Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6161&start_row=81

Yoga

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 126
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 10/29/2015 7:25:09 PM

Excellent share righteous Lioness!! Give thankhs again + again.

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 10/30/2015 7:19:07 AM

selassie i deal with christ and heartical meditation. gong deal with herb and nyahbinghi. why were kemet people destroyed by the flood?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/30/2015 7:55:19 AM

LOL

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 10/30/2015 10:33:53 AM

kemet religion did not save kemet ppl from the flood; King Noah's Lord saved him and his family.
Anyway people have a right to worship as they please. I am not recruiting or begging anyone to join my religion.
Respect and love and blessing to the Yogis.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 10/30/2015 12:23:45 PM

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 10/30/2015 3:26:14 PM

John Israel,

We Afrikan Rasta will be more than happy to address the European misCONception of Kemet, floods, etc...but first, let us deal with the subject of this thread, to which you made the following comment:
"Selasi I doh nid yoga. him doh need fi "balance energy flow"coh even weh him dung yah so de creation keep running in perfect order"
But in HIM words…

'...If it were not for Yoga and its various stages...imagine how much poorer the Western mind would be.....'-- HIM Haile Selassie I, Calcutta 1967

This is why it is important to speak wisely, from an informed foundation, as opposed to emotional reactions based in fanaticism, even if dressed up in Red, Gold and Green.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 10/30/2015 4:07:50 PM

Allow I to address each point:

"kemet religion did not save kemet ppl from the flood; King Noah's Lord saved him and his family"

Again, a wise man overstands the difference between the LITERAL and the METAPHORICAL. A limited mind, bound by religion, will take something at "face value". This is the direct result of a western mindset. It is not KUSHITE/RASTA in nature whatsoever!
The "flood" was actually a regular, yearly event in Kemet. Not a magical and fictional biblical event.

Remember, Kemet is the eldest daughter of Kush. The teachings and history you see in Kemet, were original birthed out of KUSH/ETHIOPIA. As Garvey reminded us, learn to see the world “from behind the spectacles of Ethiopia”.

NOAH (WATER / LIQUID) built an Ark/Boat (the Uterus is shaped like an Ankh or Ark and the Womb is the Boat that was filled by the “Waters of Life” or Semen/Sperm) to survive the 40 days and 40 nights of rain water that fell to the Earth, thus symbolizing the element WATER, the Navel-Sacral ChakRA and / or Uterus (Womb-Man) and Prostate Gland or Sperm Palace/Manufactures DNA (Man). In the Sacral Plexus, a triangular shaped area at the base of the Spinal Column up from the coccyx or tailbone area, exist the Blastula Pores of mitosis or the eight dividing cells of Physical Life that NEVER changes your whole entire Life. They are the matrix ‘Architect’ or “Master Builder” or Hiram Abiff (Asaru) or “Teacher of the Father” of Physical Life. In ancient Kamit (Egypt) they are 1. SHU, 2. TEFNUT, 3. GEB, 4. NUT, 5. ASAR, 6. ASET, 7. SET and 8. NEBT HET all which was produced by ATUM (Atom, Adam or Adam Kadmon) who emerged from NUN or NU as in NU-AKH or NO-AH or Life as it emerges from “Triple State of Blackness” or “Triple Stage of Darkness.” Therefore, Noah represents the “Primordial Waters of Life.” In other words all Physical Life emerged from the unseen-invisible-spiritual Atom (Heavenly Man [Man means 'Mind'], thus Higher Mind) to a seen-visible-matter or material state (Fallen Man, thus Lower Mind).

"Anyway people have a right to worship as they please. I am not recruiting or begging anyone to join my religion"

RASTA IS NOT A RELIGION

"Respect and love and blessing to the Yogis."

Most Sadhus and Yogis are strict vegetarians and stick to a satvik or balanced diet avoiding all processed food, meat, chemicals, spices etc.

The Rastafari way of life also encompasses themes such as I-tal which is derived from the English word ‘vital’, with the initial syllable replaced by i. “The primary goal of adhering to an I-tal diet is to increase Livity, or the life energy that Rastafari generally believe lives within all human beings. There are different interpretations of I-tal regarding specific foods, the general principle is that food should be natural, or pure, and from the earth. Rastafari therefore often avoid food which is chemically modified or contains artificial additives, and many expressions of the I-tal diet include adherence to a strict vegetarian diet. This is based in part on the belief that since meat is dead, eating it would therefore work against Livity elevation.”

This ‘Livity’ could possibly be a similar concept as ‘Prana’ (life force) in Yoga?

Dreadlocks

All Indian Sadhus have dreadlocks and grow their hair long to show their renunciation of materialism and vanity, and as part of austere life and ‘Tapasya’. The Shaiva Nagas (ascetics of India) wear their ‘jataa‘ (long hair) in a twisted knot or bundle on top of the head and let them down only for special occasions and rituals, very similar to the rasta dreadlocks.

The spiritual use of cannabis and the rejection of the degenerate society of materialism, oppression, and sensual pleasures (Babylon) are very commonly known themes of Rastafari.

“For Rastas, smoking cannabis, commonly referred to as herb, weed or ganja (from the Sanskrit word ganjika, used in ancient Nepal and India), is a spiritual act.”

Do I even need to get started on the use of cannabis and rejection of materialism amongst Sadhus?

All that matters is whether it is music, or meditation, both elevate you to a higher plane of existence and bring joy to your inner self.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 10/30/2015 5:08:20 PM

Yoga had a AfriKan Ethiopian Hebraic Kemetic origins. From the order of melchezidek.

Herodotus, a Greek historian, has documented that the ancient Indians and the people of Ethiopia were one of the same people. Ancient India was the colony of Ethiopia before, and the people of India were once referred to as Dravidians, who were Kushites. It also helps to remember that ‘Kush’ was the name of a kingdom in ancient Africa.

RasTafari Yoga where we Affirm a state of intimate union with God Almighty through Trust Adherence and Reliance upon Faith & Works of disciplines, practices, principles, and lifestyle that lead to this union. Yoga , the literal meaning of the word is "Yoke". The implication is to yoke oneself equally ,back to individual consciousness and it's original source, original essence , that which transcends all mental and intellectual

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 10/31/2015 12:20:50 PM

Blessed Oneness Empress RasGoddess! Give thANKHs for sharing the images, videos, and thoughts. Beautiful retelling of the Noah allegory. It should also be noted for those who are unaware that the symbol used to represent the N sound in Medu Neter looks like waves (of water or light):

Interestingly this changes to M sound in the proto-semitic or proto-canaanite (pre-hebrew language):

And once again the prototypical leader becomes one known to be "drawn from waters" Moshé or "Moses". And then "Messiah", again, waters! Why this water?
Because of the first waters of all humans, the sacred waters of Mama! The first anointing through her life-giving portal, birth!
Why is baptism called a new birth? Haha
Bless all Wombankind + Mankind!
Yes again, so true that India is the daughter of Kush. In the ancient world Kushites ruled the whole area from Itiopia through "Arabia" and "India". Yogic pratices coming from India are Afrikan originally!
And guess what else? Early christians practiced yoga! Why else would the apostles have warned them to "pray" in private, why else would christians today still kneel and pray, fold their hands and pray!? This IS Yoga! Muslims also "pray" by preforming yogic practices! All of this comes from the land of Our Father Ras TafarI, and HIMself reflects the ancient knowledge and actions in HIM daily life. Give thankhs for the First and the Last!
Qedamawi Iylah Selahsie

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 10/31/2015 11:04:06 PM

one who consider the flood magic is bound to see more magic in this time.
noah's ark was like a box. cuboid, with three stories/levels/compartments.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 126

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I