Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5998&start_row=1

Lent

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 2/16/2015 6:33:26 PM

Greetings
InI Bobo observing lent from wednesday 18th to good friday, this will be including fasting and abstainment from from certain practices.

Iman wondering how ones here celebrate lent,if so share,if not perhaps reason why the I doesn't observe it.seen

Give thanks for life,more love going through my lord and empress

Messenger: Darius Sent: 2/16/2015 6:45:25 PM

Greetings,

Yes I will be observing lent as well this year, brother. I was raised Catholic so I always do it because it's been beaten into me pretty much since I left my home in Ireland.

Blessings,

Mirza Yusuf "Darius" Husayn Ali

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 2/16/2015 10:22:43 PM

For I no lent, a Cat'lic thing! But from I born Louisiana InI was growed with Carnival (Mardi Gras) thing so do dat!
Bless

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/17/2015 6:52:56 AM

Jesus spent 40 nights in the desert so now man and man must remember this each year with Lent and giving something up from dem over privileged lives. How about freeing up some slaves for lent? Catholics never promoted that.

I and I bigger than Jesus. I and I been in the desert and wilderness for over 400 YEARS. How many days and how many nights? A fire. InI have forcefully given up I culture identity language and blessed family...

So no, Jesus can't impress me with his lent story in this Iwa. Move up!!!!!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/17/2015 6:56:51 AM

Carnival time

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 2/17/2015 7:25:05 AM

Yes I Lord Garvey Afrika. I man agree with de I. I just can't bow to no Jesus. Iman see Jesus & de Beast as one thing. De name jesus come from Rome, de sacrifice of blood is from Rome. Blood is salvation of de vampires but ital is de salvation of Rasta. However dis is no ment to disrespect fellow people who bow to de name given by de beast. It just what I man see & I wish Black man & womb could stay away from de name Jesus & remove all de potraits of white wash from de rooms. Burn crusifix

Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 2/17/2015 8:36:13 PM

Iman see the lent is not to copy jesus,or of rememberance of the exodus and the wandering in any desert, it is simply a time of discipline,to be aware of temptations and not yielding to them,a time to be grateful for what we have etc to better Iself,forward even better in I gong out and coming in and intune within Jah inside of I. From Abraham to Moses to David to Daniel to Jesus,the prophets have fasted to draw nearer to Jah,InI are the prophet,priest and king in this iwa same way as yesterday.Whether these characters were real people or not its surely a reflection of what was going on in those times so for I its never been a because the bible says so thing.

Iman observe I lent and burn Geezas and Christianity same way
Holy Emmanuel I Selassie I Jah Rastafari

Messenger: royal dawta Sent: 1/22/2016 1:55:11 AM

It was Thales who advised Pythagoras to travel to Africa to learn about mathematics and astronomy and the theory of music etc...Pythagoras tried going into Egypt wita letter of introduction written by Polycrates, arriving in Egypt Pythagoras tried to gain entry into the Mystery Schools of Egypt, he was refused and tried again and again. He was told that unless he goes through a PARTICULAR TRAINING OF FASTING and breathing, he can not be allowed to enter the school. Pythagoras is reported to have said, "I have come for knowledge, not any sort of discipline." BUT the school authorities said, "we can not give you knowledge unless you are different. And really, we are not interested in knowledge at all, we are interested in actual experience. No knowledge is knowledge unless it is lived and experienced. So you will have to go on a 40 day and 40 nights fast, continuously breathing in a certain manner, with a certain awareness on certain points." After 40 days and 40 nights of fasting and breathing, aware, attentive, he was allowed to enter the Mystery School. It is said that Pythagoras said, "You are not allowing Pythagoras in. I am a different man, I am reborn. You were right and I was wrong, because then my whole standpoint was intellectual. Theough this purification, my center of being has changed. Before this training I could only undeerstand through the intellect, through the head. Now I can feel. Now truth is not a concept to me, but a life."

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 1/22/2016 8:06:15 AM

For I as in my other post it Carnival (a lil different from Caribbean style) time. Back when I was enslaved InI would escape to the swamps and sometimes band with Indians and fight the enslavers. With InI culture of masking and processions a culture evolved giving homage to those Africans and Indians that helped out just prior to and during lent. So for EYE sighting these processions and gathering of InI culture is EYE celebration of lent only because this the time when it was allowed under white supremacy.

Big Up "Mardi Gras Indians" (as they are called) but as one Big Chief told I... African Warrior, African Warrior no Indian, Black Man, Jah Man!

Messenger: Sister Ifua Sent: 2/23/2016 2:40:33 PM

"Now truth is not a concept to me, but a life."

GREAT!

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I