Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6199&start_row=1

I cut my locks, will Jah forsake me?

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ZIonChild Sent: 9/4/2015 8:47:38 PM

I had to cut my locks because I am in the welding program, for fear of safety reasons whether valid or not. Do you think Jah will forsake me or not bless I anymore?

thanks..Bless

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 9/4/2015 9:34:42 PM

i tell you no lies. im not african. im a european. but from what i can tell you now the will of jah can be found when we listen to our inner voice. no roman catholic prayer itself will set us free. no man made rasta rules neither. if you did it with a clean heart i think there will be space for mercy. because you did it for a special reason. so its ok. just follow your heart and mind.

blessings

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 9/4/2015 10:10:29 PM

H.I.M did not have locs.

You don't have to have locs to be RasTa. It is a way of life that is worn in your heart and actions.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 9/4/2015 11:26:46 PM

U chose to or was it a requirement of the program?

Messenger: ZIonChild Sent: 9/4/2015 11:37:06 PM

It was a choice, because my welding helmet would keep coming loose, and it would be dangerous, if it kept coming loose while sparks and flames are near my face

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 9/6/2015 12:39:40 AM

I don't think Jah forsakes anybody, people forsake Jah.

Messenger: ZIonChild Sent: 9/11/2015 9:28:54 PM

Lets hope. We'll see at the gates
Bless.

Messenger: KnowThySelf333 Sent: 9/20/2015 11:54:10 AM

Its not about cutting hair but about breaking a vow.
If no vow was made then why should there be worries...

Messenger: Evison Matafale Skræling Sent: 9/23/2015 2:42:15 PM

Blessed Love Zion child,
As important and connected with the movement as the wearing of locks is, though, it is not deemed necessary for, or equivalent to true faith. "Not every dread is a Rasta and not every Rasta is a dread..."; "It's not the dread upon your head, but the love inna your heart, that mek ya Rastaman" (Sugar Minott); and as Morgan Heritage sings: "You don't haffi dread to be Rasta...", and "Children of Selassie I, don't lose your faith; whether you do or don't have your locks pon yuh head..." Some Rastafari may eschew dreadlocks,either as a means of avoiding persecution or for practical reasons, especially in as they may be a liability in many industrial jobs as it may get trapped in machinery.

Mo`a Anbesa Ze'imnegede Yihuda

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 10/8/2020 3:41:32 AM

I agree with KnowThySelf333

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I