Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6215&start_row=1

Is It Possible To Escape?

1 - 1011 - 15
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 9/21/2015 6:57:07 AM

Im absolutaly sick and tired of living in the centre of babylon. the pressure to do all kind of things not everyone was made for. the depression caused by the fact that you arent really free at all. the double standards and the poison babylon deals with. the manipulation. i cant take it anymore. but what are our options?

some people say that their clearly is an alternative. buying some land would only cost around 5000 dollers so many people would be able to buy a piece of land and to take care of their own. but i think this concept is very, very naive.

if i buy a piece of land, what happens next? i would be all alone and how is it possible to meet girls, to meet friends if you are the only one who live like that far, far away?

you have to live without ANYTHING. no heater, no washing machine, no computer, no stereo. even no electricity. sometimes i`m even willing to do so. but that means that youre the only person living in the middle of nowhere without the daily support of anybody.

you have to leave your family behind.

if you put a guy from the west on a piece of land i also dont know what the heck im even doing there. you have to learn how to be a farmer at first.

so what do you think? is it possible to find a community or a way to live on your own land nowadays?

if i was a father, my children were a little bit older and i would have electricity and certain knowledge somehow i would do it without thinking twice. but i think your only options are to work and have depressions or to do nothing and live with emptyness and people who think youre a "bum".

politicians and the church are the real mafia.

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 9/21/2015 12:39:31 PM

Well, indigenous cultures had it right.

Yes, it is possible to "escape". Firstly, don't expect to change everything at once; it is a journey.

But I do feel your pain. Living is Babylon isn't easy at all, and being different is even harder.

If you want to, you could try and make some positive changes, for example;

Look around to see if there are any local allotments, and apply for one. Nothing will be instant; everything is part of the journey. For example, when you first get it, you might want to strim the weeds, rotivate it, and then rake up the dead material. Perhaps make a compost.

It is highly unlikely you will be able to grow enough for you to live on, on your singular plot, especially at first. So, for everything else you could try, if you don't already, to buy all of your fruit and veg organic.

I'm not sure if you work, but if you do an outdoor job gardening, for example is much more natural than an office job.

Go to bed early each night, to avoid using alarm clocks.

------------------------------------------

I realize, just like me, you feel you don't belong in this culture. I can't pretend it is easy.

But don't be hard on yourself; it is best to take baby steps into making some positive changes. It is very easy to want immediate and complete emancipation from Babylon, physical and spiritual. This may take time.

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: KnowThySelf333 Sent: 9/21/2015 1:28:23 PM

A 9-5 is not the way I see a human being is supposed to live.
There are philosophers and people like Bertrand Russel who have spoken against such a system and explained that people should work only about 4 hours a day.
The world is ridicolous to the point that if a new technology is developed wich can do something humans work to do but only say have of the work can be done by it,the company will not give the 20 employees 4 hours of work but it will fire 10 employees and leave the other 10 to continue 9-5.And mentality like this in term also causes unemployment etc...
I basically see this "Hard work is a virtue " thing as another enslavement of the poor masses by the rich with the common tool called religion.

Sure its difficult to live in the system and have to survive in the ratrace but you can only deal with what can be done and leave the rest to Jah.Deppresions and emptiness can be related to the external situation yes,but there is a deeper joy to be found through looking within and realizing our first world problems are not that serious if our spirit is right.

Didnt really understand the bum part,because if one was to do nothing one is either the rich guys who can afford to be idle or one is literally a bum and not only thought of as a bum.
Only other possibilty I see is someone on welfare but they arent really that poor to have to be thought of as bums.Though thats no escape either.

Firm.

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 9/21/2015 2:35:56 PM

oh yes. i work. always did during my adult life. at first, i was following my job in the food industry (pastries), then i was questioning those baked goods and the way the company has treated their employees and i became a student. ive improved my graduation from fachabitur, which is translated as "vocational baccalaureate diploma" (dont know if this is really the same thing in england and elsewhere), to abitur (a level) and i became a student. now i work in an office where i have to organize orders and delivery (stuff like flour).

give thanks for the advices!

humbleone. im not sure if gardening is such a healthy job. the workers risk to get skin cancer for example is a dangerous thing. im sure most of them have a little pain in their back as well.

of course i avoid to read modern novels, to play video games and things like monopoly (a wrong example of capitalism to me), i dont gamble, i dont watch hollywood movies or international productions in the cinema, i dont rent movies for pure entertainment, i dont have a radio, i dont visit main stream festivals and i dont follow gossip news. i try to avoid materialism and i dont have a gun nor a knife. i never visit a solarium. im a vegan italist. i careful about grain (phytic acid) and non-organic food as well. i check fair trade shops. i try to sleep and eat right.

but thats not enough to me. if they want to poison me, they can do so. if you believe in chemtrails or not. i just like to be as free as possible.

yes, knowtheyself. 9 to 5 is a babylon concept. if you have 1000 dollers, the bank can give you 10 000 dollers. thats their business. and those 10 000 dollers come out of knowhere. if the mafia do things like this its a crime but banks can do it everyday. to pay them back we have to work harder and harder and sell other things while the rich are getting richer. they control everything. we always want to have more money to buy things we dont need to impress people we dont like.

i think that many guys who live in big cities (like i am) see even farmers and people who live without the latest high tech products as bums. i bet for some teenagers youre already a bum if you havent the latest iphone. at least here in germany.

i just take it easy and do what im able to do...

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 9/21/2015 3:14:02 PM

"humbleone. im not sure if gardening is such a healthy job. the workers risk to get skin cancer for example is a dangerous thing. im sure most of them have a little pain in their back as well."

What you do is completely up to you, I would just love to discuss the point you made here regarding sunshine.

Fair point about the back pain, I'm just wondering about the sunshine. Humans have existed with the sunshine for many, many hundreds of thousands of years. I'm not talking about baking all day long in fierce sun, just I think that humans NEED sun, and that it is a natural thing to get.

Do all of the indigenous cultures of the world slap on sunscreen everyday? What about Rasta Camps? I would doubt that they use the artificial sunscreens. Perhaps they cover up, though.

Personally, I would argue that a healthy balance is the best depending upon your skin colour and your geographical location.

Infact, I would say, if anything, humans get far, far less sunshine than they need today because by default they go to schools, where they are inside for pretty much the entire day bar games lessons. And office jobs too.

I would love just to know others views about sun exposure on here. At the moment, I am doing a gardening course and generally am outside almost all the day everday. But rarely in direct sun; generally partial shade. And I live in dark and rainy England. I mean, I can't tell you the long term effect of the sun exposure, but I would think if anything I would be more worried about not getting it.

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 9/21/2015 3:31:40 PM

yes. of course it wasnt meant to be insulting. many people have to work like machines nowadays. and the whole system was originally designed to make the lives of each and everyone better and more comfortable. so the 9 to 5 thinks is OFTEN a trick of babylon to destroy us and get rich through us.

im not a cancer expert. but i think too much sun can be dangerous. of course it has nothing to do with racism, but from what i believe now is that especially black people (in rasta camps) have a natural sun tan. their skin.

if im outside i always hide from the sun at some point. i think everything on earth needs the sun. thats why people came up with sun idols. the sun is seen as the source of life. but i think 20 minutes a day a completely enough for us when it comes to sunshine. at least without much clothes and protection.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 9/21/2015 4:09:18 PM

I once saw a program where Europeans were in Ethiopia and couldnt stand walking in the sun witout nearly dehydrating but the Ethiopians worked hard in it, so it depends on a person genetic make how much they need or can take

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 9/21/2015 4:21:05 PM

true. i only was in africa one time. but i remember when i was in north africa as a child, like even in turkey, i couldnt walk on the sand. my parents had to carry me. even they ran over the hot sand and they couldnt take the sun.

i think white people are a little bit more sensitive. its just natural. ven in south europe, spain for example, they wont work between 1 and 5 o clock pm usually. if they have to build or repair a street for example, they always do it at night from what i know.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 9/21/2015 11:56:53 PM

Re skin and sun exposure.

White skin is 70x more likely to have sun exposure caused cancer than black skin. The UV radiation from the sun is split into UV A with a long wavelength and UV B with a short wavelength. The UVB is able to penetrate your DNA and cause mutations leading to skin cancer. UVB is absorbed and eradicated by melanin/melanosomes. Black people have larger melanosomes, a larger number of melanosomes (3-6x) and larger proportion of eumelanin.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2671032/

So I wouldn't recommend europeans looking at this subject and thinking 'well those (black) RASTA camps are seemingly in the sun for long periods without protection and they seem ok' and applying that to yourself.

This is healthy for black people as there is much more protection against the DNA changing UVB. And the little UVB that does get through is used to produce vitamin D. People with a smaller proportion of melanosomes and eumelanin can produce the same level of vitamen D in a shorter time of sun exposure as any longer will result in too much UVB getting through.

Don't compare yourself to africans when dealing with sun exposure

More melanin reaearch please

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 9/22/2015 2:18:45 AM

^Thanks, GA. I completely agree.

But I am not necessarily talking about black skin vs white skin in the same location... not at all.

But, I was talking about it relatively. Ie a black skinned person living in Ethiopia, a white skinned person living in cold and dark England.

I think for both, it is beneficial to spend time outdoors in their relative locations.

And obviously, were I to live Ethiopia, I would need to exercise extreme caution when in the sun, simply because my skin isn't built for it.

But what do you think of moderate and regular (not excessive) sun exposure, as and in itself (ie not regarding skin colour; this is presuming that you are talking about a white person in England, and a Black person in Africa, lets say)?

Best wishes,

Joe

1 - 1011 - 15

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I