Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6077&start_row=91

'Black' and 'White'

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 94
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/18/2015 8:30:25 AM

Rasta is not all about dreadlocks. But to be a Rasta and still choose to shave your head raises questions. RasTafari adopts not only an innerstanding but also an outward expression of culture. Part of this expression includes wearing locks as a sign of separation and of glory / royalty in the image of some of our ancient African ancestors. We also acknowledge the liberation struggle of other AFRICANS like the Mau Mau Who in many ways stand for what rastafari stands for from the perspective of inside africa rather than her livaspora. Rasta as an Italist who isn't afraid to bow and conform to any kind of western standards of presentation, unapologetically include our crown as a part of our expression.

Not every Rasta agree with Morgan heritage. Never seen the image of a baldhead messiah yet, much less Baldhead rally round binghi tabernacle

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/18/2015 8:42:12 AM

Pick and choosing at culture is fine. But can you then claim the name of the culture afterwards?

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 5/18/2015 10:10:05 AM

Wouldnt Saddhu have some livity similarities with RastafarI?

Its a natural thing for redemtive African trods to incorporate locks into the livity as many do!

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 5/18/2015 2:30:33 PM

some claim the locks are a trademark. a visiual contract you've made to rasta.

some say it's all about the natural hair style.

i respect morgan heritage but i know they think that you can call yourself a rasta with a shaved head and they even go to mcdonalds.
but that's ok to me. because everytime they are criticizing a priest who has spend a lot of money for materialistic things i think that nobody cares if a normal celebrity does it. so what's right for them must be right for other people. let the briest have his nice car. there are other problems to care about. and gold and expensive accesoires are a huge part of the church anyway. or when they critize a guy who has bought a cat or a dog to eat because it's normal in his cultural environment. if you eat swine why do you critize people who eat dogs?

i think you can be a good human being without locks. but to be a rasta or a rasta alley...i think you should have those. maybe especially if you're not black (like me). to honour the culture truely. if you haven't any hair left it's another case.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 94

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I