Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6049&start_row=31

Homosexuality

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 122
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 4/27/2020 5:00:24 AM

I'm not here to argue about homosexuality or try to pull it over the head of anyone. For I as a rasta youth, it is just very important not to discriminate.

If you drive in the gully in kingston you will sometimes see homeless "battys" living in the worst conditions while others stone them and kill them. Why would you ever choose to become gay so you can lose your family and people can throw rocks at you. Maybe some choose to become gay in the western society because they don't do death sentences. But why in Jamaica? Africa? Middle East?

Garvey sent I a researcher article about that there was no gay gene. On the other hand a counterparty says here
there are some special chromosomes found more in gay people
(This is just the other side)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBFUS1s0td0

When I grow up I do not want my child to receive LGBT lessons and I see something like two fathers as something that is not good for any child, but on the other hand it turns out children with two fathers have developed well.
But still, I feel that a child needs a mother and a father in the image of nature. I want to know when a boy says "mom" that he is talking about a woman. But the worst of the worst: I have no facts to back it up. It's just an unnatural feeling I get just like the LGBT lessons. Children also learn about Nazis in World War II,
but that does not mean promoting nazis to children.

So my question is: what is your argument that children should not grow up with two fathers or two mothers and that children should not have LGBT lessons in school?

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 4/27/2020 10:08:41 AM

How many black children grow up with 2 fathers simply because of divorce? A biological father and step father? How many children grow up with no father at all? Children adapt just as we all do. We all have to make the best of a situation. Just because a situation isn't ideal doesn't mean you can't make the best of it and make it work.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 5/16/2022 10:32:51 AM

Came across this.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/18/2022 10:25:18 PM

Messenger: Bomboclaat Sent: 3/28/2020 9:33:02 AM
hide Edit Reply

this is terrible. It is no better than discriminating or wishing death over a race. Why, in addition, goes into what others are doing in their bedroom that has nothing to do with you

This is disingenuous.
It doesnt stop there does it?
There is the act of nastiness
And there is the culture that surrounds it

The same gay culture which is heavily promoted among all western media and even force fed to children from the youngest of Ages. InI fight that and stone that like an adulterous wife. Lightning thunder and cant forget brimstone.

Then theres the issue of gay rights being clumped together with the African liberation struggle. Kick that down immediate.

Its more than just the occurances of the privacy of ones bedroom in a societal spiritual and cultural context / war

Haile

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 5/19/2022 6:50:50 AM

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 5/23/2022 10:36:19 AM

Let me keep it 100. When Boom Bye Bye came out I was homophobic and I loved the song. And do I still have it? Yes. Do I still listen to it? It's not on my usual playlists but if it comes on, absolutely. But I'm more likely to play the jungle remix with Congo Natty. It still makes me bounce in my seat.

When this came out I was in college. Ie. much younger. I didn't have much tolerance for how other people chose to live. I was very much like the bible. I saw the world in black and white and I wanted a universal law that everyone could live by and be judged by. And I was an attractive young man so it didn't escape everyone's notice. There was one time another man made a sexual comment about me while I was in line at a pet store. It made me angry. I was mad enough to fight someone. I was barely able to contain it.

There were a couple of occasions after that, on blackplanet.com, when a couple of guys hit on me but what can you even do? I don't remember what I said in response or if I even said anything. But I'm sure it wasn't kind.

Now that I'm older, I'm wiser. And so is Buju. I agreed with him back then because I felt like it was part of the bible and part of my Jamaican culture and heritage. And the two things reinforced each other. I also agree with Buju NOW because we have both evolved on the subject. And I was sure that the reason the bible was against it was simply that it was "unnatural". Because God made "Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steeve". And yes, and I also had my own personal aversion to it because I'm personally not gay and yes 2 dudes are still nasty to me. If I see it on TV I'll probably look away for a second.

But that's me. That's not them. My natural aversion to what they do is the same as the natural aversion they have to what I do. We're not the same. I don't have to like what they do sexually and they don't have to like what I do sexually. But as a society we're good at making each other feel bad about the things we do being "outside the norm" and then later you realize that it's completely normal, just not for everyone.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 5/23/2022 10:39:31 AM

Masturbation, for example. For a long time, it was looked at as being dirty, nasty, unhealthy, shameful, etc.

Our bodies have needs. Everyone has needs. Yet everyone is different so everyone's needs are not the same. The bible categorized many things as "unclean", many things that different people would eat. I'm sure they started seeing one or more different issues that caused them to give the unclean label. There were likely a number of people who were severely allergic to certain foods, especially seafood. Back then there wasn't any Benadryl or antihistamines or none of that. So back then it made more sense to say "hey these are just too dangerous because if you eat it you could literally die". On the other hand, in order to keep the law, you had to eat the Passover lamb. Red meat allergies exist but are simply rare. I have a cousin who is deathly allergic to peanuts. My wife is allergic to oranges and mangoes.

The point is that these laws were an imperfect means of protecting society. But it doesn't mean the object is either dangerous OR safe. Because that depends on the microbiome within each individual. So therefore something can be good for one person and death for another.

What the video I posted talks about is that there is a signal that can pass from mother to baby; a natural signal that increases with the number of children and likely stress. I had been thinking for many years now that homosexuality is a form of natural birth control. Many people don't see it because they feel like they need to have as many children as humanly possible. But the planet is already overpopulated. Is there physical room? Of course. But from a resource management perspective... water... food... opportunities...

When Cicadas came out recently it was like a plague of biblical proportions. They were everywhere. The best theory is that they normally stay underground to avoid predators but are able to sacrifice millions when they do come out without harming their overall survival. How do they know when to all come out, when to all go back underground, when there are enough of them that millions of them dying is acceptable to their overall survival? The bottom line is, "how does nature know?"

And considering this should lead one to the understanding that everything nature does is "natural" by definition. Life and growth are both natural, but so too then is death and decay. The latter creates more room for the cycle of new life to continue with room to grow and expand.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 5/23/2022 10:42:52 AM

Somehow nature knows when there are too many people. Millions of people died from covid but many people really didn't care and were content to go about their maskless life the same way as they always had. If they died, they died. But why did so many people have this attitude? I would venture to guess that it is because we didn't think our survival was threatened because on some level we know that there are too many of us and the medical industry has done a great job keeping us alive and the consequences of that are fewer resources and opportunities for the youth. 6.28 million people died from covid worldwide. I hate to say it but I'm personally kinda over it and I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way. Every death is sad and tragic and it's not to minimize anyone's losses. But this too is life.

Nature breeds self-defense mechanisms into plants and animals. Why wouldn't that include viruses when we know for a fact that it includes poisons and toxins? The point is that nature has mechanisms for population control. Two men having sex is supposed to be nasty to us if we're straight. Because nature has elected us to procreate. It has not elected everyone to procreate and there is a value to human beings that goes far beyond procreation. That's why some are born homosexual. Their sexual identities go against procreation in the same way that many women, according to the bible, were reportedly barren. Is that "unnatural"? Of course not.

The world isn't black and white. It's a spectrum of color that includes all the shades in between. Every unique person is their own unique piece of that spectrum. We were naturally made to be unique and special. We weren't all given the same life, the same experience, or the same destiny. We have to live and learn to live with the hand life deals us.

As I said, I'm older and wiser now. So is Buju.

https://www.ebony.com/entertainment/buju-banton-removes-homophobic-song-boom-bye-bye/

According to this article, Buju said he stopped performing it a long time ago and removed it from all platforms he has influence over. So if you can't find it, that's the reason.

“I recognize that the song has caused much pain to listeners, as well as to my fans, my family and myself. After all the adversity we’ve been through I am determined to put this song in the past and continue moving forward as an artist and as a man,” he continued. “I affirm once and for all that everyone has the right to live as they so choose. In the words of the great Dennis Brown, ‘Love and hate can never be friends.’ I welcome everyone to my shows in a spirit of peace and love. Please come join me in that same spirit.”

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 5/23/2022 10:45:37 AM

quote: The song was written when Banton was a teen about a pedophile who had molested a young boy.

Now here's the other piece to this. The song wasn't simply about a man being gay but also being a rapist and/or child molester. Back then a lot of gay people were in the closet. Society didn't accept it. When you cut a person off from their nature that is when you introduce the capacity for perversion. Men in prison. Catholic priests.

Men in prison do not have access to women. They do have access to each other. And therefore it is a well-known phenomenon that homosexual activity happens in prison culture. It is part of the reason why many young people (like me) grew up fearing prisons. Catholic priests do not have access to women as a rule. So either they break it secretly and risk being outed or they break it with a person who can't or won't out them. Denying one's sexual nature... that's what's unnatural. It's not unnatural to be gay. It's unnatural to deny it if you are. They used to cut off men's testicles which means their bodies would no longer produce testosterone. But estrogen is produced in the testis as well but also in the brain. So eunuchs were more feminine but they sometimes had advisory roles in different societies. A lot of medieval tribalism centered around population control; to the extent that the only permitted population was your own tribe so that it would not have had to compete for survival through more violence later on. This is why they would kill an entire family line. Natural? No. But it kept the population small which gave them more room to grow.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 5/23/2022 10:50:34 AM

Women's wombs are the matrix through which new humans enter this world. They are therefore the gatekeepers. Imagine if most children were females. Either they would have to live in polyamorous/polygynous homes or they would simply not have children at all. And how would their sexuality manifest? Without access to men they would probably be lesbians.

What if 80% of children born were males? Same problem.

How does nature know how many children should be males and how many should be girls? Would it not need some kind of 'awareness' of the current population? And so on the other hand, once that maxium occupancy is reached then what?

What does nature do when there are both too many women AND too many men?

...perhaps a type of 'birth control' in the womb. And similar to physical castration perhaps there are many people who are "close to the line" mentally between masculine and feminine, and a bad experience with the gender they were "supposed" to love made them choose to avoid that gender for their own safety and sanity and therefore, like prison culture, leaving the same gender as the only other choice.

This could be considered unnatural but one should consider other unnatural events that may have precipitated that choice; like rape and molestation. We promote shooting the gay pedophile in the head but what about the straight man who rapes women? 91% of rape victims are women. Every 68 seconds, another American is sexually assaulted. 1 out of every 6 American women has been a victim in her lifetime. Responses to these kinds of traumas can vary. But the point is, the mind does what it needs to do in order to survive and get what it needs.

All these arguments amount to one thing. Homosexuality isn't for everyone but it is so much more complicated than "Adam and Eve not Adam and Steeve". And in the words of Buju Banton: "I affirm once and for all that everyone has the right to live as they so choose."

additional information:
https://academic.oup.com/biolreprod/article/99/1/27/4847876

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 122

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I