Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6112&start_row=1

I am white and believe all things Rastafari, am I accepted?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 64
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Chongman Sent: 6/13/2015 12:24:22 PM

I have always had the faith in me but I found Rastafari and I want to know if I am accepted as I am a white teenager,

Thank and bless ya.

Messenger: Cy-ko-bro Sent: 6/13/2015 1:18:22 PM

What is "White". If you are "White" as in radiating light then you can be Rasta. If you are "White" as in "racially White" then you cannot. Rasta transcends "race". You cannot be "racially White" and Rasta. The whole West European concept of "race", in particular the so called "White Race" has to be destroyed. However if you look deeply you are African. All humanity is African. Skin colour is no barrier to being Rasta, "race" is. Reality may stop you, until you can sincerely say "I am not a part of the White Race" then you cannot be Rasta.

I said I wasn't going to reason about "race" but I see that this post at same time as mine.

Messenger: Chongman Sent: 6/13/2015 1:34:54 PM

Thank you for your reply, I do not agree with western ways and I see the human race as equal, we originate from the same place therefore we are all born as brothers and sisters. I want to be with a group of people that believes the same as I do, and I cannot find what I am looking for in my society.

I only say I am 'white' because that's what I am taught to say, if that causes any upset I apologise. I do not want to cause any issues. My question was because I want to know if I express my beliefs will I be judged upon that.

I want to be a part of the culture but not if people do not want me, many thanks for your time.

Messenger: Cy-ko-bro Sent: 6/13/2015 1:51:42 PM

The only judge is Jah. HIM is the only judge you need fear. I am only writing. I am speaking Shakespear English or not? As I said, reality may stop you as it stops and searches so many.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 6/13/2015 2:09:33 PM

H.I.M. Qedamawi Haile Selassie: "I must say that Black and White as forms of speech, and as a means of judging mankind, should be eliminated from human society. Human beings are precisely the same whatever colour, race, creed or national origin they may be"

If the I has faith in H.I.M and the self, it does not matter if anyone 'accepts' the I. JAH is the father of ALL, everyone is HIS child.

I too have a light skinned appearance but JAH don't look at appearance, HE ponders the heart.

1 Samuel 16: 7 But the LORD said unto Samuel, look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.

Bless
One Love

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 6/13/2015 2:45:58 PM

we have a topics regarding caucasian rastas on this site.

some say white rastas are an oxymoron. there only can be white rasta alleays. but nobody stops you from following the right path and accepting HIM in your life. as a matter of fact, rasta culture is very helpful to escape the system of babylon.

respect

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/13/2015 3:01:53 PM

NOBODY CAN TAKE BLACK AFRICAN IDENTITY OUT OF RASTAFARI. It been there for day one and its going to remain there. His Majesty identified as an African and he did not mean the whole world when he said this. Some people clearly have the transracial thing going on. Rasta teach be true to your ROOTS and your CULTURE

AFRICA FOR THE AFRICANS
BLACK ROYAL IPREMACY

I am not saying anything which isn't and hasn't been a integral part of this trod whe I defend.

Having said that, whether you call yourself a RASTA as a white man is up to you. But don't then come and tell I lie about there is no such thing as ethnic identity and cultural identity or race; or whether you jus call it being true to your ancestors.

By the way if your going with the OUT OF AFRICA theory for saying "well we are ALL africans" - that theory states clearly the other races must have left Africa in a precursor form which is not the same as modern man or homosapiansapian we see today. You entered into the human race as we know it now after you left Africa IFF you going to use that 'theory'.

Are we really acting like RASTAFARI as a trod and as a culture doesn't identify and accept black history? And an African identity? Whe u pickup rasta from to hear that?

Trans racial week it seems

Has anybody heard of a DNA ancestry test?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/13/2015 3:17:24 PM

If there is no such thing as an African why did Haile Selassie constantly refer to himself and his people as Africans? You may want to reinterpret the one time he mentioned becoming a new race and what he could have meant and when. We Africans are yet to reach the Until and jus deh so it deh

The original question asked in here was alrite but the responses are a disrespect to black history and black identity. White prejudice to even suggest such thing.

We are all one human race. We are also made up of lots of different groups which can be listed ethnically, geographically, biologically, historically and so on. Any and every one of those can be a dictionary definiton of 'race'

To deny that is to seriously mis overstand the reasons behind rastafari. It's like Black people can't own nuttn again.... Go and tell the Indians or the Chinese bout there's no such thing and everyone is an Indian

In closing: can I be white and a ras? Seems a yes or no answer. The answer is not 'there's no such thing as europeans and african' neither is it that 'everyone is african'. That is not an African way to think

Messenger: Cy-ko-bro Sent: 6/13/2015 3:27:11 PM

Fusion is not an end to diversity. Before "Black" there was "Afro-Asiatic". Ethnecyti is right. Hundreds of ethnecyti in Africa before "racial" nonsense came. Tragedy in the Americas that forced all ethnecyti together. Rootless people fighting I-nother with only thing in common having "black" skin. In the beginning yield to "racial" nonsense and take ownership. Thus "Black" becomes not "White" but "Black" representation. No one can take this out of Rasta, nor can anyone ask Rasta to move to the next level before it is ready. Orthodox path has no "race" same as muslim, but ethnecyti is correct. Cyence says black radiates light, white reflects. Black heart man is best material, white light is best ethereal.

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 6/13/2015 3:34:39 PM

right. rasta without african influences? that doesnt work. fire.

rasta is a black african repatriation movement. rasta deals with african traditions.

a white man who says everybody is african and that rasta is all about things like that and who says rasta is his religion is confused.

BUT a white person who sees that africa is also the source of life and who respect rasta as what it is since its foundation can follow rasta too.

you can take beliefs regarding HIM, that come from rasta, and accept it as something special. as something positive in history.

even if you say that HIM was just relevant for africans. because in the end we are all human beings. if repatriation is right, then the west was/ is wrong. so we dont have to take part of that. we dont have to take part of babylon religions and philosophies.

theres a huge spiritual space. and everybody needs alleys. HIM was always thankful towards the germans because germany was the only nation who helped HIM against the italians for example. if you want to see it that politically.

so if you follow HIM and if you follow all the different aspects of rasta culture because you know that this is the best you can do then i think you are a rasta (a rastafarian...a person that follows the teachings of HIM( no matter where you are coming from but IF you are black you have to hold on to your african identity.

rasta started to see HIM as something special. so everybody can adopt that. if rasta is about repatriation, also alleys can support that in my opinion.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 64

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I