Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6114&start_row=11

Ancient Esoteric Rasta

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/16/2015 11:05:44 PM

Blessed teachings Incient Queen. Give thankhs for bringing forward this knowledge. Honor, love, and power to the I.
Ises + love to all of Creationkind.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 6/17/2015 7:14:16 AM

Interestingly the Nago, a subgroup of Yoruba in Benin are associated with Vodun and the Serpent

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 6/17/2015 8:43:26 PM

According to the Bible, humanity was in Eden -- Zion -- until we became aware of both good and evil from serpent interaction.. Once this took place, we were cast out and into the realm of life AND death... How wise is the serpent really?

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/17/2015 9:10:04 PM

Greetings,

That is a westernized patriarchal VERSION of OUR-STORY. Nowhere was there any reference to us being "cast out" of Eden/Zion for our sins...or any demonization of serpents before Europeans perverted InI story.

The real African story is of the Goddess Ashat giving the fruit of divine light and wisdom in order for the King to rule the thrown. “Our ancestors had no problem understanding the sacred womb that we all came from. That was the basis of the Goddess principal and the matrilineal system of Africa.”

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 6/18/2015 9:02:15 AM

Greetings sister.

H.I.M : "We in Ethiopia have one of the oldest versions of the Bible, but however old the version may be, in whatever language it may be written, the word remains one and the same. It transcends all boundaries of empires and conceptions of race. It is eternal."

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 6/18/2015 10:05:15 AM

I don't want to turn this into ANOTHER Biblical reasoning, but to praise the serpent/dragon goes against everything I know...

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 6/18/2015 10:07:04 AM

"ONE OF" the oldest!

Bible created in Egypt under/during Greek and Roman (European) rule!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/18/2015 2:25:07 PM

Just as Ethiopia is ONE OF the first to establish a Church .... But not the first. Think that would be the Syriac

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/18/2015 2:27:20 PM

Love + Righteousness be with the I's.

Rasta Goddess, is Ashat a more accurate name for Seshat? I have only seen the name written this way. Blessed thANKHs for the teachings + Inlightenment.

HempIyah, it is alright to learn things that go against everything we think we know. Sometimes that abrasive information is the most educational or life changing.

When little children are being introduced to the world, there is a mental process that psychologists have theorized: 1) schema: a mental "filing box" in a way, created specifically to organize information about one object or type of object; 2) homeostasis: when the box is firmly shut, and the child thinks they know everything about that topic; 3) accretion: finding new information about the topic that may conflict with what the schematic perception is; 4) tuning: opening the mental box and putting in new files that are relevant or taking out old files that are no longer deemed relevant. 5) restructuring/returning to homeostasis: closing the box and feeling that the new idea or schema is fuller or more accurate than it was before/ feeling "I learned something".
This process reoccurrs every time a new piece of information is presented, challenging the previous schematic knowledge.
To refuse to open that box and shift the files around, that is called "denial".
Even in adulthood, we cannot be too dogmatic or too much in denial to see alternate perspectives or restructure the ideas that we hold. The I can learn about the Uraeus, Naga, Kundalini, look at the ancient engravings and writings, and then decide if you think the bible story that was written much later is telling the whole story about how humans learn "good and evil", or if the schema needs to be restructured.

Ites of knowledge + peace
☥;

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 6/18/2015 3:37:59 PM

A favorite picture concerning the topic of serpent/dragon

Isaiah 27:1
In that day, the LORD will punish with his sword -- his fierce, great and powerful sword -- Leviathan the gliding serpent, Leviathan the coiling serpent; he will slay the monster of the sea.

Revelation 6:2
I looked, and behold, a white horse, and he who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer.

Revelation 19:11-16
11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had[a] a name written that no one knew except Himself. 13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean,[b] followed Him on white horses. 15 Now out of His mouth goes a sharp[c] sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I