Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6218&start_row=1

Continuation

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Matthew Sent: 9/24/2015 11:02:27 PM

if we are a continuation of our forefathers life's and works should we be accountable for the mistakes of our parents. Should the children pay for the sins of their fathers? if this is the case how far back should this accountability go?

Blessed Love

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 9/25/2015 2:31:55 AM

till you clear the karma

Messenger: KnowThySelf333 Sent: 9/25/2015 6:59:02 AM

All babies are born innocent.
I dont believe that if a baby dies it is because of his fathers.Unless literally.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 9/25/2015 1:44:44 PM

The Bible ( yes ) says the sins of the father shall be visited on the children onto the 4th generation

I agree. Whether conscious of it or not. For example, due to the life stressors and poor dietary regime of InI through slavery.....InI people are now prone to diseases like diabetes, hypertension etc more than any other group EVEN if we ourselves eat and live healthily.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/25/2015 2:44:41 PM

Not exactly, the scriptures say

--------------
visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
--------------

If children continue in wickedness, they will pay for their sins and the sins of their parents, but if they turn unto Jah, their sin and their father's sin will not be mentioned, and they will Live in Righteousness. Here is a Reasoning I made before.

==========================
And it makes no difference how I and I lived in the past, because Jah forgives all iniquity of those that turn to him. The requirement of Jah is for I and I to live in his way, today, and in the future. He doesn't require this from the past. So as long as I and I have breath in our body, I and I is still given the opportunity to turn to Jah, and be One with Jah.

In Ezekiel it says,
---------------------------------------
Ezekiel 18
[14] Now, lo, if he beget a son, that seeth all his father's sins which he hath done, and considereth, and doeth not such like,
[15] That hath not eaten upon the mountains, neither hath lifted up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, hath not defiled his neighbour's wife,
[16] Neither hath oppressed any, hath not withholden the pledge, neither hath spoiled by violence, but hath given his bread to the hungry, and hath covered the naked with a garment,
[17] That hath taken off his hand from the poor, that hath not received usury nor increase, hath executed my judgments, hath walked in my statutes; he shall not die for the iniquity of his father, he shall surely live.
[18] As for his father, because he cruelly oppressed, spoiled his brother by violence, and did that which is not good among his people, lo, even he shall die in his iniquity.
[19] Yet say ye, Why? doth not the son bear the iniquity of the father? When the son hath done that which is lawful and right, and hath kept all my statutes, and hath done them, he shall surely live.
[20] The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
[21] But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
[22] All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.
[23] Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?
[24] But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.
[25] Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal?
---------------------------------------

Livity

==========================

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 9/25/2015 5:51:56 PM

I don't personally get caught up in the biblical LITERAL translations (or MIStranslations)

The way I sight it, all is energy. Energy doesn't "die", it simply recycles and transforms. Energy, like DNA, is passed down to our children/future, and can be transformed and manifested through dis-ease of the body, mind or spirit.

The state of mind/body/spirit of the mother and father during conception will naturally transfer to the child. As Time is an illusion, this doesn't necessarily mean to that particular child, but may skip generations and manifest itself down the line

Its just that simple....and DIVINE.

I don't need Matthew, Marc, "Jesus", Ezekiel and dem to give me countless scriptures to teach me what JAH NATURAL CREATION shows InI every day. I speak of personal preference, but to each his/her own.

One Love

Messenger: KnowThySelf333 Sent: 9/25/2015 5:54:15 PM

I see a bit confusion on this topic in the bible too.
How can we rely on the bible when it comes to knowing whats right if the same book has so many contradictions.Like eating on the mountains (what?) and idol worship is against the creator but killing and destroying other nations with both women and children is 'righteous' and even commanded by the creator.

The question arises,do we really need to look to this book in order to find understanding?

I think we can use some wisdom from all such books if we are spiritually mature enough to think for ourselves but we dont have to rely on it when it comes to how life works or what is right or wrong.Look how much harm that has already brought to the world because of fools who let the books master them.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 9/25/2015 7:36:26 PM

Ark I
Thanks for clearing up my bible reference its been a minute lol. I see the only difference between what I said was that the bible suggests if one turns to Jah then all iniquity from the fore parents will be erased or no longer effect the children. But let's look at that........You don't think the way your great grandparents behaved, ate and lived their life has ANY effect on you now? From a strict biological standpoint. Even if you live ital and turn to Jah...... Your DNA and genetic makeup is already affected.

The Maafa have very real and objective genetic and mental effects from the diet and lifestyle of InI foreparents in slavery. PTSD is very real, on many levels.

How I and I live now, will affect de I children's children in some way

Edit: note that I strictly mean in terms of livity. Not that ones children's children's children will be punished for de I dem praising other 'Gods' and 'discovering their fathers nakedness' like the bible says. Livity And health I a deal with strictly

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 9/25/2015 7:45:05 PM

KnowThySelf. :)

Bredda I see de I Fire

There is a very very long thread entitled 'Burn JC and Burn the Bible' in which all of your biblical concerns are rightfully expressed..... And then some. Suggest u check it out and maybe reup!

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 9/25/2015 8:40:03 PM

A few more thoughts on energy and its effect on the body/DNA.

We overstand that our bodies are over 70% water (blood) which is the “river” or “bridge” which connects us to our ancestors and contains our future generations. Our thoughts/actions set up a pattern in our cellular make-up. Our DNA carries genetic memories which are handed down generation after generation.

InI also overstand the effects of Word, Sound and Power.

INTENTION is the TRUE power behind Afrikan Spiritual Systems and Scienz.

Considering all of the above, I find the following both awesome and relevant to this reasoning. The same way water is affected, so is our very own blood/DNA.

“Half of the earth is water; our body is three-quarters water. Water represents the interface between the 4th dimension in which we live and the 5th dimensional sphere of our soul. Many studies have shown subtle effects of healers upon hydrogen bonding and infrared absorption of water. None of these scientific studies can compare with the beauty and clear messages shown by Dr. Emoto’s elegant work. The impact of thought and beauty has never before been demonstrated so well.”

Dr. Masaru Emoto discovered that crystals formed in frozen water reveal changes when specific, concentrated thoughts are directed toward them. He found that water from clear springs and water that has been exposed to loving words shows brilliant, complex, and colorful snowflake patterns. In contrast, polluted water, or water exposed to negative thoughts, forms incomplete, asymmetrical patterns with dull colors.

Now consider the biological and metaphysical principles in the “Pearl” (DNA) that is spoken of in the Kebra Negast:

Ethiopian literature documents a legend to the effect that when god made Adam He placed in his body a "Pearl" or "Seed" which He intended should pass from Adam into the bodies of a series of holy men, one after the other, until the appointed time when it should enter the body of Mary, and form the substance of her 1st born
"None of you who shall have carried the Pearl shall be destroyed, and whether it be your men or your women, those who shall have carried the Pearl shall not be destroyed. For the Pearl shall be carried by the men who shall be righteous, and the women who have carried the Pearl shall not be destroyed, for they shall become pure through that Pearl, for it is holy and pure, and by it they shall be made holy and pure; and for its sake and for the sake of Zion…”

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I