Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6067&start_row=1

Suggested jobs for InI youth

1 - 1011 - 15
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nick_27 Sent: 4/22/2015 10:24:41 PM

Blessed love, Most high greetings.

Iyah has been thinking about what I would like to do when Iyah is older. Iman has time to take classes to learn more on different jobs and fields but nothing has popped out at the moment. Is there any jobs that InI on here have and love? As always Jah will guide I to what is right for me.

As always have a Most High week. Praises to the most High H.I.M Haile SelassieI Jah RasTafarI

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 4/23/2015 2:04:05 AM

Dear Nick,

My advice for you would be to follow your heart, whatever you want to do. Don't listen to things that they might teach you at school (that you need to make lots of money, go into a "high flying" job. IMO, this is rubbish.

Now, if your heart says to get a job cleaning, then you can do it. For me, there was so much pressure to do the right thing and "to be successful" at school. Their idea of success is brainwashed.

I see success as spiritual happiness, and I think one of the first things that you need for that is to not be in a job that burns you out (ie when they demand more than you can give). I would anything manageable, where YOU CAN LOOK AFTER YOURSELF.

Somewhere where you can get your sleep at night (enough time), have time to make Ital meals for yourself. Exercise, ideally would be part of the job.

When you have time to look after yourself, you slow down enough to see your surroundings. This is where true inspiration is born on what you want to do. It may well be that you need a simple job for a while, for ever, or not at all. Whatever you feel.

I like the analogy of a car. In school, generally they speed you up to 100mph. You are going so fast that the only thing you can do is concentrate on the road ahead, because otherwise you will crash. By going somewhere where you have time to look after yourself, the vehicle slows down. Evntually, it slows down sufficiently to be able to see all the plants on the roadside, and you can start to look at the roadsigns and have TIME to decide which junction to take ahead.

------------------------------------------

For me, studying horticulture seemed logical because I do not want to stay in Babylon forever, and I know that the first thing that you must be able to do is to feed yourself. So horticulture seemed most fitting, and it is healthy too.

Some ideas;

Horticulture of any kind
Working with children
Working with books

-------------------------------------------

But honestly, follow your heart, not someone else's heart. Whether that be something simple, something not simple etc. To my school, horticulture seemed a "low down" job, as they would actually tell us. But, you know what that I don't care what they think. You leave there and you may never see those people again!

Be whatever you want to be, and look after yourself along the way!

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: Shasatabe Makonnen Sent: 4/24/2015 12:04:38 AM

Iman drive big truck and love my job InI wouldn't rather be doing anything else.
Black Star anyone?

Jah Bless

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 4/24/2015 9:22:05 AM

Try different things, learn multiple crafts go on with the one you enjoy but you'll have the others to fall back on if needed

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/24/2015 10:35:03 AM

Work for self

Messenger: ShivaJiva Sent: 4/24/2015 12:32:27 PM

Absolutely, self employment is the way to go. The earlier you start working towards it, the easier it gets. I am very young (would technically be a senior in college if I were in school) and have been able to support myself for the past 2-3 years without working for anyone else. I would not want to live any other way.

My suggestion: just start doing what you love to do and the rest will follow suit. Personally, I love growing things and my love of plants has lead me to where I am now. Utilize your passions and your gifts!

Messenger: Sister Sent: 4/24/2015 3:35:23 PM

Dont focus on the job as being the be all and end all of life. There is dignity in any kind of work done in the right spirit. Yes, it would be ideal to work for oneself doing what one likes the best and is good at, isn’t always a possibility. If you do know what you want to do or know you have a talent, stick with it and don’t let anyone distract you, as eventually you will evolve into what you wanted to be through determination and persistence. If not, any work will give experience of dealing with people, skills of some sort, self dependence. Personally speaking I did what I had experience in (through jobs I had when at school) in order to facilitate independence because that was my priority, and took it from there, making choices about the direction, where possible, as I went along. But the more you know yourself as a youth, the more focused you can be as to what you want to invest your time and energy in. Keep it balanced, work and recreation, self-study, take each one seriously and you will gain.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 4/24/2015 7:41:58 PM

A good job is Anything that Iya can serve JAH Rastafari through. Work that causes no harm or suffering to other living people and creatures. What you put out comes back so watch who your boss is if your working for good or evil. Burn out capitalist, corrupterations and support human rights and fair trade not the sweat shops. Think pon the matters DEEPLY.

JAH has given each one talents , divine attributes and characteristics for a inique set of dutys in the spiritual / lateral growth and advancment of the mind body soul
Know thyself

Better to fail at being yourself rather than succed at being someone else.
We are the bread of life , our light and vibes are like a fruit of spiritual nutrition no one else has , each has their own fruit/ gift/ work to bring to earth and eachother from the root all have in the maker of inspiration the creator of creators . Know a tree by ifs fruits , a good tree has good fruit and bad has bad , some have none and just need sum fertilizer, plant your tree of life in good ground , leave babylon

I support and would recommend working for conscious / green / natural companies, especially small family owned ones. Work for what you beleive in , work for whats is good and strive for all that is right ..

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 4/25/2015 4:09:06 AM

Give thanks for strength Iyah Jessep86,you really gave I the strength

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 4/25/2015 2:23:32 PM

Hail I fellow Idrens & Istren. Giv thanks fo promoting upful livity which includes evin ways of geting food, clothing & shelter. In de army of de Most I which is de Rasta movement all de weapons haffe ready to tramble de beast. Fellow Black people don't limit yo self to only arts & crafts, some fellow bradas & sistas haffe go fo all de physical, electronic, chemical & biological engineering. Some go for artificial medicine while some fo ital medicine. Africa needs all de Iledge to protect her

1 - 1011 - 15

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I