Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6083&start_row=11

To Burn

1 - 1011 - 19
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/9/2015 11:07:18 PM

Why would.HIM defend a faith that teaches he is not tho? -- To Burn.

Baptized in EOC as Berhane Selassie, Bob Marley proclaims H.I.M as JAH: Selassie is the Chapel -- 'He is the only King of Kings'
Is this a contradiction or is there more to it? What did The Light of The Trinity[Berhane Selassie] SEE that led to his baptism?

Bill Mc Neil: "there are millions of Christians throughout the world, your Imperial Majesty, who regard you as the reincarnation of Jesus Christ."

Selassie I: "I had heard of that idea. I also met certain Rastafarians. I told them clearly that I am a Man, that I am mortal, and that I would be replaced by the oncoming generation, and that they should never make a mistake in assuming or pretending that the human being is emanated from a deity."

Ark I: 'If Selassie I wasn't God, why wouldn't he just say "I am not God". Selassie I never said that because Haile Selassie I knows who He is.'

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/10/2015 12:20:14 AM

The EOC do not support the idea the Haile Selassie is the Almighty. Can't say because Bob was a member. Bob wasn't the head of the church, and who knows what his introspect was at that time. To say Haile Selassie I a InI Almighty I is not the philosophy / practice that His Majesty was a defender of. Your form of practice may be based on that of Haile Selassie's, but it is no more than a rasta who doesn't deal with bible

He is not going to read a bible 'I said to Jacob.........'

And just because he says he glories in the bible and you do too does not mean you are the same. Look how many different groups do that.....

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/10/2015 11:52:25 AM

I am not a member of the EOC. I deal with the Bible same way as H.I.M teach. To accept with clear conscious. Reading the Bible inspired by H.I.M and from the perspective of a Black HA-MOSHIYACH, It is very clear to I the Revelation of Haile Selassie as Christ as the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

Psalm of David 68: 31 Princess shall come out of Egypt; Ethiopia shall soon stretch out her hands unto God.

Deuteronomy 10: 17 For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward.

Psamls 136: 3 O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for ever.

Revelation 5: 1 And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals. [Haile Selassie I Revised Amharic Bible: Book of the Seven Seals: On the very back of the book that is also known as the spine of the book there are 7 ethiopic letters that spell 'Book (of the) Holy']2 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof? 3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon. 4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon. 5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

Revelation 19: 16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS. 17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God.

I do not think that I am 'more of a rasta than those who dont deal with the bible'.. It is most beneficial to I to accept the Teachings of H.I.M concerning the Bible, 'accept with CLEAR conscious'.. In doing so, I find the Revelation of H.I.M. as HA-MOSHIYACH. I want to share this with others because of the immense clarity it gives IandI.

Bless
One Love

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/10/2015 1:00:52 PM

You still not getting what we are saying

I didn't want this thread to be turned into the other thread but you say this:

"I do not think that I am 'more of a rasta than those who dont deal with the bible'.. It is most beneficial to I to accept the Teachings of H.I.M concerning the Bible, 'accept with CLEAR conscious'.. In doing so, I find the Revelation of H.I.M. as HA-MOSHIYACH"

What Teachings of HIM declared HIM as the HA-MOSHIYACH? What you have just said in terms of the revelations YOU find is just that - YOUR revelation but this is not a teaching of His Majesty as he stopped at CHRIST. Any teaching on religion you follow or has been revealed to you which is not in line with the Church of Haile Selassie means you can't really say you follow his religious teachings. You follow his broad teachings in terms of following the Bible as a whole and from that you form your own interpretations, but you do not follow his specific Bible teachings or interpretations as these would be the same teachings of the Tewahedro Orthodox. They have always maintained their disagreement with declaring Haile Selassie as the Almighty / as a divine messiah figure, or as CHRIST come back, meaning you are AS MUCH in disagrement with some of the fundamentals of Haile Selassie I faith as the rasta who say he is Higher than God altogether

This is an important distinction. Because many Rasta over the years have given up the locks and no longer say Haile Selassie is the Almighty. Instead they join the Orthodox Church read the Bible and stick with CHRIST (Following the teachings / religion / interpretations of His Majesty).

InI won't be doing that.

Not to attack you in any way. I would say all Rasta are like this, by default. I don't have a problem with it. I hope you can overs what we have been trying to say to you but please keep this topic in the bible thread

Bless up

This thread just to explain the mis overstandings of when man say Fire or to Burn something. Which I see has now been better innerstood

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 5/10/2015 1:05:57 PM

I think that there is much wisdom in the bible (the unadultered version), as in this example referring to food (and consciousness, saying that as a result one should find "hidden treasures";

4.Behold, verily, thus saith the Lord unto you: In consequence of evils and designs which do and will exist in the hearts of conspiring men in the last days, I have warned you, and forewarn you, by giving unto you this word of wisdom by revelation.
5.That in as much as any man drinketh wine or strong drink among you, behold it is not good, neither meet in the sight of your Father, only in assembling yourselves together to offer up your sacraments before him.
6.And, behold, this should be wine, yea, pure wine of the grape of the vine, of your own make.
7.And, again, strong drinks are not for the belly, but for the washing of your bodies.
8.And again, tobacco is not for the body, neither for the belly, and is not good for man but is an herb for bruises and all sick cattle, to be used with judgment and skill.
9.And again, hot drinks are not for the body or belly.
10.And again, verily I say unto you, all wholesome herbs God hath ordained for the constitution, nature, and use of man.
11.Every herb in the season thereof, and every fruit in the season thereof; and these to be used with prudence and thanksgiving.
12.Yea, flesh also of beasts and of the fowls of the air, I, the Lord, have ordained for the use of man with thanksgiving; nevertheless they are to be used sparingly;
13.And it is pleasing unto me that they should not be used, only in times of winter, or of cold, or famine.
14.All grain is ordained for the use of man and of beasts, to be the staff of life, not only for man but for the beasts of the field, and the fowls of heaven, and all wild animals that run or creep on the earth;
15.And these hath God made for the use of man only in times of famine and excess of hunger.
16.All grain is good for the food of man; as also the fruit of the vine; that which yieldeth fruit, whether in the ground or above the ground
17.Nevertheless, wheat for man and corn for the ox, and oats for the horse, and rye for the fowls and for swine, and for all beasts of the field and barley for all useful animals and for mild drinks, as also other grain.
18.And all saints who remember to keep and do these sayings, walking in obedience to the commandments, shall receive health in their navel and marrow to their bones;
19.And shall find wisdom and great treasure knowledge, even hidden treasures;
20.And shall run and not be weary, and shall not faint.
21.And I, the Lord give unto them a promise, that the destroying angel shall pass by them, as the children of Israel and not slay them. Amen

--------------------------------

However, I cannot accept the idea that ones die and then go to heaven in the sky, because I know that this earth IS heaven, people just don't know it because of too much Babylon indoctrination.

Paradise is not some mythical place in the clouds; I say it exists inside you.

Many alterations like this, make modern day bibles, IMHO, often brainwashing, keeping victims of Babylon hopeful for "the pie in the sky when they die"

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/10/2015 1:23:12 PM

Bless up Joe. See the thread BURN BIBLE AND JC or the black and white thread

This one doesn't need to be ANOTHER reasoning on whether to accept the bible or not

You can see from the original post I included Biblical and none biblical sources of information. So what you have just posted isn't too relevant here although I like the fire at the end. We not burning fire on the bible. We burning fire on mans overstanding of when rastafari say dem a go burn something. Most people can't think outside of lighter and matches.

Far-I

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/10/2015 4:00:23 PM

This strikes I as a fundamental difference in cultural up bringing. I, being born in Kansas, do not have direct access to Ras Tafari culture and language. Some aspects are easy to pick up on: IandI, livity, overstand, ect.. These are beautiful expressions that help clear confusion of negative word sound. However, the culture and language I have been raised near, has always used Burn as a dis or rejection.. i.e. crash and burn, or even 'they are roasting you'.. I thank GA for purifying IandI view of Ras Tafari usage of fire and burn. The teachings of H.I.M are this FIRE to this world. Speaking with his double edged sword. Separating holiness from evil and removing impurities. To burn.. Big ups.

Bless
One Love

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/10/2015 4:50:32 PM

Yes I

A great revelation. Man even put fire on man self to make certain transformation on this life trod.

Bless up

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 5/10/2015 5:55:25 PM

Fire is transforming, it make anew like the I GA say with water distillation water from liquid to gas back to liquid (physical to Iritical to a perfect liquid usable liquid) gold solid to liquid purifying shaping to anew perfection , burnig smoke keeping parasites away the wicked reach but hafta withdraw (mosquitoes and gnats a flee)

When a thing pass tru da fire it becomes cleans, in Louisiana when supm is really good we say its FIYA or supm relating to heat

Fiya destroys also as it purifies, so to get rid of the unwanted we would 'Send Fiya' that way

It also an African reinterpretation of English words, so u would find similar usage of English words away from their English meaning throughout the African diaspora

Bless Up mighty RA' STAR FAR EYE

1 - 1011 - 19

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I