Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6090&start_row=1

SOME GOOD MOVEMENTS IN SOUTH AFRICA

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/14/2015 8:14:57 AM

in JA 'dagga' means something else....

lol @ 10mins50s into the video. freedom

blessed

#daggadebate

15 thousand people marched through SA at the weekend for the legalisation of Ganja

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 5/14/2015 8:39:28 AM

very nice to see.

let me tell you that i am very afraid to see what is happening to the treatment of marihuana and its legalization nowadays. very afraid. back in the 90s there were so many rasta artists who were protesting against the way society is portraying black people (and their use of marihuana).
marihuana was just one of the aspects why discrimination was aiming against certain black cultures. but since there are many people who has found the truth and who are using marihuana to improve their lives in many ways (maybe because of identifying with those cultures which has shown how wrong the other site, babylon, really is) the system is aiming at all the young people nowadays. it is not about hiding the truth anymore in some cases. it is about taking the right things and turn them into something negative. not only rasta symbols and believes.

when i was a youth i could never mention the term marihuana while i was sitting with my parents. in babylon, it was just a drug like everything else. you had to start at the beginning and tell people that it's not chemical, how it is used as medicine or like other people would use a glass of wine to free their minds etc. but nowadays they (main stream media and even doctors) pick up the common knowledge everybody has regarding that topic and promote it in such an over the top fashion that it becomes negative again. most people begin to see marihuana as a harmless thing but they don't use it right because they see how it's portrayed in tv etc. the use of marihuana goes along with using cigarettes, cigars and alcohol so every rockstar who is notorious of his abuse of alcohol is allowed to promote marihuana as well. marihuana is promoted everywhere but always combined with an image of party (smoking a spliff between two glasses of whiskey) and always combined with the use of tobacco. i never saw an article about cookies or teas. it's always about being cool by smoking a spliff to promote this "may the devil care" attitude. not to mention that it's all about the money again. if everybody is screaming for legalization, they will give to them and make an extra amount of money of it using another way (taxes...). legalization don't has to be positive.

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 5/14/2015 8:56:52 AM

I know that the Buddha isn't specific to Rastafari, but nevertheless I greatly respect him. And I feel that this quote is relevant here;

“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 5/14/2015 9:43:26 AM

wise word. respect!

i think if you pray to the devil and you want him to give you some wings he maybe will give those to you. so you will fly. only to see that they are only able to make you fly for a few minutes so you will fall from the sky all the way down to earth or maybe down to hell. if you spit in the sky it will fall into your eye so to speak.

well. if you don't deal with the biblical devil it's like uttering wishes to a slave master. he may give you some praises for your cooperation but nothing will happen to the big picture of your situation.

so we should not try to start a revolution within the babylon system. reinformation within our communities must be enough. if you try to make them legalize the herb they might do it someday. but what did we came all together for? they will change the status of marihuana but they will come with their taxes and their dangerous promotion of marihuana. so we can't change the whole situation. people will have to buy marihuana illegally and promote drug smuggeling in general if they can't find some natural sources or they will have to buy it officially from babylon stores. earlier in history we learned that marihuana is a dangerous drug. nowadays we learn that it is fun to watch celebrities smoking some ganja while they are drinking whiskey and kissing men and women on stage. it comes like wolf in sheeps clothing. and sheeps are what we are to them.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/14/2015 2:36:55 PM

We want medicinal use and religious use to be legalised first

Then for the general decriminalisation.

Then for planning the best strategies toward full LEGALISATION but only when the resources, land, and business of the indigenous who have bared the pain for so LONG have been protected.

Sidenote: there is a argument evolving at the moment between the owner of HIGH TIMES MAGAZINE who does the cannabis cup events and the Rastafari community of Jamaica. As white men have already started to purchase land and build up big wire fence (they look like concentration camps) getting them self ready to take over what InI ancestors and elders have been persecuted for for so long. This is why the steps of herb legalisation have to be as presented above. Watch this space!

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 5/19/2015 11:15:51 PM

Yes I brother Garvey Africa. Almigty creator gave I & I all de right to use every plant. Anyone dat fight against de use & existance of any plant is de anti-Christ.

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I