Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6114&start_row=121

Ancient Esoteric Rasta

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 6/12/2019 1:42:50 PM

Mami Wata...
I don't know if they are creatures or water spirits because i haven't experienced them yet but heard from those who did.She is said to come with a whirlwind and take one She chooses underwater.Those who claim to have seen Her say She is half human and half fish.She is said to be a white woman with long blonde hair.When She takes the initiate underwater,the family members of the initiate should not cry upon hearing that their loved one has been taken because this will make Her angry and kill the initiate,instead,they should perform a certain ritual at the river bank where She had taken the initiate.They should play drums and sing,pour beer as libation till the initiate return.

Under the water where She had taken the initiate,She feeds the initiate with raw fish and worms,if one refuse to eat,they get killed.This is when She gives the initiate very powerful occultic powers and as the initiation is done,the initiate returns to earth as a very powerful shaman.

Some people with life problems usually visit the river to appease Her by throwing sweets,biscuits,rice,soap into the river.It is said upon receiving these things,She guides n protect them.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/13/2019 8:38:39 AM

Very interesting zionmountain, give thankhs for sharing that. I wonder why it is that she wants any of these things: beer, soap, rice, biscuits... does an underwater dwelling being need any of that? Or maybe it's not what people give, but the spirit in which they give it?

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 6/13/2019 5:54:28 PM

We do realize that any and all such fantastical beings are but projections of the human psyche, no?

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/14/2019 10:22:28 AM

SonofMan, why does the I think that is so?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/15/2019 7:55:28 AM

Whether fantasy or metaphorical for giving thanks and giving back to the earth etc then whatever or whether true mystics and supernatural. I'm with it. 1000 years I people have given to fantasy of foreign gods who lead us and left us inna slavery. No more.

I had pictures of mami water to the west
And Sekhmet to the east
... Of i bedroom from a child

Blessed reason

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/17/2019 1:27:09 PM

Seen Garveys Africa, that sounds like a great bedroom for a child to grow up in!
I was curious to see what SonofMan meant by his comment. In a way all experieces are projections of our mind, because our experience is so muh defined by our perspective of it. But at the same time, not all of the natural world is our projection. That would be like saying that you are the only person who exists, and all other people are your projection. Your experience of them IS your projection. But they still exist whether you ever know of them or come into contact with them. And likewise much of this world is unexplained and undocumented. That doesnt mean it is fantasy or imagination.
Selah

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 6/19/2019 2:45:59 AM

"The conscious mind being the domain of spirits is also their medium, and so its nature determines their nature. The unconscious image pool beneath our waking minds; all our conscious thoughts come out of it, all our experiences of the external world sink into it. Passing events, those of little power, disintegrate after a time, but repetitive experiences and those of great power or emotion build up psychic structures—spirits—which have lives of their own . Hence a woodsman will find that he carries within his psyche the spirit of the forest, an adolescent will germinate ( through the emotions generated by his rush of hormones ) a spirit of lust, arid a sexually repressed neurotic will create a demon to keep his lust 'in check'. So wee see that we may create spirits on our own, and when we all do it together as one, they can become as gods. The neurotic's desire to appease (say) his possessive mother creates his demon, a being that roosts in his mind alone. But the aspirations of a group of people can produce a common power that will affect the thought and action of everyone in it. The Phoenicians ' desire for safety in a risky world created their awful god Moloch. The Jews' desire to keep their tribe united brought forth the jealous Yahweh. And the human desire to keep intact beyond the gates of death generated the redeeming spirits variously known as Ausar, Orpheus, Mithras, and Christ."

This quote does a good job describing what I meant by my comment.

Jah Child, you said: "But at the same time, not all of the natural world is our projection. That would be like saying that you are the only person who exists, and all other people are your projection. Your experience of them IS your projection. But they still exist whether you ever know of them or come into contact with them. And likewise much of this world is unexplained and undocumented. That doesnt mean it is fantasy or imagination."

If you were not conscious, with your senses in tact, nothing would exist for you personally. Only through your perceptions is anything available for your experience. In this way you create your own universe. Collectively we can influence each others' perceptions and create together. When you say "But they still exist whether you ever know of them or come into contact with them;" this is something you can never know unless you are here to perceive it.

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 6/19/2019 3:02:19 AM

http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2038&start_row=1

I knew I wrote something along these lines before...took a minute to find it.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/19/2019 6:47:45 AM

SonofMan, give thankhs for the I reasoning. When I read the comment on this thread, I of course thought of the "tree falls in a forest" conundrum. And when I read the comment from the link the I posted next, that was exactly what the I was referencing. So I can see where the I is coming from in this reasoning. But I do think the tree makes a sound. In other words, my reality is real despite you not experiencing it. And you also know this, as you said,"My point is that I'm not trying to discount the reality of anyone through this post, for ones of other paths their perceptions are just as real for them, not you or me, but for them it is real(assuming they're on a path at all), and by no means does this take away from the reality of another." For example, I know things about my mother that you will never know. But whether you know them or not, they are true facts. And because of this situation I can assume that you know things about your own mother that I will never know. Just because I don't know them, does that mean they are not true facts? Of course not. I don't doubt the reality of them just because I have no experience with them. So because of this I do think the tree makes a sound. No matter if anyone is there to hear it. Reality exists. Perception defines how we interact with reality. That is my view!
Oneness

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 6/21/2019 4:45:43 AM

I overs your point, it's a reasonable one too. Having given this a lot of thought (and I'm not saying my view can't change), I've come to the conclusion that if I am not there to hear the tree fall, then I cannot say with certainty that it did make a sound. I cannot know anything about my mother if I'm not here to know her. At the moment of birth, when a baby comes into this world, it begins to create its universe through its senses. Had the baby not been born then the universe would not exist for that baby.

Perhaps the existence of things is known to us in another way, through our Akashic memory banks, but I can't prove that to myself at this time.

Touching back on your question: "I wonder why it is that she wants any of these things: beer, soap, rice, biscuits... does an underwater dwelling being need any of that? Or maybe it's not what people give, but the spirit in which they give it?"

Beer, soap, rice, and biscuits are all affordable items with obvious connections to water, and the human experience with water; with the exception of biscuits, which while requiring water to make them, would be a cheap food to offer an inhabitant of the sea. A spirit, born of the human psyche would appreciate an offering that the human mind connects to water. But you're absolutely right, in that it's the spirit in which they give it.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I