Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6017&start_row=31

Spells;Are they real?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 148
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Black heart Sent: 3/19/2015 12:05:11 PM

Maybe de I should just pay de sangoma & let her remove de spells. After all yu went to her fo help so let her help yu like yu were expecting her help when yu go to her. In some cases yu can even find out dat she is de one dat provided de muthi fo de spell of which she knows how to remove it. Sometimes dis things may not affect Rastafari directely but it can affect those who are close such dat even de I is somehow affected (e.g. it can make yo empress leave u fo no apparent reason)

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 3/19/2015 12:35:42 PM

Poison and a bullet are physical things wich affect the physical body.
But spells are things wich don't have to get in direct physical contact with the victim and can't be seen nor proven.Bad things happen to everyone,but someone puts a spell on a man and then something bad happens in their life they say it's the spell of course.
The only way I see obeah and spells working is through faith of the obeah man and not through some superstitious magic itself.

Blessed Love

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 3/19/2015 2:00:41 PM

Give Ises Blackheart for strength and advise,I will do as the I say.The sangomas in this time especially in the city are do trick now,they are not to be trusted much because imagine,if they dont tell people that they spells and can remove them,would they get such money?The best thing I can do as the I say,is consulting my ancestors.

As for the offerings,what about the snuff?

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 3/19/2015 3:06:03 PM

Bless my Lord. As fo de snuff its up to yu wheather yu feel like including it or not. Ras Nate, we are not talkin about faith here but we talkin about spells dat are made with physical muthi & have physical effects on preople. Also we not talkin about superstitions but real things dat heppen ina Africa. If yu think we talkin supetrstition come to Africa yu will see some of dis things. example: mesterious fire dat keeps on resurfacing from nowhere to burn things in a person house e.t.c

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 3/19/2015 4:33:33 PM

Ises Black Heart.

What I mean is that if a poison is injected physically in to the body of a man,then it's only natural that they will suffer negative consequences.But casting a spell on someone by invisible forces without physical conact to the person is IMO a matter of faith that such things exist and can do what they are requested to do.
This is why I say superstition.Because this is supernatural and no one can prove these things to be real or not real and therefore the claim is unfalsifiable.However if one has faith in these things whether the victim or the one who casts the spell,these things may have a real effect through the power of the mind.

Ites

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/19/2015 6:42:08 PM

Westerners are put off by the word 'spell'

When the I dem a talk about natural physical mixup the spell man a mixup

Mystery doesn't always equate to supernatural.

Some good Rastaman Obeahman de ya still

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 5/31/2015 3:42:33 AM

I went to the village yesterday to visit I grandmuma(on I mumma's side) and she was filled with joy since it had been so long since I promised her dat I would visit she.

She then took to a very ancient man in the village,a spirit medium and a zangoma.You nuh greet the man hand to hand,nuh.,yu a jus seh,greetingz with no contact.

We reasoned wit th elder and him was telling the history and family tree of kings to rule di village.

I later tell him I story,and I snake dream,I never 4get.The elda man just smiled and told we to follow him to a next room saying him want to show I wat is going on pon Ima

The man showed I ancient afrikan sceptrer wit a lion head,and another one wit an arrow,a crown made of bird furthers and anatha one of animal skin,he also showed I cloths,one black,one white,one red,one black n white wit their specifik functions.

He then showed I the skeleton of a python worn around the neck,and said ,when yu dream of a snake,knw dat your ancestral spirits are asking for these for yu are a great zangoma and a spirit medium,he also had beads,sum red,sum black,sum white,sum blue wit each having their specifik function.

The man said there is a spell put to block the Irits and made I to not be sucessful in life,yet manipulating I ancient Irits 4 him own good.

So the man said I must be cleansed to remove di spell an pave way for the Irits to manifest

He warned I not to visit fake zangomas in th ghetto saying they do trick and may put more spell pon I,instead should visit zangomas in th village who live closer to mother nature.

The cleansing doesnt require animal sacrifies,or anythng,only water and herbs.

The man said I am destined to do so,or I will bear bad fortune if I deny.

We then left the place and I grandmumma told I dat I mumma used to get possessed by ancestral spirits when she was still a young girl

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 5/31/2015 10:08:13 AM

Ras Nate no need to believe in dem thing for it to take affect, Ive known people who had dem things on dem

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 5/31/2015 1:12:34 PM

JAH is a shield around those who put their trust in him , they shall not be moved,who JAH bless no man curse

Put on the full armor of JAH. Ephesians 6:10-18

I love you, LORD, my strength.
The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverermy God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield
salvation, my stronghold. called to the LORD, who is worthy of praise,
for I have been saved from my enemies.- psalm 18

JAH Rastafari
Haile Selassie
Ises unto the Lord of Lords

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 5/31/2015 1:52:45 PM

Trod on brother Zion Mount. Reconnect with your ancestors & stand strong in yo African roots. I agree with yu brother vodoo Ruutz, dis things do happen ina Africa. Some people like to talk things dem na know about. Ras Nate don't know Africa yet him want to tell us dat dis things don't happen. why? What even make him think dat dis things can't be proven. Its a pity dat some bible people like Jessepe just quote irrelevent verses of dem bibles to try & belittle Black Iritage instead of helping

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 148

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I