Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6077&start_row=81

'Black' and 'White'

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 94
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Black heart Sent: 5/14/2015 11:42:44 PM

Hemphill. Why realy do yu keep on quoting dis speach of his Majesty? I told yu I stand on HIM. I salvation does not come from de bible but Black liberation is de salvation I fight fo. I don't hope fo it so don't tel I about bible massage & sirit fo I don't need those things. Dats why I need no bible. I don't even need yo Christ nor his step father de god of Israel. His Majesty has a right to his own opinion just like I, de I & any other I. Dat speach does not apply to I. Burn bible

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 5/15/2015 12:14:48 AM

Hemphill. why can't yu stop bein a religious bigot? Why can't yu follow yo white religion & be at peace with it? I man at peace with I Black spirituality, I don't boder yu with it so stop bodering I & I Black people with yo white religion. If yu read all I posts yu'll see dat I never tel yu to stop usin de bible. Dat is I raspect fo yu, HIM & any other bible user. So all I man need from yu is to raspect I too. Stop telin I about bible. Just accept it dat de bible is not part of I spirituality.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/15/2015 3:06:51 AM

I use that speech because I follow and apply the teachings of H.I.M. I keep using it because it is apparently not seen. You say I do not respect other views of non-bible, claiming I am a bigot and white supremacist; yet many of I posts have said that people can receive the same message and spiritual heights without needing to read the document and instead simply practicing the great message of love and righteousness. It is apparent that you are not burning the Bible to cleanse it, rather rejecting every aspect of entirely. I do not have a problem with this. Even I own family does not work with it and I love and respect them very much, yet they do not follow or praise H.I.M.. And if they did praise H.I.M, I would surely try to help them do so most appropriately... Haile Selassie would not teach us to accept the Bible if it is detrimental in an way.. To I this is 'Black' and 'White'.

Bless
One Love

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 5/15/2015 9:36:19 AM

if i look at this thread right now and then outside of my window afterwards i receive a very nice comparison regarding the black and white thing of rasta and babylon.

this site makes blacks and whites come together to think and talk about his majesty and fundamental spiritual things and as a result people may have an argument but everybody has learned from it or has at least proved that they were right about certain things.

when i look out of my window right now i see the local soccer fans walking around. and i live in a big city with a population of over 550.000 people.

to this day, i ask myself why so many rastas seem to love football/ soccer. i think it's such a superficial way to unite people. they say football unites the different races but to me it's a horrible mix of politics, gambling, the fast food industry, tell-lie-vision, drunkenness and false investments. maybe i should separate football itself and the football business but football is just a stupid invention made for trouble to me. it's one of babylons biggest weapons.

on every weekend i see people eating fast food and drinking beer while sitting in front of their screens for hours while they are dedicated to "sports". people are allowed to walk around totally drunk, stinking and screaming whenever our club has a match in our hometown. everybody eats sausages and bread. don't see what's good about that. they are totally unconscious about the fact that they are taking their hard earned money to get richer and richer (a thing everybody is criticizing in general but never when it comes to football) and they think they are loyal to their hometown when they bet that their club will win. what do i have to do with 11 guys who carry the name of the town i was born in on their shirts?! i think everybody had to play it against their will at least one time during their childhood days. it's not the best way to stay in shape and without the passion (the separation in different clubs, the alcohol and fast food, the gambling) it would be totally boring to play or even watch.

only one kind of sports is even more evil to me. and that's car racing. how many people have died during those races and why is nobody talking about the air pollution caused by this bs?

so i think we all came together for rasta here. but we have to agree to disagree when it's about time to do so.

Messenger: Aklila Kedan Sent: 5/15/2015 11:03:24 AM

I truly feel this book will be very relevant for this discussion hence the reason for the cover being Black and White.

http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6057&message_posted=true

https://www.createspace.com/5338637

Please email me with feedback about the book on aklilakedan@yahoo.co.uk.

I am giving extra information about the reason for the bookcover, title and pictures that did not make it into the book

1 love Much Respect

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 5/15/2015 12:41:02 PM

Dear Aklila,

I would love to know more about what exactly the book is about, and also the reason behind the black and white cover, you said it relates to this, but could you elaborate?

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: Wolfshot Sent: 5/17/2015 3:22:48 PM

Greetings My Brothers
I Follow the Ital Diet Very Strictly
I Follow All The Rastafarian Princepels very strictly
I Do Not Follow Two Things Which is Growing Dreadlocks and I Do Not Smoke Weed
i have a few questions which has on been on My Mind For A long time
I Am From India and i have short hair

Do I Need Dreadlocks to Be A Rastafari ?

Do I Need To Smoke Weed To Be a Rastafari ?

Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 5/17/2015 5:11:19 PM

Wolfshot

You are free to do what you want and define yourself.Dreadlocks is a part of the Ital livity,Rasta is a natural being,why do you choose to cut your hair which naturally grows? If it is because of vanity,conforming to the 'norm',fear of social rejection etc maybe the I can think about these things and release yourself from these states of living.What is stopping you from manifesting natures design for you? Rastafari is truth and self realisation.There is no reason for not wearing dreadlocks only excuses.As for marijuana it is a herb with its own purpose on creation,you can choose to benefit from it or just don't use it,just like the plants you eat have a purpose ganja is no different,its just a normal plant.you don't have to use it,you don't have to eat bananas to be a rasta,you don't have to use ganja,identify what it can do for you,if you want to take advantage of it benefits,do it. More love and strength.Jah Rastafari

Messenger: Wolfshot Sent: 5/17/2015 6:10:37 PM

Greetings Brothers

Can i be a Rastafarian without dreadlocks ?

And is it true That Some Rastafarians eat Chicken ?

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 5/18/2015 1:37:59 AM

"Greetings My Brothers
I Follow the Ital Diet Very Strictly
I Follow All The Rastafarian Princepels very strictly
I Do Not Follow Two Things Which is Growing Dreadlocks and I Do Not Smoke Weed
i have a few questions which has on been on My Mind For A long time
I Am From India and i have short hair"

Same here. I am white, and have short hair too. I don't smoke weed. In my case, the short hair is just for sake of ease, because I put olive oil on my skin every day and it is easier to do without messing up my hair.

But understand, I am not trying to promote this way. I'm not trying to promote short hair! This is your choice!

http://jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5914&start_row=151

The definition of Rastafari seems to be chopping and changing. A while ago, we discussed it on the thread above, and we came to the conclusion that a non black person could never be Rastafari.

And, being white (not that I think it makes ANY difference), I very much felt judged, because I KNOW that I follow the things that you said before, strict Ital levity, to manifest a spiritual connection with jah etc. I didn't need someone to decide whether or not I do these things for me; I know that I do.

But, the reason that we came to that conclusion in the end was that, according to GarveysAfrica, Rastafari is an African redemptive culture, a black African culture. And white people most definitely can live like Rastafari, help in all of their pursuits; ie black redemption. No one is to say that they cannot.

But a good comparison was made about it being a culture; native American also exists as a culture. A person who was brought up somewhere else in the world, but moves to live with the native americans, could not really say "I am a native American", just because they are not.

----------------------------------

Having said this, I would actively fight against it if people judge people just because of their skin colour on spiritual maturity, how strictly they follow Ital etc. Because prejudices on this are, well, prejudices...

All the best,

Joe

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 94

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I