Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6180&start_row=21

The Kemetic Origins Of Fictional Characters

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 86
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 8/4/2015 8:25:39 PM

Ahhhh... so due to geographical or cultural reasons, one becomes selective as to exactly how one "follows H.I.M"...

I see.

Let us imagine for a moment, that we were not behind a computer, and that you came upon a Rasta gathering, predominantly (if not completely) made up of African descendants...and found us reasoning on Kemet, on the many fallacies of western Christianity, would you so readily "bun fire" upon us?

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 8/4/2015 8:46:56 PM

Burn fire upon the idea that there are Fictional teachings of H.I.M.

If I was apart of that reasoning and asked; I would state the view point I have.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 8/4/2015 8:52:16 PM

Anything and anyone can exist in literature!

At least Kemet left images of said characters and sculptures of persons and tombs and bodies for verification

InI dnt look to 2000 year old characters as reality just ideas and concepts, it too far removed for I to be of certainty. Much of there time has no place in this time or for sure this Iwa has no bearing in dat deh iwa. How does Yeshua relate to I dealing with white supremacy in this time ya?

InI have I warriors, prophets, priests, I Queen Mothers and I Kings in this time some have pass and some live on and some are rising. InI is in this iwa dealin wit this iwa

Yes I gi thanks Queen Iman read dem deh in dem blacked out thru whitewash series

Jesus himself taught lessons thru fictions, fictional parables

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 8/4/2015 9:31:19 PM

There are a few things to be clarified, which has become repetitive, not only on this board, but by European descendants who choose to adopt Black philosophies/movements. There is always a sense of arrogance along with a deeply ingrained sense of “superiority” coming from Europeans whenever they come in contact with Black movements, as is sadly typical of their nature and history, which forces them to want to thief our way of life, then turn around and preach the “true” way of life as they interpret it. How indecent, insulting, ironic and offensive coming from a people who have a history of being cultural thieves.

Rasta has been here from the time the Foundation of Creation was laid and was known in Kush/Kemet long before HIM, or its rebirth in Jamaica. That Divine Consciousness and Livity has been resurrected and rebirthed several times since the beginning of time. Such is the nature of energy. It never dies, it simply transforms and re-manifests itself.

1. It has always been and will always be a BLACK movement, born out resistance to European supremacy and colonialism.

2. Had it not been for the Honorable Marcus Garvey and the spirit of Nyabingi which shaped the consciousness which emerged as Rasta, many wouldn’t have even known about HIM.

3. HIM is the Black Messiah who appeared in the flesh for the redemption of all blacks exiled in the world of white oppressors. The movement views Ethiopia as the promised land, where Black people will be repatriated through an exodus (mentally, spiritually and physically) from the Western world where they have been in exile (slavery).

4. Repatriation is a must.

5. Rastafari asks the question that has always been uncomfortable for many, and the question is WHERE DO YOU STAND IN RELATION TO BLACKNESS?

6. True Rastas are African people. It's a Black Power Movement and, therefore, you must speak about African history. You must speak about the history of your people.

Now...let us continue with the original spirit/intent of this thread.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 8/4/2015 10:13:30 PM

I never said that 'my way' is better.. Only that the Truth of Yahshua Ha-Moshiach can be attained perfectly through the Teachings of H.I.M..

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 8/4/2015 10:48:49 PM

Truthful sista. De problem with people like Hemphill is dat dem are fighting against de very cause of de RASTA trod yet dem are claiming RASTA. What I man realy can't overs is how can a white man like Hemphill have a right to tell I fellow Black brothers & sistas to stop teaching about I & I Black Istory. De name of His Majesty has become a weapon used by slave masters' descendents to fight against Black Idemtion. RASTA people haffe grow out of de fictional ideas about HIM. Real truth haffe reveal

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 8/5/2015 12:36:16 AM

Forward Rasta Goddess. Don't let the
christians detract from your highly
valid perspective.

True Dat G.A.Xtians in Rastafari neva fail to amaze I.

So if Rasta a to praise wat H.I.M praise,then how many Gods do Rasta praise.

We have said it many times before,Seĺ;assie I neva start the Rasta movemant and neither did H.I.M seh HIM God,but Rasta as a people who know themSelf seh its HIM who is God not wat the Man praise.

I see dat confusion evrywhere

As HIM seh,"we shud nt confuse spirituality with relygan"

Forward mi RastaGoddess,neva let Xtians or religious fanatics stop the I

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 8/5/2015 3:32:10 AM

i agree with that. galong, rastagodess. respect. we need no argument.

slowly but surely it dawns on me that i stand somewhere in the middle.

personally i wouldnt say "yes! this is exactly the way they came up with the diffrent religions" but theres no smoke without a fire. the comment of black heart was perfect to me. thats what i wanted to write in the first place. not everything the bible says is legit espcially nowadays. i dont know where each and everything thats written in the bible is coming from. what they have distorted or not. what they have done. but when it comes to the content itself its all about theories.

but i know that rastagodess wants to free rasta from fanatics and so do i and i say even though im not completely, absolutely convinced that everything in the bible isnt true from beginning to end i have respect for kemetic believes, their history and i know that europeans have distorted kemetic history as well.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 8/5/2015 4:11:03 AM

Fair enough Mohammed
But surely Black Bilal isn't fictional? He reigned for some 50+ years and has a number of verified accounts of him.

Despite him being so crucial to the foundation of the thing, many a arab Muslim stil refuse to acknowledge him because of his time as a 'slave'

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 8/5/2015 8:07:58 AM

if rasta means to COPY HIM all of us would be emperor of ethiopia.
so HIM can live without locks and a vegan diet.

if every rasta should follow the teachings of HIM then there would only be ehtiopian othodox church members instead of dreadlocks.
HIM was a great personality and we can LEARN from HIM but rasta is no religion and everybody can be spiritual on his own and the words of HIM can lead to many interpretations. maybe not only one way is valid.

rastagodess is right. rasta breathes "african carribean" and ancient african culture. rasta is about certain black personalities. rasta means overcoming white supremacy. rasta means repatriation. rasta means to hold on to your african culture. rasta means being conscious. rasta means to follow another lifestyle than the babylonian lifestyle of the west. true rastas are black. black activists have started it. i try to be humble and take the teachings of righteousness out of rasta to follow this lifestyle to escape from the world my fellow whites have created and i support the movement.

africa for black africans. europe for europeans. but africa should be the capital of the world. or less political it should be worshipped the most maybe. because maybe africa is the source of life and africa is the root of mankind. so many great things come from africa. no race itself is better. a black and a white baby are equally blessed as innocent creatures. your skin color doesnt matter. rasta is breathing black culture and its representing this truth like nothing else at the same time. this concept is the key to righteousness to me.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 86

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I