Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6180&start_row=11

The Kemetic Origins Of Fictional Characters

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 86
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 8/4/2015 1:25:42 PM

How can you ask that question while avoiding the question of how can Hemphill follow the teachings, specifically those dealing with religious belief; when His Majesty was head of a church which denounces HIM as Jah a diety or CHRIST. You act as though the EOC have a Gray area in their doctrine allowing for the worship of His Majesty as I or as I God when it is not so. The Rastafari doctrine and the EOC religious 'teachings' do not run 100% in parallel there is a point for even the most CHRISTIAN and bible sympathetic RASTA, when the two cross paths

Your question makes no sense without this being first cleared up. Then I would be happy to answer your question. I will say that the writings and public speeches of Haile SELASSIE are not the be all and end all of WHY rasta do what them do and think how them think. No direct teaching or speech or even religious book 1st brought about Ital livity or locks.

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 8/4/2015 1:52:54 PM

some say HIM is god. some even say HIM is a biblical prophet or even yeshua/ jesus. i think you can even say rasta is a pagan trod like ga and of course you are still a rasta. so i think thats not worth a question too.

but if hemphill follow jesus, he follows jesus.

i dont see the problem. only if you start labelling the problems of ignorance will show up.

i believe in an almighty god without beeing an advocate of any religion. i really think yeshua could have existed in this world. but the repatriation movement of rasta with its teachings is where we find TOGETHER and i think we all care about africa and african history as something which is very important to give us the right knowledge about many things and thats what we should focus on.

rastagodess and ga has told us what they think is true. we should think about it. not burn it. if we disagree we disagree. kemet has so much to give. but we must respect africa and see the whole picture of rasta knowledge.

i understand that it is shocking to see some non christian rastas talking about this deeps thing if you are used to taLk to rastas who believ ei nthe bible but rasta is rasta and we must progress. everybody has his way.

believe what you want but respect africa and respect tolerant people of other believes.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 8/4/2015 2:05:29 PM

The answer to your question GARVEYS AFRICA: Berhane Selassie became Christened/Anointed -- not by the E.O.C per say -- but by the Teachings of His Imperial Majesty as it pertains to Yahshua Ha-Moshiach. Robert Nesta Marley perfected his knowledge, the faithful fulfillment of the TRUTH of H.I.M and was anointed, thus 'passing on' as a Christened Ras Tafari. If I could emulate and attain this, it would be an honor of all honors.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 8/4/2015 2:14:53 PM

You see that still doesn't answer. Unless your saying although being aligned with he didn't agree with all of the teachings of the EOC and still saw His Majesty as Jah. Or whether Marley converted to traditional EOC beliefs and not Rastafari during his later years we don't know? Either or, im asking you...... By declaring Rastafari you are disagreeing to some extent with the official teachings of His Majesty church. If you want to follow his majesty teachings to the T then you would stop declaring His Majesty and align your religious convictions with that of His Majesty church. It that simple

Just because Marley joined the Church doesn't mean Rastafari and EOC are one and the same in core religious belief. I would also say the religious convictions of a man in the latter stage of his life as he is preparing to pass...... Would not override the significance of the man ideology and spirituality during the majority of his living and his life works; being unmistakeably and uniquely RastafarI. Planno never tell anybody to join EOC

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 8/4/2015 3:37:11 PM

Big up RastaGoddess fe de teachings of Kemet. De bible is fraud.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 8/4/2015 3:37:36 PM

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 8/4/2015 3:37:58 PM

Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 8/4/2015 5:00:04 PM

My lord and empress
Ethiopia is the root,neither Kemet or the bible,let each one have their freedom and be tolerant,you can show a man HIM through Kemet,the Bible and other means,if a man knows the bible and is trapped in it you can show him himself using the same book that enslaved him says the Black Christ Holy Emmanuel I Selassie I Jah Rastafari.King Emmanuel say the only religion for the blackman is FREEDOM,REDEMPTION and REPATRIATION. The only thing will save us Love and unity.Marcus Garvey say put your religion and beliefs aside.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 8/4/2015 7:15:09 PM

Hemphill,

Are you a mason?
Do you eat beef?
Do you read your bible in Ge'ez?
Do you attend EOC?
Do you celebrate the same festivals and traditions of the EOC?
Do you study the Gospel of Miriam?
Do you fully support the Organization of AFRICAN unity?

All the above (and the list goes on) are things HIM did.

Do you?

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 8/4/2015 7:51:10 PM

A one does not have to DO everything H.I.M did as King of Holy Ethiopia to be able to emulate the Character and Grace of H.I.M. whilst following His Wisdom and Teachings. It is the Truth of Spirit and Action that is transcendentally acknowledged and honored. Simply, I am not a Head of Country and thus I will never be able to do exactly as He does. I dont think anyone is pretending to be able to... All that I am saying is that a one can come to such perfection in knowledge of the Teachings of H.I.M that a Ras Tafari can be Christened/Anointed within the Truth of H.I.M. Berhane Selassie did it via E.O.C. To emulate said perfection of knowledge is IandI goal. To do this, I study and follow the Teachings of H.I.M. -- Did H.I.M teach IandI to join specifically the E.O.C ? -- H.I.M Qedamawi Haile Selassie: "But he must realize that the Bible is his refuge, and the rallying point for all humanity. In it man will find the solution of his present difficulties and guidance for his future action, and unless he accepts with clear conscience the Bible and its great Message, he cannot hope for salvation."

Saying that ALL of the Bible is a fraud and that ALL of its messages are of Fictional Characters then it appears that you are proclaiming that H.I.M is deceiving IandI by clearly teaching us to Know the Bible through the Black Lord and Saviour Yahshua Ha-Moshiach. I cannot get down with that.....

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 86

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I