Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6190&start_row=1

Baye Fall: Dreadlock-Mystic Muurs of Senegal

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 8/18/2015 9:23:54 PM

The Baye Fall Brotherhood is a Sufi Islamic sect founded by Mame Cheikh Ibrahima Fall – “the Light”. He met Sufi Cheik Ahmadou Bamba who was protesting the French colonialism, in 1892 and became his disciple. Whilst in orthodox Islam, every follower is directly in touch with Allah, in Senegal relationships with God are mostly channeled through various religious leaders. Cheikh Amadou Bamba, the founder of the Mouride Brotherhood, is an iconic figure in Senegal. His name and portrait are painted on many buildings, stickers, taxi windows, necklaces, and t-shirts. Every February, more than two million followers go to Touba, a holy city in Senegal,where Bamba lived, worked, and died. This event, the Grand Magal celebrates the leader’s return from exile in 1907 after having been banished for 20 years by the French.

According to my Baye Fall friend, Massamba, the Brotherhoods mission is similar to the sun and the moon. It has never stopped from beginning of creation until today. Whatever gives nausea to the vulture, makes the hyena vomit, if it comes to the Baye Fall, they will purify it. Baye Fall is being at one with ones energy, through devotion and action, undertaking all work as prayer. Sometimes, as I had experienced, they beg and they own nothing. Instead of Islamic rituals such as fasting and prayer, they perform hard labour. They sing all night in a circle and rotate counter clockwise, the key into “the other time”. The circle is the journey back to ones self. There is no beginning, no end. There is only one.

Messenger: Cy-ko-bro Sent: 8/19/2015 1:46:27 PM

Give thanks RastaGoddess, I have always found the Baye Fall Ispirational since I first met some of their order about 10 years ago... I have to take issue with one part of your reasoning though... I would be careful what you attribute to "orthodox Islam" and what you don't... The British and others have cultivated many political factions within Islam leading to the tensions seen today... most of those who reject the Baye Fall are following British inventions... this is not to say that there are no innovations in Baye Fall however the path of surrendering to Allah through first surrendering to a sufi Sheikh has been a part of Islam since its inception... this traditional golden chain stretching back to Muhammad (pbuh) himself is what the British sought to disrupt in order to break up Islam's power... they either tried to control the Sheikhs or incite others to revolt against them... this has led directly to the shituation we see today...

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 8/19/2015 3:29:46 PM

Give thanks Cy-ko-bro for the information!

Each One Teach One!

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 8/20/2015 6:54:20 PM

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 8/20/2015 11:16:54 PM

Give Thanks for the information. The Irits of the Baye Fall are very similar to RasTa.

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 8/22/2015 5:47:30 PM

never heard of it. give thanks!

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I