Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6075&start_row=1

spiritual or political

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 5/1/2015 11:14:57 AM

It seems I that the basis for all phases of the Abrahamic religions was a political agenda in nation building and land conquering

If starts with Abraham him self his god told him of the land his seed would inherit

Moses and Joshua leaving Egypt to conquering Canaan

King David seizing Jerusalem and the many other battles

all the while being told this by their god

Jesus to rule the new earth

Muhammad taking over Arabia and the area

The focus seem to mind dirty people into following the agenda to conquer others in the name of god not merely on spiritual purposes

Just a thought I had

Bless!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/1/2015 11:39:16 AM

Yes I

On and on and on....

'Holy wars'
Jihadists

Church and state. One big polytricks

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 5/1/2015 1:51:01 PM

absolutaly right. i'm a man of no religion in this system. religion is used to make people kill people. to fight over the property of men. not saying that everyone who follows them is an evil person and i have my faith but i'm not into what is called religion and their leaders. if everybody would just stop to kill in the name of their lord it would be a huge progress.

they take their holy scripture and read "you shall not physically kill your enemies" with their thumb on the "not" and claim that it's right to wipe out a whole tribe. that's exaggerated of course but i think that commandments of your holy scripture are full of sanity and usage and it's not there to lead you into temptation and agony or to limit your freedom.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/1/2015 5:29:39 PM

Reasoning time in relation to that commandment you think there ever a right time to war or kill? Rasta pacifist?

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 5/2/2015 1:45:00 AM

"in relation to that commandment you think there ever a right time to war or kill? Rasta pacifist?"

In order to find peace with each other, we must first find peace within ourselves.

People cannot find peace within themselves because of too much Babylon indoctrination; they are disconnected from jah and the beautiful circle of life.

Often people start wars because they feel crap themselves, so they think that the other person is the source of their problems. If they could see the true beauty of life, and feel it, there would be no need.

That's why they say that Ganjah is the healing of the nations. Because it puts you back into connection with the almighty, and helps you to find peace within yourself. Obviously in combination with an Ital diet.

--------------------------------------

Too many people, when they see someone doing something wrong, punish them instead of seeing why they are doing it. The root cause of all of this is disconnection from nature.

Help the "enemy" to find peace within themselves, don't kill them off.

This way, love is possible for all

Remember, somewhere beneath that flesh suit which is hiding themselves from seeing their souls, their is a soul, crying out for love.

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 5/2/2015 2:35:06 AM

^ Read above first

I do think, that in order for lasting peace, a fundamental shift must occur in how we view "criminals".

At the moment, we see them as people who need punishing.

In order for peace, I think we need to see them as a soul which has lost her connection to nature, who needs help to find that peace within themselves again. No punishment can help them to find that peace in Themselves.

---------------------------------------

Once we have the understanding that we are spiritual beings in a human setting, we realize that, from our perspectives, we have never actually done anything wrong; we have just been confused.

Babylon covers people's happiness and connection to JAH. It is a natural reaction to try and get this back. Since people actually live Inside Babylon, the only logical reason that they can give for their suffering is that somehow the other person is the one to blame for their problems. And therefore, war may be a natural reaction for the confused.

I think the most honourable think to do would be to lift the confused up, and as I said before, help them to find peace in themselves.

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: ShivaJiva Sent: 5/2/2015 12:53:57 PM

“Nobody in the world, nobody in history, has ever gotten their freedom by appealing to the moral sense of the people who were oppressing them.” - Assata Shakur

I abhor violence, but I also believe that conflict can be necessary as a tool for oppressed people to advance. Non-violence is only a tactic, not an end in itself.

Everyone has the right to self-defense.

"The concept of nonviolence is a false ideal. It presupposes the existence of compassion and a sense of justice on the part of one's adversary. When this adversary has everything to lose and nothing to gain by exercising justice and compassion, his reaction can only be negative." - George Jackson

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 5/2/2015 3:25:40 PM

no. "rasta pacifist" sounds naive and dangerous to me. although i think the rise of young pacifists in western society isn't that bad. better than the other way around.

if someone wants to control you or take your land you CAN protest physically. avoiding the word "violence" or to be violent here. and i don't speak about the whole situation of israel or tribal wars. to me, it's basically all about self-defense. even if the concept is simple, violence has to be the very last solution.

so if you have a gun and you are robbing people and one day you get shot it serves your right. sad but true. but you can't thread, beat or even shoot somebody just because the person doesn't share your opinion or is part of another religion. it's just a spiritual thing. if the will be no solution than it's just how it is. you can agree to disagree and try to find the best way for everybody. you don't solve problems by beating or killing people if there are other opportunities which would help everybody. but i don't say that you have to take anything without any reactions. i think the biblical jesus and even bob marley are some expamples. they misunderstand their teachings to create an image of careless peace and love. like peter tosh said. something like "they do bomboclaat things and fighting me for saying bomboclaat".

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I