Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6142&start_row=1

Where is JAH?

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ShivaJiva Sent: 7/8/2015 7:37:35 PM

Since when did this forum become a place for White people to debate the reality of racism? When did it become a place where White people could feel comfortable to claim Rastafari as their own and tell us we are doing it wrong?

Almost all of the most recent threads are started by white people or have been highjacked by white people arguing amongst themselves.

Almost every post I've seen by members here who I know to be Black has been in defense of our culture and identity, or an attempt to explain problematic behavior to a White person.

I am not a Ras, which is part of the reason I do not post very often. But I have a lot of respect and admiration for this community, and I like to keep up with discussions even if I am not participating (hint to white people). Unfortunately the past few weeks have been nothing but threads about conspiracy theories, drugs, white guilt, and reverse racism; things that have nothing to do with Rastafari or JAH. I have tried to step in and offer some push-back in a few of the most troubling threads, but it is time consuming and I'm sick of watching all the regular members here go through the rounds trying to get these White people to back down. It's sad to watch. I want to sign in and see people talking about life, livity, creation, JAH...not arguing with White people.

White people, respectfully, please stop with the fukkery or leave. This is exactly why Rastafari is a BLACK movement. Look at what has happened to this forum...it's hardly about Rastafari anymore so much as it's about white hippie "counterculture", which has been trying to appropriate our movement ever since Bob Marley decided to tour the USA...

Everyone else: How can we stop this from getting worse? Can users be banned? Can we collectively decide to ignore these posts/threads? If we all agree not to respond or engage maybe they will get bored and leave... Any ideas?

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 7/9/2015 12:48:06 AM

respect shivajiva!

rasta is african liberation. its about african roots. love your sentence about the hippies who devour rasta since marley toured the u.s...very true. lovely.

the last thing thats on my mind right now is to start another discussion regarding the bible right now but let me tell you that since the beginning of july i follow the nazarite vow and i dont want to livicate my time to all kinds of profane things like chatting online etc. during the first days of the vow. but now im back because ive read whats going on in here and i dont want see that i was banned the next time i check this page.

i think by mentioning the whites on this site who talk about conspiracy theories and the bible all the time you could talk about myself as well. thats ok. yes. im white and i consider myself as rasta. but i have to say that i agree with the black brethren on this site when it comes to the importance of africa and the black supremacy thing.

so i see your point. ive read what youve wrote in your last post about your wish to ban certain people and i think youre right. ive read the posts of the one lemuel and i thought what black heart was thinking as well. where is lemuel coming from? nsa? cia? fbi? maybe de german bnd? must be a freemason. maybe the antichrist. in dubio pro reo. we dont know but at one point he asked about garvey and so he is just new to rasta. i think its in deed insulting to be that stubborn because he is a newbie on a rasta dedicated forum who offends elders. but i think its just his lack of experience. thats why he thinks you are harsh. maybe we should all be a little bit more relaxed and lemuel should post fundamental things in the "questions" thread and whenever somebody wants to talk about the bible, we do it in bible related threads. what do you think?

i dont think humbleone really wants to offend you so its all about hemphill. there is one point i disagree with your, shivajiva. i think you have all the rights in the world to feel insulted and the arguments about races and what a rasta should believe is getting out of hand, yeah, but i think a rasta CAN believe in yeshua. rasta is no religion so certain political developments and spiritual believes can be discussed, cant they? i dont think thats the problem. but its ok to have ONE thread regarding the bible where people can say that following it is dangerous while others say it leads positive spiritual believes. and to have ONE thread to talk about demons. i made the mistake to mix it up with african culture in a thread thats lvicated to african roots too much.

but its getting out of hand. let me tell you that Iman want to show humanity. i support hemphill in some of his spiritual believes and i respect the man as well but i think this whole argument about races is just too much. seems like lemuel (no disrespect) has just not dealt with garvey yet and the arguments with hemphill are distracting us from concentrating on the things which TRUE rastas have in common. from the real important things. from fundamental things. right.

so please excuse me for asking my questions and uttering my notions in the wrong thread and i hope that we can find ONE thread to close our arguments and barry the hatchet (hopefully). lets focus livity, culture etc.

respect the elders, respect africa, respect freedom fighters and burn the ones who try to mislead us from the foundation. i respect lemuel as a person and hemphill but i have to agree with bobobinghi jahcub, shivajiva, sister, jahchild, rastagoddess, garveysafrica, blackheart, voodooruutz and blackchristsalvation. this is a rasta forum.

i myself came here to get even deeper into rasta but lets not be too stubborn in our behaviour!

truth and rights

jah rastafari!

Messenger: ShivaJiva Sent: 7/9/2015 1:13:24 AM

I don't think there's anything wrong with talking about the Bible. The Bible plays an important role is Ras culture. When I mentioned conspiracy theories I meant all the threads about new world orders, ISIS, the gov't, etc... that aren't anything more than self-gratifying speculation that actually has nothing to do with Rastafari or African struggle. And its usually the same small number of people posting this material.

Much respect reasoningtime. I don't mean to direct this post at all of the white people who contribute here, simply those of you who clearly aren't here to learn.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/9/2015 5:40:54 AM

YES

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/9/2015 6:40:56 AM

I not going to copy and paste the content but Shiva if you get a chance bredda check this article

http://www.18karatreggae.com/2015/05/08/white-made-rasta-more-beautiful-than-its-original-manifestation/

World gone mad

Messenger: ShivaJiva Sent: 7/10/2015 1:29:01 PM

Thanks for sharing GA, that was almost painful to read at certain parts. Crazy....I'm glad someone decided to call out the person who originally made those comments though

Bless Up

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 7/10/2015 1:42:04 PM

everything powerful in main stream is changed into something thats useful for them.

along with the last real reggae hype in 2003 there was the phenomenon of "hustler rastas" used in babylon movies and commercials. if you watch tv the only (kind of) rasta youll see is the skittles (far form ital) rasta with his giraffe and the rainbow.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 7/10/2015 1:51:48 PM

Media manipulating mindsets.. Constant, inescapable designed imagry. Subliminal messages and outright hypnosis. -- the average American watches 5 hours of T.V a day.. Video games and consumerism.. etcetera.

The thread I made that caused such a fuss in Double standard was an attempt to expose and elaborate on another form of mass media manipulating mindsets.. That's all.. Knowing another twist and trap of the system helps to expose and defeat babylon. The workings of babylon are not a conspiracy; the biblical telling of a one world tyrannical government is happening.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 7/10/2015 2:05:35 PM

For 2000 years dem a plan dis!

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 7/10/2015 2:15:58 PM

Evil forces have always been looking for ways to conquer and control earth. Time is cyclical to me. A history forgotten is bound to repeat.. Too many people think that an economical and technological world conquest of corporate and banking elitist couldn't happen.. Today we are seeing a full fledged take-over -- TPP ( trans pacific partnership ) -- by babylon governments.

H.I.M. -- 'These young people face a world beset with the most effectively organized programme of deceptive propaganda and of thinly screened operations ever known'

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I