one I have experienced that gives honor as RASpect to wombman as an equally strong and able partner, not as a piece of property or someone to be responsible for as a child, but as an Lioness, an Empress, and a Goddess, and at the same time acknowledges the Fyah within Man and Man's Ibility to walk in autonomy and strength. Maybe the balance is not perfect but I see many strong Empresses emerging, and I see positivity in the gender relations within Ras Tafari. In the west I see men downgraded, made fun of and made to seem incapable of simple tasks, and women many times immasculating their husbands. In other cultures I see wombman is still downpressed and not allowed to make choices for herself. Ras Tafari Livity and culture show I&I the greatest balance so far, and I think this is something we should be praising. I never felt like just because people say Selahsie I Na Dead and dont mention the same about Menen I, that this is giving less RASpect to wombman than man.
In Iwombman sIght, it is not patriarchal that Ras Tafari's bones cannot be found, it is just the fact. Had the body and bones of Menen I gone missing before anyone confirmed she pass flesh, I&I would be saying the same thing about Menen I, and it would not be matriarchal to say so.
Oneness of Everything
Give thankhs for JAH love + life

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 9/29/2015 1:15:49 PM

What d Idem think bout the Indian guru wha claim say he met Selassie I in 1983?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/29/2015 8:52:59 PM

There is no way to know if he truly met Haile Selassie. All we know is that is what he claims.

I have heard about it before, but it never caught I interest too much. People can claim anything.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I