Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6017&start_row=41

Spells;Are they real?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 148
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 6/1/2015 11:35:56 PM

the bible says we should not follow astrologers and things like that. like you've said before, the bible says it would not be right.

but we also know that we have to be careful about the bible and the version we deal with nowadays. but every time i see guys going to certain people who claim that they are able to tell people about their future i think of these parts of the bible and think it's right. it's so sad to see that people, especially young girls, check those people because they doen't have any confidence or faith and they are willing to test everything without thinking about it too much. and those "card tricks" are also part of occult groups who deal with injustice and wickedness.

but even christians believe in life after death of course. they even have exorcists.

shabba ranks said if you deal with obeah you bow lol

but i don't know what it's all about in the first place. life is for the living. why should we deal with such a thin line. is it really that helpful? i know voodoo for example is not what it seems to be when you watch all of this hollywood horror movies. it's a religion. but often it seems to me like some people want to threat people or they don't what they are doing when they deal with such powers.

but if you are just following your roots, it's a good thing. i respect it (as an original part of african culture). i don't say it doesn't work. even peter tosh has mentioned his love for those african traditions. can't hide behind the bible.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 6/2/2015 12:56:33 AM

We are not even talkin about de bible now but yu come & tel us what de bible say. why? Dats why we burn it. we no bow to no bible, we no follow no bibble so we don't even need to know what it says. We are not christians so don't tell us about christianity. We are Africans embracing our Black spirituality so I realy can't overs why some of yu Europeans want to interfere in our Black spirituality with your white ideology. Burn bible

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 6/2/2015 7:38:38 AM

respect!

i didn't mention the bible because i wanted to convince people who doesn't deal with the bible. i thought the thread is about asking any kind of people what they believe and how they see things like that. so i told you what was in my mind. but if you came to the conclusion that the bible is to burn and typical western interpretations aren't for you than it's completely fine to me. i don't say following your roots is something negative and i respect traditions. you can do what you in general and i myself don't think that we shouldn't stop certain things because of bible interpretations neither.

when it comes to those things, i don't really know what's going on in africa right now but in the end i respect it. but IN europe, they make money of mystical things like that although they don't no nothing about it and that's what i think is strange.

some rastas say they don't have no white god. and i like it. because rome and their philosophies aren't for me either. but i don't know if we can still speak of a white god nowadays. what those "whites" or western gouvernments are doing is not only about racism anymore. what they do to their own people, including all kind of (mixed) races, is just strange. their not aiming for blacks only anymore. they pollute the young people all the time. just look at the way they celebrate christmas. what kind of spiritual event or tradition is this?

so i say i'm sorry. you don't need the bible for that traditions.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 6/2/2015 10:12:53 AM

Yes I, the thing I talk of are off Africans in America and one such was I stepfather but another was supm I couzin did why I made a mention in another thread about man and woman separation during menstral cycle

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 6/2/2015 12:42:48 PM

man, i don't want to be the guy who goes off-topic again. but since you've mentioned women and their periods...not so long ago i watched a french film called romance and i thought it was an ambitious independent flick but i wonder how they just try to push the limits again and again. one scene included a shot with a woman and her boyfriend on their bed and the woman puts her tampon out of her body in front of the guy to put it in a glass filled with water. the guy sipped on it and drank it. now this was another case for me to think about the freedom of art. to me, a tampon drinker is a tampon drinker. i don't think we need explicit displays like that. main stream is much worst. they want to tell you that you can be spiritual and still follow all of these babylon things. im sorry, but to be catholic from birth without thinking about it too much doesnt mean to be spiritual to me for example.

well. regarding the thing that the bible/ european teachings would make people blind for african traditions. i really don't think its that easy, isnt it? i mean which state was the very first christian state internationally? i think it was ethiopia. one could say in america and europe they aren't that high on original bible teachings either. there are many pagan groups, the church is so heavily influenced by pagan origins as well as the american society and even hinduism features versions of old german "gods". ethiopia has an orthodox church and they officially claim that their emperors come from the bloddline of the biblical david. i think these original aspects and orthodox teachings are very rare nowadays. russia and greek come to my mind but thats it. and those spiritual things, that the leaders of the world and the celebrities are following, even feature all kind of symbols. so i nthe end, it's just all about rome and their philosophy to me. and they influence the whole world.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 6/2/2015 2:43:11 PM

What are yu realy talkin about? Spells are real. If yu were here yu would see & know dat spells are real

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 6/2/2015 7:02:14 PM

ok. i just put in my two cents about my feelings of what ive watched within the european society and what i think about the bible. but enough. i'm not qualified to talk about that thing itself in the first place.

bottom line is, you say spells are real and i believe you. and its interesting to read about those african traditions.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 6/3/2015 12:30:45 AM

Yu talk about what yu saw in European society but I man talk about de very same thing dat bro Zion Mountain talk about & him experiencing. We are not talkin about something we read in boolks but we talkin about things we experience & see heppening. There are some evil people here who use witchcraft to attack fellow innocent people & dis thing is real. Not a myth or immaginery thing like some of yu peceive it to be. De brother needs a solution to his problems not yo misinterpretations of de issue

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 6/3/2015 2:37:45 AM

Give thanks breddah Black Heart for the strength

King,if yu were in I shoes wat wud yu do???

And how wud yu link it to your Rastafari trod???

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 6/3/2015 12:11:44 PM

My Lord I would just go for de cleansing. Solong as deh are no animal sacrifice & animal products involved then I would have no problem doing it. I would also have no problem even bein a spirit medium & a healer. After all we do need such people even within de Rastafari community. If de I is destined to do such works then move on with it. If yu go fo training then yu haffe reason with your teacher & ancestors about yo Rasta trod so dat yu only deal with herbs. One Black Love

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 148

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I