Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6051&start_row=11

A New BLACK STAR LINE?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 28
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: DeTuff I Sent: 4/25/2015 7:47:33 PM

I think it should :)
I would call it the "Black Star Network" instead of Black Star Line, because Iveryone has roots in Ifrica, Black, white or anything in between.

Messenger: DeTuff I Sent: 4/25/2015 7:57:53 PM

Which country would be best to have as a port?
I was thinking of somewhere in Upper West Africa, or maybe the European and African border of some kind?
Because if InI cannot go straight to Ethiopia, maybe we should also have checkpoints or other havens of some kind to settle and rest once off the ship, be it legal to the land or underground. I suppose it could be called "Black Star Network" since we won't only be transporting people and products

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/26/2015 4:12:41 AM

Just seen de I talk about bringing white green and yellow people "back" to Africa. Fire fe dat my lord. Man want to use Garveys thing to promote something very ungarvey like...... Africa for the Africans at home and abroad? This thing isn't about no networking king this is about black universal upliftment of our race. Man can't use garveys title to promote your integration and mixup which africa most certainly does not need. You think an influx of all peoples into Africa is what africa want right now?

Can't agree with the name change nor the plan. Don't change and rearrange the very crux of garvey philosophy. Even His Majesty, opened up the gates for black people who had suffered the wickedness of slavery to return to africa.... Not an open invitation to all people far and wide..

Can you really imagine seeing a ship name BLACKSTAR with none black people on it being transported to Africa? Wickedness

2mins30s onwards... :)

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/26/2015 7:35:22 PM

No NEW

Gimme the old BlackStarLiner

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 4/28/2015 8:51:50 PM

Ises All
One Love

Black Heart thankhs for the positivity and encouragement to make JAH works happen.. Iwombman have some proposals, and I would love to make this happen with the I's help and all Ones and Ones who want to Itribute, but I am not sure if these things would deter Ones from bigger organizations already in place, such as the EABIC. As I mentioned, I usually refer ones and ones to the EABIC if they want to move to Africa but don't know where to start.

I would like to know if this is wise suggestion, does the EABIC help guide or fund ones and ones to make that relocation?

What Iwombman Invision is to form a committee of elders to collect donations from willing Ones, and then reallocate these donations in order to finance the move for Ones who wish to return home, along with giving practical advice about where to move, how to get Innected into society, and any other information Idrens and Istrens may need. This would not be a physical boat, but a committee of people who exist to aid individuals who want to repatriate.

Garvey Iyah, I am talking about African people, not people of other origins. I am not sure about who was talking about transporting white yellow and green people into Ifrica. The elders themselves would have the authority to decide where to allocate the funds, and choose with wiseItes and Justice who to give the aid to. It would be up to these Elders to choose African people to bring home, and to explain kindly to others about why it is not fair for them to have this donation.
The I say "give me the old BlackStar Liner," but was it a complete success? Did people not sell their homes and belongings and crowd into the shipyard waiting for a boat ride that would never come? I Iverstand the sentiment: keep Garvey Principles alive in this new era. Awo. But improvement even upon this method is necessary to reach a better result.

Blessed Iternal Love

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 4/29/2015 2:18:51 AM

"I am not sure about who was talking about transporting white yellow and green people into Ifrica."JAH Child

De Tuff I "take Black people (And willful Rastafari of all shades back to Ifrica)"

That was the first post.

----------------------------------------

Now, having said that, for all intensive purposes, I wish to state that my opinion on this is that THE PEOPLES WHO WERE STOLEN FROM AFRICA HAVE THE RIGHT TO RETURN TO AFRICA.

So, please note that I am not trying to morph this into something which it is not; my actual opinion is that the RIGHT to repatriation is for black people.

-----------------------------------------

So, having made my opinion very clear, I would just have to ask for clarity on the actual plans.

Because it seems some people are under the impression that it is for all people, and some people are under the impression that it is for black people.

JAH child, I understand and respect that you said that you would leave it up to the elders to decide, but what do you think the elders would decide?

-----------------------------------------

I think in order for it to go ahead, we must be clear on who is actually being returned to Africa.

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/29/2015 3:19:17 AM

Give thankhs

And Yes the OG black star liner was a success. If not for the intervention of white supremacists and the American government.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 4/30/2015 10:44:11 PM

Bless All.
Idren Joe give Ises for clarifying.
Tuff I, what the I said about "help one another raise funds to repatriate" this is Ixactly what Iwombman was talking about in the Iversation with the I. However I don't know where the willfull RasTafarI of all shades comes into it, because I&I never talk about any colors during that Iversation. I assumed the I was talking about Black People when I&I were talking about Garvey Principles, such as buying African made items, and in talking about a "New Black StarLiner". I would like to know why the I think that this organization should apply to all willing Rastas?
To clarify, I was speaking specifically about Black Idren and Istren whose families were stolen from Ifrica and do not have the means to return home. As I stated, I do not feel that I deserve reparations, but that I should be an aid in creating them. As for guessing how the hypothetical elders of this project leadership would feel about the subject, I would hope that they would be aimed at Black African Redemption as all RasTafarI must be. Haha Garveys Africa, I would vote for the I as one of the Elders when Iman live in Ifrica... As I also mentioned I think the members of the leadership committee should be living in Ifrica so they can give specific practical advice to the Idrens in their preparations.
Yes Iyah Joe I do have more clarified plans that hopefully ones and ones can Itribute to. If the I is interested in helping to set up a website or a blog of some kind, which can collect donations online. Or even simply raising awareness about the website once it is created. I admit I am not experienced in using web design or computer programming... But I am good at graphic design and visual media. The other vital element is having the committee set up of very trustworthy and Ixperienced Ones and ones who can be looked up to as leaders in decision making, of Ones living in Ifrica who can help Ones and Ones to retransition into the society smoothly. To the Idrens living in Mamaland who may be interested in performing that role, or know people, perhaps the I's can also Itribute. The other element is the money, which will come as Ones and ones have a way to organize the funds. I already know plenty of young Black individuals and families who want to move to Ifrica but do not know how, and I am sure many of the I's know people like this as well. So this is a much needed organization, and if it does not already exist, I&I should take part in creating it.
Yes Garvey Iyah the I is correct about the reason that Garvey was arrested and the whole project crumble. The usa did not want to let the plan be successful because it is clear how much Black People have created prosperity and society for these same bureaucrats. The bureaucracies of government need not get involved this time if I&I can raise the fund Independently. If they choose to get involved hopefully I&I will have the lawyers to keep them out of it.
Haile Itection and Guidance.

Messenger: LiberatedSoul23 Sent: 5/2/2015 1:26:29 PM

A new black star line should be for what Marcus Garvey intended it to be for. Africans RETURNINg to Africa. just by opinion. It would be disrespectful to do otherwise? Perhaps

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 5/2/2015 2:24:18 PM

Seen Sistren... This is Impress Latrice in a new name yeah?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 28

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I