Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6050&start_row=21

Marriage

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/3/2015 11:14:51 AM

Rasta dont baptise

This Christian idea of 'Sins being washed away' whether by baptism or by confession or what is NONESENSE. Maybe Bible God will forgive you so quick but Nature God doesn't run so - your iniquity WILL ketch up on you in this time no matter how much you pour water over your head

And the idea of original sin gets a fire

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/3/2015 11:21:58 AM

IS it wrong to marry ('officially') for business / visa purposes only?

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 5/3/2015 11:29:26 AM

yeah. sounds right to me, garveysafrica. but i think a child is baptised to dedicate his life to the one they call jesus. i think you can have a really close bound with god without being baptised and that the typical christian way is not really dealing with biblical baptism. it's a way to remind yourself what you're all about and a physical way of blessing but you can't live a life full of sins and then let a pastor put some water over your head and everything is alright. if the one they call jesus christ baptises you, you are full of holyness. but i don't believe in religious systems.

i ask myself the same question, garveysafrica. i also think about all the times we all lie to our bosses about the reasons we weren't at work or in school at some points of our lives or some people will (have to) lie if a policeman comes their way. ask myself if we should stick to the truth no matter what the consequences will be or if we can...let's say fight fire with fire in this world without fairness.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 5/5/2015 2:51:00 AM

JAH Baptism is with fire and spirit, light, right.

To repent and destroy the works of iniquity is better then not fleeing Babylon no matter how deep one is in the belly of the beast one can get out the shitstym and live up. No forgivness without repentance, can't let a prisoner out if them going go get right back in the same mess of trouble, who the Son sets free is free indeed!

Haile Selassie I
JAH LIVETH

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 5/5/2015 2:57:45 AM

Twinkle brothers- Change your ways
http://youtu.be/vj3UrlJtRdo

On marriage and karma( forgivness): how many ri ers do we need to cross befor we can talk to the boss?

No man is between man and JAH, but my Lord is the perfect unity and oneness of man and JAH , no obstruction. Sin/ iniquity is obstruction between man and JAH, ZION is a hola place no sin can enter there, yes no night in Zion, RASTAFARI is the ever shining light of itinual good works , one love, Berhane Selassie Shines.

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 5/8/2015 2:59:37 PM

even the ring pon finger thing is of babylonian origins. the romans used it because they thought of the direct connection between the heart and the ring finger (blood is pumped directly from the heart into that finger). originally it was just for women. don't know that to think about it.

i wouldn't marry in a church. that's for sure.

Messenger: Mommabika Sent: 5/20/2015 5:39:49 AM

Me too but the ring thing made sense to me as a sign to many men who could want me,when they see it they run away unless there is intense disrespect to want me when you see the sign.

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 5/20/2015 2:29:43 PM

i see you're full of strenght and confidence. thats's great. but seriously, i think it's just a symbol and i don't see that the rings you carry with you as husband and wife has changed anything to stop adultery and sexual greed.

people who are watching sitcomes every day might even think that there is only one way a relationship can reach the next level. in the end the girls is wearing a white dress and is planning "the best day of her life" over and over again and after certain years you can sleep with other people even with your ring on because "most relationships" will end after a few years anyway. we should stop to follow that imaginations and be a little but more spiritual. if you slept with someones husband or wife, in our society it's like "oh. that was a mistake. so what? his marriage doesn't work obviously. at least it was fun." decades ago even western celebrities were in prison for adultery. i don't like that development.

maybe many relationships will end sooner or later and not everybody has to be married but let's honour our vow a little bit more and let's get rid of all the symbols and signs. your word must be enough to me. just say "i'm sorry, i'm married". if you have to say it more than once of a few times it's obvious that some people don't have respect for that.

Messenger: Mommabika Sent: 5/27/2015 8:28:29 AM

Actually the ring is not marriage,it is just a sign to identify ur status,what matters is LOVE,with or without the ring nothing should change the LOVE one has,the ring is just meant for external people who do not know whether u r married or not,they should see it cos going around telling pple that u r married is just straineous,whoever is committing adultery will reap wat he sows,we are all protected by the possitive force but if u sell ur soul to a negative force dont blame anione when u catch fireeee!

JAH is the only true way,everyone was born with a conscience,no one can commit adultery and tell me it was a mistake..no way..they did on purpose..that is why I parted ways(this year February 2015) with my husband(married since 2009) whom I caught cheating on me and imagine we have three children together,I tell you this man is the Devil cos he was too controlling but himself was free to go around,he is a selfish devil who deserve to catch fire..right now he wants me back,do u think I can be that stupid to go back to the devil.

I walk on the righteous path,if I say faithfulness I mean it...

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 5/27/2015 10:48:31 PM

Love and RASpect MamaBika! Not nice to hear this story but a righteous wombman does deserve to feel completely worshipped and equally stanced alongside her King. And know that the I is not the only one who goes through this scenario. I have seen happy endings from this story so I do have hope that the I will have all the blessings of the Most High if the I stand firm upon the power of JAH. Love the Iself and love the I neighbor the same, isnt that the lesson?
Lioness Nyahbinghi Haile ForIvermore.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I