Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6046&start_row=11

Mulatto Privileges and/or disassociation from Black

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 35
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/7/2015 6:44:54 AM

When did the wailers dis black my lord? I miss dat part

Skip past the example of HAILE SELASSIE complexion and cite up tiger woods?

Another thread which must get a fire. Even if the intentions were only from a historical point of information. It's about social class / being accepted by the White Man and forgetting your roots more dan color of blackness. As every form of black did that, just like every form did suffer.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/7/2015 6:58:07 AM

And FIRE on any white black green brown man who fight against Africa/blackness. If a true in Louisiana, Fire on dem.....

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 4/7/2015 11:01:10 AM

Of course many dark brothers/sisters do that but Black Heart gave what he sees are knows of and not what his thoughts are or what should be, as I have the same thoughts on it or what should be but reality is some places it just aint dat so it not jus historical. I just was curious how that is other places if it goes on at all.

u have ones like i think it was Eek A mouse put off Carifest for speaking against white and "Brown" artist at the event so obiviously some uneasiness deh with dark and light and not just musically

A person like Tyger and Obama when he first hit the scene stating they not black have every right to even if society sees them as such. To I they were sayin not just Black because then they would deny the very womb from weh they come. Well i guess those socalled mulatto have the right no to be black also and choose to have their own identity, as i think about.

Bless!

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 4/7/2015 1:56:47 PM

Human is human is human. One life, one identity.
Only the devil divides.

Bless
One Love

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 4/7/2015 2:25:56 PM

Well dat aint what the post was about, ya deg!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/7/2015 2:39:06 PM

Eek a mouse was right. The music business is color cast discriminative.

That does not reflect on the community. He used Marley as an example. Marley identified himself as an African who wanted black redemption.... As a youth in downtown Kingston, this would have been neither here nor there in terms of sufferation and opportunity, under the roof of his black mother. He was not segregated nor elevated in relation to your first post. Not no tiger woods and his lost self..... But there are black people who equally don't call themselves african.

But you know mulatto means light skin... Not necessary with a white parent, could be with two african.

If Louisiana dat segregate a Fire.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/7/2015 2:52:16 PM

OG Rastafari people a black people light and dark

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 4/7/2015 3:40:17 PM

Well again not the point of the post, not what I explain I point was.

I kno the entertaiment business in general is color struck, I kno dat was his point but I would say if its not in the community and all see all as one then one wouldnt make a reference he wouldnt hv word for seeing "browns" up deh.
Not to one among a community but one community (light) and the next (dark)

"That DOSENT reflect the community tho" Well said, so dat kinda thing ain happnin in JA, Give Thanks!

Is not louisiana (as a whole) wha segregate, its light skin and dark skin blacks in a certain area wha do dat

From my overstanding mulatto meant light skin of mixed race or ancestry

Black Heart got I reason

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/7/2015 3:56:36 PM

Love

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 4/7/2015 4:04:37 PM

Seen.
Burn segregation in all of it's forms.. Owing our allegiance not to nations but to our fellow men in the Human community.

Bless
One Love

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 35

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I