Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6170&start_row=1

Organ Donation

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 39
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Lemuel II Sent: 7/23/2015 9:43:46 PM

Can the I donate organs?

Messenger: Ras Raza Sent: 7/23/2015 10:01:07 PM

Iman dont endorse it

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 7/23/2015 11:44:24 PM

Organ donation has proven to be very vital in sufferation iwa of organ failure. Many lives bn saved through it

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 7/24/2015 2:50:09 AM

yeah. ive mentioned it in the ital food thread already. maybe youve read about it.

i still dont know. i have to think about certain spiritual arguments. i dont know how the soul is really connected to the organs you know.

i think when it comes to what we can see it is just a good thing and you will find no holly book which is against it i think but sometimes we have to listen to our inner voice.

Messenger: Ras Raza Sent: 7/24/2015 3:36:15 AM

true I concur

Messenger: Ras Raza Sent: 7/24/2015 3:36:49 AM

but I still wouldn't be a organ donor Iself

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 7/24/2015 11:09:23 AM

The Hare Krishna Bhagavad Gita is against organ donation in a similar manner as I described in the Ital cooking thread.

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 7/24/2015 11:51:50 AM

alright.

i think its ok if youre not a donor.

i believe in gods prophets. and i think one of them would have spoken about things like that or there would be a rule to see that this is necessary and everybody should do it.

even if they have distorted the bible, there is no reason why somebody who doesnt do this might be a sinner.

and if the church wants to tell you that you have to do it im especially careful.

i think its strange that the state wants us so to do it so badly.

there are even a couple of horror flicks about people who have organs of strangers in their bodies and its like they are obsessed. their souls are connected after the surgery. i know that hollywood only uses things that are based on real life facts and they love to cause spiritual confusion and fear.

so i think we cant trust everybody. i dont know what they do to my organs.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 7/24/2015 1:38:34 PM

Yes, the 'state' wants us to donate organs.. Go into a DMV to get a drivers license and you can see just how hard they push it.. There are even black market organ harvesting circles.. People waking up in tubs of ice with their spleens taken from them so that a rich person can get life extension while little children who need the organs get put on a waiting list until they whither away... Beside the soul not being able to complete the passing of flesh process once death occurs and the life organs are preserved, it just isn't an Ital practice right now.. I can see how it has positive potential -- if devils weren't running the industry -- But I remain against it.

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 7/24/2015 2:48:34 PM

No, I am against it too. I seem to remember reading somewhere that in Traditional Chinese medicine, the person's spirit is believed to reside in the organs. Taking someone else's just seems totally un natural.

I think the problem is that modern science focuses too much on preserving the flesh and not enough on preserving the soul.

All the best,

Joe

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 39

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I