Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6112&start_row=61

I am white and believe all things Rastafari, am I accepted?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 64
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/30/2015 5:39:44 PM

There is no such thing as a RASTAMAN of the EOC faith. Marley lost his meds during the ending of his time here. The tenet of the faith teaches that HIM is not the Almighty I

I KNOW rasta who had to cut they covenant and stop talk that Selassie God foolishness in order to itinue their practice within the orthodox religion

No they are not opposite. They Have similarities. Doesn't mean they both can run concurrent

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/30/2015 5:45:00 PM

By the way. It has been suggested (not by I) that Haile Selassie only came into the EOC, leaving the religion of his childhood; as a tool to benefit the rulership of his already CHRISTIAN country. I believe he stood for iniversal spirituality which he demonstrated. Again, he also demonstrated that religious indifference and belief has no relevance in the works of PanAfrican liberation as he was the rightful leader of a multifaith multi religious multi belief organisation... With one common goal. African liberation. Furthermore, when he was ASKED about his faith and his throne in terms of its relations to biblical characters he answered by reminding them that his throne and his root run further than Solomon dem..... To King Ori. Haile Selassie highlighting this shows we AFRICANS have a connection to something whe to beyond Bible. I don't jus not deal with it, I higher than it

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 11/4/2019 9:11:13 AM

That you are white dosen't say anything about your thinking and personality. Rastaman defend africa and african man because it is black rights that have and had to be defended. Do you need to be a woman to defend a woman? Do you need to be black to defend a black man? No. The system has made this "The white" and "The blacks" to separate. You are a rasta if you are a jah people defender my brother

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 11/5/2019 11:23:13 AM

believing "all things Rastafari" sounds suspicious like someone who wants the title/identity and is willing to conform; rather than seeing if the title/identity conforms to their beliefs and understanding. I believe many people go through the former and whether black or white that is wrong (in my opinion).

A person can profess anything. Doesn't mean its true or that they truly believe it. One might simply be a fan(or fanatic) looking up to the virtues and ideals of Rastafarianism. One might be moved or inspired by rasta culture. There's nothing wrong with that. I love rasta culture. I also love Asian culture. It doesn't make me asian though. But I can become a Japanese citizen if I wanted to. And I could study Chinese kung fu or Japanese kendo and style myself after the bushido of the Samurai. There's nothing wrong with being inspired and drawing from many different things.

But it is up to the individual to actually BE a Rasta. And I think that's a question of first understanding what Rasta is at its core. Once you know that then you know what it is that makes a Rasta and understand you don't have to share every opinion, thought, or belief just in order to claim or maintain that identity. I could never say who is or isn't Rasta because I myself do not conform to the traditional understanding. And every religion should have room to evolve. At the same time, there's certain things about Rasta that I don't think you can take away without changing it to something else.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 64

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I