Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6112&start_row=31

I am white and believe all things Rastafari, am I accepted?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 64
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 6/26/2015 2:17:13 PM

@Pathwalker

Why not identify as that? True y not

The Black Rasta is claiming and establishing his identity! True indeed
The White rasta is giving away his! True

White Rasta seem to be doing what Blacks were forced to do, its kinda opposite of Rasta as Rasta walk away from another's cultural ideas to Istablish his own, its like White walk away from their established onto to another's

Still its up to man what he want to be

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/26/2015 2:35:44 PM

Profound from pathwalker and VDR

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 6/28/2015 6:06:24 AM

VDR mi bredda,you hit the nail to the head.

Rastafari is a response to slavery and colonialism

Now I wonder the role of white man in this movemant.

In years to come,these same people will claim this movemant and westernize it,they will tell your great grandchildren dat Garvey,Howell,Selassie I were white jus like what they are doing on Kemetic Istory

Whiteman leave the black man alone

We are now aware of all your tricks

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 6/28/2015 12:11:11 PM

Bless Up ZM!

Peaceful dismantling, physical confrontations ignate more confrontations and resistance, infiltration peaceful inside mental take down

But its the black white man whose more dangerous because he blends in well

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 6/28/2015 12:45:30 PM

i think stuff like turning black prophets white is just the job of the elite. if rasta becomes a world religion it might happen.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/28/2015 6:39:57 PM

Many White rasta will argue how Bob marley isn't black

Bob Marley identified as black

Whitewashing?

Messenger: ShivaJiva Sent: 6/29/2015 12:17:47 AM

This question gets asked by White people every few months.

The answer is still no.

Why?

Because of this kind of thing: http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6124&start_row=1

This is a space for Black people. Please respect that.

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 6/29/2015 7:48:50 AM

yeah. i think sometimes its just difficult. technically bob marley was mixed, right? but because he had this african heritage he had the right to deal with black history because his mother was black and hes part of it.

this makes me think about races. what does it take to be white? when will a person be white? is damian marley white? only one of his grandmothers is black. does a black heritage never die out or when is it the case? if somebody had a black in his family during the last century or is a person even black when there were african ancestors in his family 500 years ago?

sometimes race is an illusion to me. not saying that to be color blind is the answer. but if the system wants to give you an id you just cand say youre black or white sometimes. i think if you are mixed like bob marley you have the right to deal with your black heritage. and if you had a black person in your family a long time ago you ackowledge that as part of your identity.

its not like black history or fighting white supremacy is something that should be labelled as something only certain races can deal with, right? if youre mixed you just have a huge cultural background you can check. but you should check it in my opinion. an african should know about his african roots.

buttom line is seperating doesnt work always.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 6/29/2015 10:11:19 AM

Bob CHOSE to Identify as black but then would the whites accept him as white or would they see him as another brother?

Obama was raised by his white mother and white grandmother in Hawaii not in the mist of Black culture and situation yet hes still considered black by whites and nigger by most even knowing hes has a white mother

There are many descendants of Africans who dont identify as black and in ways distant themselves free m blacks

All whites ive spoken with when tthey have mixed family members they call them black not mixed but black

Messenger: ShivaJiva Sent: 6/29/2015 12:56:17 PM

Check out the One Drop theory.

Whiteness is a social construct. You can't be White if you have any visible trace of Black or Brown blood. I grew up in a White environment and I was never treated as a White person, because I was clearly not 100% White.

Being "Mixed Race" makes you Black. Blackness is not genetic; like Whiteness, it is a social construct, a social position. Blackness and Whiteness only exist in relation to one another, as a hierarchy, as an antithesis. Again, Blackness is a social position. Bob Marley may have experienced some privilege because of his lighter skin-tone, but his experience was still that of Black people. He still experienced Racism and suffered because of it. He suffered from the same identity crisis that any other Black person goes through in their life.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 64

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I